List Mgmt. 2020: Death Riding Melbourne [NMFC owns MFC's 1st (#9) & 4th (#64) 2020 picks] - Keep Your Eye on the Red and the Blue

Thanks for that Giantroo......further to that,.....does that mean they go down a pick or two....apologies I've taken no notice of the points system....
Yes.

Each pick has a points value. Pick 1 (3000), etc . For Pick 1 you must have the full allocation of points (3000) to keep the pick even though you may have enough to cover pick 2 (2,517).

From there, you just minus the point deficit (265) and you get the table I've posted.

1599480515067.png
1599480663454.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Oct 16, 2004
The Gasometer
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Kangaroos
Only club I’d say that is more deserving of basketcase status then us is Hawthorn.

Imagine finishing bottom 3 without an exciting group of youngsters...

Going hard on the youth rebuild by re-signing young Burgoyne too...

North are, rightly, copping heaps of talking the list up in the pre-season. Essendon were talking theirs up just last week. They're all over the shop.

Psicosis

Brownlow Medallist
May 7, 2012
Bird Rock
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Big chance they make finals though.

Not really a big chance.

They have to beat Essendon.

Dogs would have to lose to Freo
Or
Collingwood lose to both GC & Port.
Or
They belt Essendon and Saints get belted by GWS.

Even if they beat Essendon... Dogs beat Freo, Collingwood beat GC, Saints don’t get belted by GWS, they don’t make it.

remfan101

Club Legend
Oct 23, 2015
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I'm not particularly confident that the Dogs beat Freo... Melbourne will flog * but probably not enough to catch St Kilda and doubt Collingwood lose both, so you'd think it'll come down to that match.

They can still take St Kilda's spot.

Can technically still finish as high as sixth with:

- a small StK loss to GWS
- a win over Essendon
- two Collingwood losses

The lowest they can realistically finish is 11th:

- a loss to Essendon
- a GWS win over StK

Massive wins for Freo or Carlton or both would see them potentially drop to 12th

Oct 16, 2004
The Gasometer
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Kangaroos
Whilst we're crunching the numbers to work out our draft spot, although this doesn't involved Melbourne, I was wondering what it would take to pick up the spoon / Pick #1 this year.

Obviously, if we lose and the Crows beat Richmond we're last. More likely we both lose. If we lose to the Eagles with the same score line as yesterday (35-99) our percentage will drop to 68.45. If the Crows lose by just 1 point it would have to be 107-108 for them to go above us. So, unless either we lose by 100+, or Adelaide win, we're 17th.

Edit: If we lose 20-120 our percentage will still be above Adelaide's.

Last edited:
Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club
Whilst we're crunching the numbers to work out our draft spot, although this doesn't involved Melbourne, I was wondering what it would take to pick up the spoon / Pick #1 this year.

Obviously, if we lose and the Crows beat Richmond we're last. More likely we both lose. If we lose to the Eagles with the same score line as yesterday (35-99) our percentage will drop to 68.45. If the Crows lose by just 1 point it would have to be 107-108 for them to go above us. So, unless either we lose by 100+, or Adelaide win, we're 17th.

Richmond will not drop this game. No chance.

Their recent record in Adelaide is very poor (2-7) and they don't want to be playing Port in the 1st final.

They want Brisbane.

Psicosis

Brownlow Medallist
May 7, 2012
Bird Rock
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Can someone explain to me who has our second round pick, and what the trade was to give it away?

I believe we traded it for an additional pick in the 30s, probably on the assumption that our ladder position wasn’t going to be 17th, as the club rated itself higher then reality at that point.

Comben, Perez and Mahoney seems like a pretty solid haul, however trading away pick 20 was a mistake in hindsight imo.

I personally do not like trading away future picks unless you’ve got a good grasp on where you’re at, which we clearly didn’t. Fingers crossed we do now.

ChoppyGun

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 19, 2020
AFL Club
North Melbourne
All you guys and girls crunching numbers.

How likely do we get pick 1?

The spoon talk is nonsense imo, who cares.

GuyIncognito

All Australian
Oct 5, 2004
Melbourne
AFL Club
Geelong
Come on.....Wake up and accept the NMFC f’ed up big time.

Imagine Sarong in our midfield....

We have traded a potential Rising Star winner for a first round pick (10 or something) (disadvantaged because there is no TAC football this year). pick 25 and Flynn Perez (shown very little in his first 2 games).

Are you serious....? We got reamed in that deal.

Serong looks good. I wonder who North would have taken last year?

Back