Position 2020 Defenders

Remove this Banner Ad

He's available as a defender. 95-100 would make him a top 10 defender
Averaging 5-10 more than the highest he has averaged in his entire career, at the age of 32, would have him in the top 10 defenders... not exactly screaming value here

Defenders the hardest to choose.

A a glance, the only 'top' guys I like are Lloyd, Laird, Sicily, Williams and Docherty, and none of them are straight up picks for me.

I'm not considering Houli, Stewart, Witherden, Andrews, Newman, Rampe (although I'm going to go study his 2nd half of the year), Rich, Hurn, Simpson, Smith, Howe, Ryan, McGovern, Sheppard etc at all. Same with Blakely, Mills, Birchall, Short, Milera.

From necessity I'm down to seeing the likes of DBJ, Houston, Dawson, Saad, McKenna, Clark and Ahern but I wonder if they are all just 5 points underpriced which makes them 'attractive' pre-season options but limited in terms of success. In which case I could be down to Doedee, Roberton, Hill D3 onwards...:eek:
I’m thinking very hard about Houli. Averaged 116.4 at the MCG vs 86.1 away last year, and they have 9 of 12 at home before the bye. Thrives on the extra space to seagull it up.

But ... it’s also gambling on a fully priced 31yo coming off a career best season not dropping away.

One thing I do know is I’m not touching Sicily. Punchable fecker burned me so hard after I traded him in last year.

I’m thinking very hard about Houli. Averaged 116.4 at the MCG vs 86.1 away last year, and they have 9 of 12 at home before the bye. Thrives on the extra space to seagull it up.

But ... it’s also gambling on a fully priced 31yo coming off a career best season not dropping away.

One thing I do know is I’m not touching Sicily. Punchable fecker burned me so hard after I traded him in last year.
Biggest regret from last year was picking T-Rich 🦖(even though he was a excellent pick) over the Houli Douli at 420kish,
in that window.

I could of banked about 70k from that trade.:'( That extra cash would of been splendid.

Let's just say Brodie Smith plays full time mid this season.

At 480k, what would he need to score at to be a top 6 defender?

It would need to be at least a 95 avg you would think

Laird was 8th with a 96. I'm guessing he'd near on need 100. Few might drop out of the 2019 list though, like Houli.

Laird was 8th with a 96. I'm guessing he'd near on need 100. Few might drop out of the 2019 list though, like Houli.
Theres no reason houli drops off unless he gets injured. His role was a bit different last year and kick ins helped his scoring. Half backs can still score well into their 30s

Why do you think Houli drops out?

I think injury will impact on him and although he may average close to 100, I think the injuries won't make him worth it.

His role looks rock solid.

Let's just say Brodie Smith plays full time mid this season.

At 480k, what would he need to score at to be a top 6 defender?
He played midfield from around round 16 onwards last year. Last 8 scores:

Could be capable of a 95 average

Biggest regret from last year was picking T-Rich

Jeez. If that's your 'biggest regret' from last year, how are you enjoying your $50k?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

For me -
Laird the only guy you can significantly say with no hesitation that he'll get you a guaranteed 90 every week. His floor is just plain insane. 85 of his last 102 games have been over 80. Lock him in.
Sicily will play in that half back/intercept position again, they've recruited around him so he won't be forced into Clarko ridiculousness.
Doc no brainer.
Houston midfield minutes are too hard to resist.

For me -
Laird the only guy you can significantly say with no hesitation that he'll get you a guaranteed 90 every week. His floor is just plain insane. 85 of his last 102 games have been over 80. Lock him in.
Sicily will play in that half back/intercept position again, they've recruited around him so he won't be forced into Clarko ridiculousness.
Doc no brainer.
Houston midfield minutes are too hard to resist.
Agreed on Sicily - Houston - Doc - I reckon all three out perform their price.

Biggest regret from last year was picking T-Rich 🦖(even though he was a excellent pick) over the Houli Douli at 420kish,
in that window.

I could of banked about 70k from that trade.:'( That extra cash would of been splendid.

Who's T .Rich ?

:moustache:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back