Remove this Banner Ad

Jordan Dawson

deck2020_dawson.jpg

Name: Jordan Dawson
Team: Sydney Swans
Position: FWD/DEF
Bye round: 13

Why should I pick him?
Like Shane Woewodin’s famous peroxide locks or Pamela Anderson’s bust in the 90’s, the most eye-catching and enticing aspect of Jordan Dawson’s 2020 prospects is his rare FWD/DEF status. While it’s early days, it looks like we’ll have a dearth of Premiums available in the forward line – so the ability to slot in a value pick like Dawson into one of the weakest lines we’ve seen in years is significant, while the trading flexibility it affords you throughout the year is potentially massive. Unlike midfield-eligible DPP’s – where you always want them in their lower positions to maximise your access to the big name accumulators – Dawson’s FWD/DEF eligibility will make him a legitimate swingman as you look to capitalise on the best value acquisitions over the course of the season by simply not limiting your options to just the forward or back lines respectively.
So, he’s got the DPP, but can he score? At an average of 82.7 last season, the short answer is yes, kind of. But taking a sneaky look under the hood, the numbers are much more promising (and arousing) than you’d think.
As a third-year player on the fringe at Sydney last year, Dawson was forced to win his spot in any way he could. This came in the form of a ‘high half forward’ role to start the season and he had mixed fortunes, being dropped once and producing scores of 43, 71 and 92; typically high-variance output for a forward. Then he caught his break.

Perennial Swans defenders in Jarrad McVeigh, Heath Grundy and Nick Davis have all retired this off-season, as well as sometimes-back flanker Zak Jones moving on to butcher the footy in greener pastures. This leaves a permanent role as Sydney’s go-to user just begging to be snapped up by Dawson, much like an unguarded eski at a house party.

Am I confident that he’ll earn that role? Put it this way – if I’m Sydney’s coaching staff and I’m looking for someone to take care of the footy in the back half, I’m looking directly at the guy who kicked an incredible 15.1 at goals over the 2019 season – the most accurate goalkicking season by any player over the last 20 years. I want the ball snug in the hands of the guy who kicked at a league-leading 70% accuracy on scoring shots from outside 50 in 2019. Basically, Jordan Dawson’s left boot is a filthy pig and I’m in the mood for bacon.

Jordan Dawson

deck2020_dawson.jpg

Name: Jordan Dawson
Team: Sydney Swans
Position: FWD/DEF
Bye round: 13

Why should I pick him?
Like Shane Woewodin’s famous peroxide locks or Pamela Anderson’s bust in the 90’s, the most eye-catching and enticing aspect of Jordan Dawson’s 2020 prospects is his rare FWD/DEF status. While it’s early days, it looks like we’ll have a dearth of Premiums available in the forward line – so the ability to slot in a value pick like Dawson into one of the weakest lines we’ve seen in years is significant, while the trading flexibility it affords you throughout the year is potentially massive. Unlike midfield-eligible DPP’s – where you always want them in their lower positions to maximise your access to the big name accumulators – Dawson’s FWD/DEF eligibility will make him a legitimate swingman as you look to capitalise on the best value acquisitions over the course of the season by simply not limiting your options to just the forward or back lines respectively.
So, he’s got the DPP, but can he score? At an average of 82.7 last season, the short answer is yes, kind of. But taking a sneaky look under the hood, the numbers are much more promising (and arousing) than you’d think.
As a third-year player on the fringe at Sydney last year, Dawson was forced to win his spot in any way he could. This came in the form of a ‘high half forward’ role to start the season and he had mixed fortunes, being dropped once and producing scores of 43, 71 and 92; typically high-variance output for a forward. Then he caught his break.

Perennial Swans defenders in Jarrad McVeigh, Heath Grundy and Nick Davis have all retired this off-season, as well as sometimes-back flanker Zak Jones moving on to butcher the footy in greener pastures. This leaves a permanent role as Sydney’s go-to user just begging to be snapped up by Dawson, much like an unguarded eski at a house party.

Am I confident that he’ll earn that role? Put it this way – if I’m Sydney’s coaching staff and I’m looking for someone to take care of the footy in the back half, I’m looking directly at the guy who kicked an incredible 15.1 at goals over the 2019 season – the most accurate goalkicking season by any player over the last 20 years. I want the ball snug in the hands of the guy who kicked at a league-leading 70% accuracy on scoring shots from outside 50 in 2019. Basically, Jordan Dawson’s left boot is a filthy pig and I’m in the mood for bacon.

SC points to possessions is what interests me

Nick Davis retired this off-season? What year is it?

Dawson looks like Witherden v2.0

Pass.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Yeah look, i'm not nearly as turned on with Dawson as i am with Houston, Seagull, Zilliams, Thunder thighs, Docherty or Stewart.

DEF/FWD link will keep me interested though.

Luke Ryan the halfwit is on the never again list for me after what he dished up, post byes when everyone traded him in.

Yeah look, i'm not nearly as turned on with Dawson as i am with Houston, Seagull, Zilliams, Thunder thighs, Docherty or Stewart.

DEF/FWD link will keep me interested though.

Luke Ryan the halfwit is on the never again list for me after what he dished up, post byes when everyone traded him in.
The bloke I'm not sure about is Seagull ....primarily due to the potential impact Dawson may have on him ?

Damned if you do, damned if you don't with Seagull.

I can just imagine campaigner uncle Jiska coming on here round 1 after Seagull scabs his way to 130 from 4 contested posessions.......

"Are you telling me you guys didn't start Lloyd? Bizarre. Why wouldn't you, he's been the number 1 defender for the past 3 seasons now"

Image result for smug gif

Damned if you do, damned if you don't with Seagull.

I can just imagine campaigner uncle Jiska coming on here round 1 after Seagull scabs his way to 130 from 4 contested posessions.......

"Are you telling me you guys didn't start Lloyd? Bizarre. Why wouldn't you, he's been the number 1 defender for the past 3 seasons now"

Image result for smug gif

Reckon Seagull will drop in price .....too many other cheaper DEF options to pay top $$ to start him

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Reckon Seagull will drop in price .....too many other cheaper DEF options to pay top $$ to start him

It's kinda bullshit the way he finished the season at 482K having plummeted in price the last handful of rounds..

And now the chip scab campaigner is back up to $591,400 again.

It's kinda bullshit the way he finished the season at 482K having plummeted in price the last handful of rounds..

And now the chip scab campaigner is back up to $591,400 again.
I place a lot of creedance in how players finish the last 6 weeks of a season .....normally those that string good games together ...but also those that fall away ....has Seagull been found out ?

I place a lot of creedance in how players finish the last 6 weeks of a season .....normally those that string good games together ...but also those that fall away ....has Seagull been found out ?
I did notice in the last few weeks of last season the Gull actually copped a soft tag from an opposing forward, hence the drop in score. I'm very bullish on actually *not* starting Lloyd at this stage, much better value elsewhere at the moment.

I did notice in the last few weeks of last season the Gull actually copped a soft tag from an opposing forward, hence the drop in score. I'm very bullish on actually *not* starting Lloyd at this stage, much better value elsewhere at the moment.
And we do have to see Dawson's role .....liked your DEF assessment

Would love your thoughts on some of the midpricers & I'll include Docherty, Doedee, Roberton, and Milera

Would love your thoughts on some of the midpricers & I'll include Docherty, Doedee, Roberton, and Milera
I'm considering doing a mid-pricer round-up at some stage for all the positions, but the rest of the premo reviews and various other projects are in front of it in the queue at the moment. I'll probably get to them in depth eventually, but for now:

Dawson: really like him, ended last season well, DPP def/fwd is really good, especially with Stephen Hill also having the same DPP. Very well could find his way into my team yet.

Docherty: if he's fit round one lock him in. He's had a full pre-season and by all reports is tearing up the track (but to be fair who isn't at this stage?) Even if his average drops by a HUGE 25 points (which I doubt will happen), he'll still average 90 points which isn't the end of the world.

Doedee: Really like him, in contention with Roberton for my D4 spot, could even fit both into my team eventually. ACL is a concern but at that price he's hard to turn down.

Roberton: Same with Doedee, fantastic stepping stone option. If both are healthy I prefer Roberton because he's cheaper and I think he'll score more, but his heart issues I'd argue are more concerning than the ACL. One to watch for sure.

Milera: I like him the least out of the players listed, I just think he's moved around too much to get consistent scoring from him. If he finds a permanent spot in the middle or on a wing then he's an upgrade option, but he's too risky to start with for mine.

Hope this was helpful!

What's your thoughts on Milera if you don't mind?

What's your thoughts on Milera if you don't mind?
As you can tell by my Signature ....I love him ....Ruicutto says he'll be a dead set star & I believe him .....but the *er cruelled my SC season last year

IMO the indigenous boys at the Crows suffered most from the camp .....and under Betts svengali leadership showed a lack of will the last two years

Milera is the best kick at the Crows, can break & cross lines .....but his head has to be in the right place

Pyke bounced him all over the field .....HFF, wing, HBF, and midfield ....he was a yo-yo

The New Coach has said he needs speed in the midfield .....he's a watch, but if he plays HBF or Midfield, strongly consider .....IMO I had him as a low to mid 90's player last season .....same this season

Haha Milera talk is back again. I thought he made you all look like a proper knob last year.

This board is like I've taken acid and stuck in a timeloop.

Just on that, anyone carrying?
I'm carrying but it's dark in there and my eyes are kinda dilated

Haha Milera talk is back again. I thought he made you all look like a proper knob last year.

I had Milera and Blakely in my backline last year. They were cheap and were meant to punch out ton after ton

Weren't you sooking in another thread about this board being negative? Anywhoo ...

Milera is a jet who just needs to stay injury free and played in one position. 400k that could average 95 if played on a wing or HBF.

If Andrew McLeod was 400k at the start of a season he'd be in 95% of sensible teams ...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back