Position 2020 Defenders

Anyone know much about Brandon Zerk-Thatcher?

Apart from the fact his parents shouldn't have been such *******s and hyphened their names, no, not really.

Spacedog

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 2, 2016
AFL Club
Richmond

This could be a bad sign for Docherty. Surely you don’t want SPS, Simpson, Newman and Docherty all playing loose half back roles. Someone will have to play more of a lockdown role and Docherty seems the most likely to me out of those 4

This could be a bad sign for Docherty. Surely you don’t want SPS, Simpson, Newman and Docherty all playing loose half back roles. Someone will have to play more of a lockdown role and Docherty seems the most likely to me out of those 4

They could push Newman up to the wing.
Doc is thier backline General, I think he says down in the backline.

Jun 19, 2016
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs

Simpson may not play many games as they phase him out?

Brodie Smith was a frustrating sack of ass last year.

I think all of us were crawling towards the finish line with that prick and couldn't wait to turf him at the byes.

His scores from round 12-15 were 48, 74, BYE and 65 for an average of 62

What a sack of s**t. Even Baby John outscored him in round 12 by 24 points.

Interesting that Milera has just re signed for 5 years and thinks he’ll be a rebounding defender this year.
Thoughts WaynesWorld19

Nov 6, 2003
Melbourne
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
🇦🇺 🇦🇺 🇦🇺 West Adelaide
Interesting that Milera has just re signed for 5 years and thinks he’ll be a rebounding defender this year.
Thoughts WaynesWorld19
Too early ...has been training with the mids ....he'll be a very late call for me, after the PS games

I think all of us were crawling towards the finish line with that prick and couldn't wait to turf him at the byes.

I was pretty happy with a 22 game season long keeper that started at 330k.

Would of been top 12 of so for total points.

Sep 19, 2010
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Lakers, Chiefs
Thoughts WaynesWorld19

Watched his presser and clearly never wants to play forward again. Gibbs is suppose to be at half but back I expect him to end up in the SANFL. For 400k Milera is value and theres less pressure after he was talked up last year and now isnt playing for his future. I do worry about his injuries which he seems to pick up far too often though.

Daw looking like the best defender on the ground in an intra club under way at Arden Street. Tarrent isn't playing though.
Don't hate the idea of picking daw at 340k but how many mid pricers can you really go in with.

Watched his presser and clearly never wants to play forward again. Gibbs is suppose to be at half but back I expect him to end up in the SANFL. For 400k Milera is value and theres less pressure after he was talked up last year and now isnt playing for his future. I do worry about his injuries which he seems to pick up far too often though.
He probably dosen't want to play forward because he will get cold waiting for the ball to come down.

Santoz

Chief's Public Enemy #1
30k Posts 10k Posts Freeze MND Challenge 2021 Chess Club Member
Mar 10, 2006
Weir Stables
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Baghdad Bombers

Midfield this year though.

Jump on :thumbsu: :thumbsu:

rumoursofwinter

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 7, 2008
melbourne
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
I just put rory laird back into my side. He is such a low risk player. Does anyone have any idea about his role this year? Nicks used to be keen on having lots of players in defence. (Laird v sicily confuses me. They probably score a similar average but sicily more likely to get reported)

I just put rory laird back into my side. He is such a low risk player. Does anyone have any idea about his role this year? Nicks used to be keen on having lots of players in defence. (Laird v sicily confuses me. They probably score a similar average but sicily more likely to get reported)
Whynotboth.jpg

Santoz

Chief's Public Enemy #1
Mar 10, 2006
Weir Stables
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Baghdad Bombers
Midfield this year though.

Jump on :thumbsu: :thumbsu:

I'm not taking the piss with this.

Yes he's priced at a 92 but I can see him averaging 95-100 with more midfield time.

When he gets 7+ contested possies he averages 96.

Last year's Adelaide midfield seemed very one paced and workmanlike.

Gibbs to HBF & has been training with the mids all preseason.

I think Adelaide want his explosive leg with the ball from stoppages as opposed to Matt Crouch kicking 35m snaps over his shoulder.

Sep 3, 2005
Adelaide
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Baghdad Bombers
I'm not taking the piss with this.

Yes he's priced at a 92 but I can see him averaging 95-100 with more midfield time.

When he gets 7+ contested possies he averages 96.

Last year's Adelaide midfield seemed very one paced and workmanlike.

Gibbs to HBF & has been training with the mids all preseason.

I think Adelaide want his explosive leg with the ball from stoppages as opposed to Matt Crouch kicking 35m snaps over his shoulder.
Problem is it's Sloane Crouch X2 in the guts getting all the contested ball.

Smith Milera Laird play back but go through the guts at stages.
Taking Smith in DEF is banking on him getting more mid time than Milera and Laird and becoming the keeper.
Safer just to grab Laird who is a top 10 DEF even without playing midfield.

Santoz

Chief's Public Enemy #1
Mar 10, 2006
Weir Stables
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Baghdad Bombers
Problem is it's Sloane Crouch X2 in the guts getting all the contested ball.

Smith Milera Laird play back but go through the guts at stages.
Taking Smith in DEF is banking on him getting more mid time than Milera and Laird and becoming the keeper.
Safer just to grab Laird who is a top 10 DEF even without playing midfield.

Adelaide's midfield will get a makeover :thumbsu:

rumoursofwinter

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 7, 2008
melbourne
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Whynotboth.jpg

I might end up taking both or neither. I put Lloyd back in my side recently. I just don't see any risk with Lloyd. Got Docherty. See how his preseason goes. There look to be some cheap picks who should score okay. Also quite a few expensive players who drop in price. Dunno. Sicily could get tagged and have a coulee of bad games, get suspended and then I could get him on cheap.

Your username is locked in my team.

Back