Position 2020 Defenders

Feb 2, 2020
AFL Club
Collingwood
Is seagull worth the price tag? Upgrading Starcevich and can buy any defender.
Next week will go one up one down and grab Whitfield.

Lloyd averaging 120 since the restart and doesn’t look like slowing down. Plays a decimated Richmond team this week too, surely another 110+ game? Only guy in the top few with proven history too. I like Haynes and Maynard but they don’t carry the history that Lloyd does.
I should just play it safe, right?

Apr 5, 2014
Peramangk country Adelaide Hills
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
My SuperCoach team
Is seagull worth the price tag? Upgrading Starcevich and can buy any defender.
Next week will go one up one down and grab Whitfield.

Lloyd averaging 120 since the restart and doesn’t look like slowing down. Plays a decimated Richmond team this week too, surely another 110+ game? Only guy in the top few with proven history too. I like Haynes and Maynard but they don’t carry the history that Lloyd does.
I should just play it safe, right?
All three seem to be solid options. Haven't checked stats but maybe Lloyd has a higher ceiling?

Going to add Ridley this week so my defenders will be Sicily, Hayne, Docherty, Short, Maynard, Ridley, Young, B Williams. Barring injury (and f...... Sicily), I am hoping they churn out consistent high scores. Bolded were Rd1.

Feb 2, 2020
AFL Club
Collingwood
All three seem to be solid options. Haven't checked stats but maybe Lloyd has a higher ceiling?

Lloyd - 77, 145, 101, 102, 132
Haynes - 114, 97, 110, 101, 148
Maynard - 104, 105, 125, 118, 116
Daniel - 92, 83, 134, 114, 107

As a Pies man I love Bruzzy but really not confident he can keep this huge scoring up. Haynes is a deadset gun. Daniel just consistent.

5ammy

Club Legend
Jun 16, 2015
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Lloyd - 77, 145, 101, 102, 132
Haynes - 114, 97, 110, 101, 148
Maynard - 104, 105, 125, 118, 116
Daniel - 92, 83, 134, 114, 107

As a Pies man I love Bruzzy but really not confident he can keep this huge scoring up. Haynes is a deadset gun. Daniel just consistent.
Any particular reason you aren't confident with Maynard mate? I've watched all the Pies games and he's looked awesome, his attack on the footy is insane.

Looks like my defence is done for now.
1594385434573.png

I'll aim to upgrade Houston/Doedee or move them to D7 down the line, but we'll see what happens.

For now I'm content, I can focus on my mids and fwds.

View attachment 909872
I'll aim to upgrade Houston/Doedee or move them to D7 down the line, but we'll see what happens.

Very nice Arse you have .

View attachment 909872

Just grabbed Stewart for a rookie
Houston moves to M8 temporarily, but will later become a D7/M9 swing for cover/loopholes

Feb 5, 2018
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Chicago Blackhawks Melb Renegades
Just grabbed Stewart for a rookie
Houston moves to M8 temporarily, but will later become a D7/M9 swing for cover/loopholes

I'm going to run with this too. If Dan can get back to consistent 90's and 100s he can stay M8. Otherwise will look at making a luxury trade to a proper premium mid once every other line is complete.

Apr 14, 2016
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
LA Lakers,Chelsea F.C.
Elite 6 defenders im working with nearly fully upgraded. Had rich but though he was injured for longer, offloaded him
J.Lloyd Robbie Tarrant Harris Andrews
N Haynes Ridley (might offload when he has finished making money) Robbie Fox (ditto, cash cow)

Would love a Luke ryan to finish that backline

May 10, 2007
Under the table
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Pittsburgh Penguins
Mine is finished "enough" for now whilst I squeeze rookies out elsewhere. Obviously will need to try to go up to 1 or more of the big guns in Gull, Sicily and Haynes, especially given they'll all be done with byes this week. Maybe at Adelaide's bye or something I'll try to take Doodle or Laird up.

Nice to see Willo and Rivers eeking out a few more $$ this week! I was resigned to leaving Williamson there all year as donut filler because he seems to be solid in the Carlton side and was so cheap he wasn't worth trading out, but yesterday's scintillating 80-odd means he might make a few bucks.

1597040724669.png

I think Lloyd is my first-picked next year. His role is ridiculous. He's recession-proof. Sydney's entire gameplan is to hide in their defensive 50 and give it to Lloyd. It's great, and I forget every year to just shut up and pay for the Gull.

x2. I always realise I'm wrong to dislike The Gull about a week after he's way too expensive.

Defenders are all the (necessary) RAGE this week...

Some cheaper alternatives to Lloyd Williams... 🤔

Under 5% ownership, and already had their bye;

Ryan. Great numbers, but definitely buying high. As others have mentioned, not as good historically away from home either.

Thurlow? Massive?? Who really knows...

Mills. Only 2 scores under 80 all year. Looks a genuine 90-95 Av.

Witherden? Not had, but harmless bye. Is he back as a lock to be picked? Should go 90+, but risky I guess.

Zillions, I personally don't trust to play all the games. 3 in 10 days, 3 States...
Obviously good option if that's not an issue.

Brad Sheppard. 3 scores under 80. (1 in a loss, 2 in WC's smallest wins.)
Good run home... Interesting option...

Hurley. Slow start but just 1 score under 87 in their last 7. Has gone 90+ plenty of times before.

May. Slow start, unfit. But after Rd. 3 has gone under 90 just once in 8 games. Has to be good value @ $430ish, right?

Anyone else worth looking at?

Ryan. Great numbers, but definitely buying high. As others have mentioned, not as good historically away from home either.

Witherden? Not had, but harmless bye. Is he back as a lock to be picked? Should go 90+, but risky I guess.

Zillions, I personally don't trust to play all the games. 3 in 10 days, 3 States...

Hurley. Slow start but just 1 score under 87 in their last 7. Has gone 90+ plenty of times before.

May. Slow start, unfit. But after Rd. 3 has gone under 90 just once in 8 games. Has to be good value @ $430ish, right?

I'm assuming from all that, and looking at the team you support, you already have Daniel.

For others, Daniel would be high on the list. I've already turned Sicily into him. Unsurprisingly, it left me with a bit of change.

(attempted height differential joke ...)

Jul 10, 2016
AFL Club
GWS
Other Teams
No AFL team
I'm assuming from all that, and looking at the team you support, you already have Daniel.

For others, Daniel would be high on the list. I've already turned Sicily into him. Unsurprisingly, it left me with a bit of change.

(attempted height differential joke ...)
Lack of bye hurts. Big no for me.

Dec 3, 2017
AFL Club
Melbourne

If you look at 5 game averages = recent form, instead of season averages there are a lot more viable Def options available.

It's risky (as are all KPP), but waiting 2 weeks until after the Lions' bye can get a sub $420k Harris Andrews.

He's currently at $439,100 with a B/E of 142. He's currently averaging 87.

Back