Unofficial Preview 2020 Disenchantment

Remove this Banner Ad

I have zero idea what the issue is with SPP but seems to be a little too much smoke atm.

I've been told one thing where you obviously have differing info and probably more accurate.

Who actually wants him moved on? Is it possible to say in an open forum?

Is it to get more draft picks, grab more youngsters and then try and hide behind the excuse of youth for all of Ken's time with us??

Any help trying to understand this one would be much appreciated.

I have two sets of info, one that is club-side, that is very tenuous and only gives a limited part of the picture.

The other is outside the club but close to SPP, it's a source that I trust (for various reasons) and it's this info that's changed my mind. I can't and won't share it, but it does add weight to the club-side info re wanting him gone.

My take: there's a time to part ways that's best for both parties and that time is now.

Caveat: I believe SPP can be a great player if given the proper mentoring and coaching. I don't think he gets that at Port.

It’s disheartening to see the Crows come out and acknowledge supporter angst and commit to making changes

Our club has not only failed to commit to any changes, but has completely ignored our voices. It hasn’t even attempted to calm our concerns. You could even say they’ve arrogantly rubbed our noses in it.

I guess no one at Alberton wants a review because that would mean they could lose their job. They’d rather plod along and secure their own financial interests than actually invoke the change required to win a premiership.

So with that in mind, 2020 is more or less the same as we’ve come to expect. Another side loaded with too many inside mids, half-back flankers and small pressure forwards. Another side whose skills are subpar. Another mid-table finish.

We are Port Adelaide. We exist to exist.

I have two sets of info, one that is club-side, that is very tenuous and only gives a limited part of the picture.

The other is outside the club but close to SPP, it's a source that I trust (for various reasons) and it's this info that's changed my mind. I can't and won't share it, but it does add weight to the club-side info re wanting him gone.

My take: there's a time to part ways that's best for both parties and that time is now.

Caveat: I believe SPP can be a great player if given the proper mentoring and coaching. I don't think he gets that at Port.

Cheers

Understand about what can and can't be said. All good.

I think maybe I'm getting half the picture from what I'm being told but it's still confusing. Your last sentence is more along the lines as to what I'm being told and that's extremely disappointing but looking like my info is possibly not as clear as I'd like.

It’s disheartening to see the Crows come out and acknowledge supporter angst and commit to making changes

Our club has not only failed to commit to any changes, but has completely ignored our voices. It hasn’t even attempted to calm our concerns. You could even say they’ve arrogantly rubbed our noses in it.

I guess no one at Alberton wants a review because that would mean they could lose their job. They’d rather plod along and secure their own financial interests than actually invoke the change required to win a premiership.

So with that in mind, 2020 is more or less the same as we’ve come to expect. Another side loaded with too many inside mids, half-back flankers and small pressure forwards. Another side whose skills are subpar. Another mid-table finish.

You seem more optimistic in that review than crows fans, difference between the two clubs is we can't afford to pay out a coach so the review wouldn't really do much for us this year, would be more so focused on who should/shouldn't be there in 2021/22

The thing I'm most worried about is that Hinkley is extended if we make finals.

We could scrape into 8th on percentage, lose the first final, and he would get an extension.

A club that's finished 9, 10, 7, 10, 10, doesn't need an 8th placed finish.

Another failed season like that, and further in-action terrifies me.

I don't usually take on the attitude that the sky is falling but it's really hard to see the club pull itself out of this mess.

The financials are stuffed yet we still look to get ourselves in more debt with the Alberton expansion/hostel
China delivers nothing
The stadium deal sucks
The board are incompetent and accept mediocrity
KKK here for 2020 and maybe longer
We may lose Schofield
We may lose Amon
Frampton probably gets delisted
Travis & Robbie have had their careers wasted

I'm beyond having any nice feelings to those in charge, I want them gone and I want them to know how badly they've stuffed things up.

I don't usually take on the attitude that the sky is falling but it's really hard to see the club pull itself out of this mess.

The financials are stuffed yet we still look to get ourselves in more debt with the Alberton expansion/hostel
China delivers nothing
The stadium deal sucks
The board are incompetent and accept mediocrity
KKK here for 2020 and maybe longer
We may lose Schofield
We may lose Amon
Frampton probably gets delisted
Travis & Robbie have had their careers wasted

I'm beyond having any nice feelings to those in charge, I want them gone and I want them to know how badly they've stuffed things up.
Schofield leaving?

I’m sorry but anyone attacking the club for its work in the community is completely in the wrong. On field we are a dogs breakfast and that lies in the footy department. Our community work is what differs us from the crows, it’s the kind of stuff we’ve been doing for 150 years. Looking after our community. I know the “making the community proud” stuff sets people off but that isn’t the problem here. That’s great work that wins us long time, passionate supporters.

Keep telling yourself that.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We should get rid of NTUA, because the current administration is killing the club.
I guess half the point of NTUA is that it is a supporter anthem. Screw everyone else, we will stand together forever regardless of the outside influence that come and go.

The problem is, we now need to consider it applies to the inside influences as well.

I’m sorry but anyone attacking the club for its work in the community is completely in the wrong. On field we are a dogs breakfast and that lies in the footy department. Our community work is what differs us from the crows, it’s the kind of stuff we’ve been doing for 150 years. Looking after our community. I know the “making the community proud” stuff sets people off but that isn’t the problem here. That’s great work that wins us long time, passionate supporters.
That’s true. So where’s this hotel going anyways? We could demolish Alberton Oval I guess.

That’s true. So where’s this hotel going anyways? We could demolish Alberton Oval I guess.
IMO if we had football and tradition in mind we’d have it in Port Lincoln. Strengthen our claim to Eyre, cheaper land, and any footballing kids would qualify for NGA

I don’t always agree with you but on this I definitely agree. I am massively pissed off that there will be no external review. Something isn’t right at the club for such inconsistent results. And telling us that all is good and we are on the right path feels hollow
I feel disillusioned with how they have handled this.
Do a review you dickheads!

Agreed..to a point.
We can walk and chew gum at the same time and we should take our positive role model status seriously. By all accounts our indigenous program is excellent. That is a credit.

Counter argument.. wheres our women's team. We're one a few that dont. Before the outpouring of anti AFLW angst from 45yo men here, i think this IS important. You dont have to watch- thats totally fine, but we're better off when a young girl can watch a role model like her achieve sporting success and earn a living doing it, and i would rather than kid watches that happen in a port jumper rather than a crows one.

I fear we traded that for China and that payday always just over the next horizon.

The Crows implosion over the last 2 years has been much more spectacular. From being Premiership Montys, the Collective Minds Stuff, the camp, star players wanting out...again.... it's been a huge fall from grace. Our malaise has been gradual, constant..... like Tinnitus.

What I suspect will happen, the Crows will dump Burton (as even the knitting brigade seem to hate him) Chapman stands down (like he was doing any rate) and perhaps, perhaps they shoot Pyke cause the players don't like him. If Pyke doesn't go, they'll fire one or 2 of the Assistants. They will claim radical and sweeping changes (even though the rotten core of the football club still exists), and they'll be lauded for doing something about it. But the fact is, they still have an average list, so whether they can spin that, it remains to be seen.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back