Opinion 2020 Draft #2: 1/9/22/23/40/80 (2021 + Melb 2nd, Haw 4th, Freo 4th)

Who will Adelaide select with pick 1?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

KEY DATES

Oct 30 – Nov 6: AFL Free Agency Period
November 4 – 12: AFL Trade Period
November 20: List Lodgment 1
November 27: List Lodgment 2
November 30: AFL Draft Nominations close
w/c December 7: NAB AFL Draft and Rookie Draft (exact date to be confirmed in due course)
Mid-December: Final List Lodgment & TPP estimates

As God is my witness, finding anything useful on the AFL.com.au site is practically impossible, may whoever designed it burn in hell.

so for someone with a better handle on the final workings, can someone break down the Stocker pick trade for us and Carlton to finally see where it ended up?

I just have this feeling we have come out ahead and will stay ahead on that one

There could be a few. Kolar, Callow. Probably not Ollie Davis.

What do others think?
Max Heath missed out in both drafts didn't he?

If his pre-season trial form for the Sandringham Dragons translates into the early 2021 NAB League season he'll get snapped up pretty quickly I feel.
A genuine Ruck to develop looks a need to me because I sure as hell hope the plan is to develop Riley Thilthorpe is as a roaming Centre Half Forward/Full Forward. Strachan I can't see being the long term answer and Frampton is looking like a recruiting mistake, even moreso now we have Thilthorpe.

Last edited:
so for someone with a better handle on the final workings, can someone break down the Stocker pick trade for us and Carlton to finally see where it ended up?

We won it, I did the math. :$

Essentially, Carlton ended up with Liam Stocker, Brodie Kemp and Sam Philp, while we ended up with Fischer McAsey and Luke Pedlar.

Technically, Carlton also had to give up picks 55 and 62 in the 2019 draft, but that's chicken feed. They weren't going to use those picks anyway.

stocker is pretty close to a punchline at this stage

1st Trade (Carlton, Adelaide)

In: Carlton 2019 1st
Out: Adelaide 2019 1st, Pick 19

2nd Trade (Adelaide, GWS)

Out: Pick 4 (Carlton 2019 1st)
In: Pick 6, GWS 2020 1st

3rd Trade (Carlton, Gold Coast)

Out: Pick 11 (Adelaide 2019 1st), Pick 62
In: Pick 17, Pick 22

4th Trade (Carlton, Port Adelaide)

Out: Pick 22, Pick 55
In: Pick 20

Total

Carlton
In: Pick 19 (2018), Pick 17 (2019), Pick 20 (2019)
Out: Pick 4 (2019), Pick 62 (2019), Pick 55 (2019)

Pick 19: Liam Stocker
Pick 17: Brodie Kemp
Pick 20: Sam Philp

Adelaide
In: Pick 6 (2019), Pick 11 (2020)
Out: Pick 11 (2019), Pick 19 (2018)

Pick 6: Fischer McAsey
Pick 11: Luke Pedlar

Carlton traded pick 4 for three late firsts between 17 and 20

We traded pick 19 for pick 6 and shifted pick 11 from 2019 to 2020

Essentially, Carlton ended up with Liam Stocker, Brodie Kemp and Sam Philp, while we ended up with Fischer McAsey and Luke Pedlar.

Technically, Carlton also had to give up picks 55 and 62 in the 2019 draft, but that's chicken feed. They weren't going to use those picks anyway.
Stocker looks like a bust at this stage. Kemp could be a seriously good player but has no exposed form since being drafted and i have no idea on Philp other than there was angst when he was selected last year with others on the board more highly fancied.

We have McAsey who will take time to develop and I think we all have some real high hopes for Pedlar

Stocker looks like a bust at this stage. Kemp could be a seriously good player but has no exposed form since being drafted and i have no idea on Philp other than there was angst when he was selected last year with others on the board more highly fancied.

We have McAsey who will take time to develop and I think we all have some real high hopes for Pedlar
Sam Philp = Ball burner

Can find it but very iffy disposal.

Sam Philp = Ball burner

Can find it but very iffy disposal.
A parting gift to Carlton from SOS?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That was a fun ride on here. We came close to literally breaking Carlton, by acquiring Rowell at the half way mark of the season.

If only Bolton had stayed on till the end of the season. I miss him.

I didn't follow footy that closely this year, what happened to him? I see he didn't play any games, was he injured? Or just not good enough?
Was injured second half last year. 'Fit' to play first half this, but didn't get a game. Left the hub for personal reasons half way through season.

That was a fun ride on here. We came close to literally breaking Carlton, by acquiring Rowell at the half way mark of the season.

Carlton reneged on the deal. Bolton staying was always part of it.

They put him on a bus ... err, I mean, under a bus.

carlton-1-10-to-2-10-gif.688336

What a great time 2020 was. I'll always look back fondly at this year and think, eat s**t 2020.

In the meantime, here's the 2021 version of this thread:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back