Opinion 2020 Draft #2: 1/9/22/23/40/80 (2021 + Melb 2nd, Haw 4th, Freo 4th)

Who will Adelaide select with pick 1?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

KEY DATES

Oct 30 – Nov 6: AFL Free Agency Period
November 4 – 12: AFL Trade Period
November 20: List Lodgment 1
November 27: List Lodgment 2
November 30: AFL Draft Nominations close
w/c December 7: NAB AFL Draft and Rookie Draft (exact date to be confirmed in due course)
Mid-December: Final List Lodgment & TPP estimates

As God is my witness, finding anything useful on the AFL.com.au site is practically impossible, may whoever designed it burn in hell.

Another day closer to the draft.

Very confident we are tracking towards a good result apart from I keep hearing Hollands to north seems more likely.

question of cal T asked tonite about who crows take and wat they do at pick 1

said just like last year move back 2 spots ( Sydney ) get first rounder next year.

Take wat u want from that.

For me thrill Thorpe at 3 with their first next year. They obviously take McDonald.
For crows that be good if at 4 Hawthorn pick Holland still there 9 and future first ( Sydney ) for Hollands.

maybe intel NM won’t choose tilthorpe or Holland’s.
Question at two do NM give up Holland tilthorpe

maybe if we have 3 do deal with NM 9 and future first for two, with bit sugar.

Get Holland tilthorpe, maybe we r determined get pick 2 and 3

Twomey was talking about pick 9. Said it's unlikely any of the top 5 move.

Twomey was talking about pick 9. Said it's unlikely any of the top 5 move.

Jack Carroll is the player we should be taking at 9.

We need that bit of class to go with the grunt we have already added, Carroll is that player.

As Sheehan says, Carroll has footy nous, speed, run and carry. Player comparison - Josh Kelly.

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app

Well I would only be looking at McDonald if we really think he can be a player of the level of Nick Riewoldt, otherwise Hollands is a complete no brainer. Our needs as a team are really Midfield first and foremost with key forward fairly distant and ruck, ruck/forward or key defense not even registering.

Tillthorpe’s ceiling has been put as Tom Lynch. God, surely no one would give up pick 1 for a guaranteed Tom Lynch, let alone a projected one. His career averages sit at about the same as Josh Jenkins. Now I loved JJ, but he just isn’t what our side needs at the moment.
I havent been pumping thilthorpes tyres up but are you seriously comparing him to that soft utensil josh jenkins? thilthorpe will crash packs and take contested marks. jj was scared of getting bumped. the guys a *ing mouse.

You sound like we're all Knicks fans when Kristaps Porzingis was selected. Disappointed is a strong word to use for a guy that's a very, very good player.
the person I replied to only wanted hollands at 1 so of course they'll be disappointed if we pick thilthorpe.

Now just waiting for the VFL t
What would it take to get 4 from Hawthorn?

9 & 22 and a 2021 second? More?
Pick one should do it and they'd need to throw in a lot more to make it attractive to us.

I'd be shocked if any team trades out of the top 5 ahead of the draft. On draft night, it's possible I suppose depending on who goes where. But unlikely I reckon.

Haha, sorry, that doesn't work for me. The AFC is a single entity. WE are the mighty Adelaide Crows - we are the Swans, the Hawks, the Gunners, the Pirates.... Anyway, play on...

We/they is also generally accepted, from the point of view it's a collection of people that make up the team/organisation/fanbase. But 'its' as it refers to a singular football club/organisation is definitely not wrong.

But yeah, let's move on.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

said just like last year move back 2 spots ( Sydney ) get first rounder next year.

For me thrill Thorpe at 3 with their first next year. They obviously take McDonald.
For crows that be good if at 4 Hawthorn pick Holland still there 9 and future first ( Sydney ) for Hollands.

Can I get the plain English version of that and how it's relevant to the post of mine you quoted.

Well Himmelberg was in our top 5 of the Best and Fairest for the second half of the year, when we played a lot better.
So you are advocating using pick 1 in the draft to upgrade a player who our coaches felt was in our 5 best for the second half of the year. Gee the rest of the team must be all A graders. No excuse to not win the flag next year.
Absolutely because they have said our list is crap and we going to the draft to replace the lot of them.

2021 3 top 30 picks so far
2020 4 top 30 picks plus Hately
2019 3 top 30.picks
2018 3 top 30 picks
2017 1 top 30 pick
2016 2 top 30 picks
Add McPherson Scholl Keays Stengle McAdam etc hopefully we have replaced the other 17 that finished behind him.

With the new rules this year the smart thing to do would probably be to shift Sloane to the Rookie List instead of guys like Mackay or Davis who we will likely cut next year. Opening up those Senior List spots next year instead of Rookie spots will give us way more versatility. Plus then we can pay part of Sloane's salary out of the cap for several years. Funny imagining how annoyed AFL Hous
Absolutely because they have said our list is crap and we going to the draft to replace the lot of them.

2021 3 top 30 picks so far
2020 4 top 30 picks plus Hately
2019 3 top 30.picks
2018 3 top 30 picks
2017 1 top 30 pick
2016 2 top 30 picks
Add McPherson Scholl Keays Stengle McAdam etc hopefully we have replaced the other 17 that finished behind him.
How are those Top 30 picks going, are they all still on our list?

Dude, some sage advice, you seriously need to read what you type.

It's quite infuriating, and I have no idea what you're saying.

Dude, some sage advice, you seriously need to read what you type.

It's quite infuriating, and I have no idea what you're saying.
When you want to protect your identity (as perhaps a previous poster with a recognisable writing style), this is what you do ;)

Either that or he's high.

Could have made it 4 with Bruhn!
Pretty sure Bruhn's original issue and op wasn't a full blown ACL and his recovery setback from that was one of the dissolving pins was giving him grief and a 2nd op was required to remove it I believe. His issue after that was a partial meniscus tear.

Pretty sure Bruhn's original issue and op wasn't a full blown ACL and his recovery setback from that was one of the dissolving pins was giving him grief and a 2nd op was required to remove it I believe. His issue after that was a partial meniscus tear.

Yea I thought it was a partial tear of the ACL and knew about the other issues, unfortunately bad timing for the lad. Class act.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back