Opinion 2020 Draft #2: 1/9/22/23/40/80 (2021 + Melb 2nd, Haw 4th, Freo 4th)

Who will Adelaide select with pick 1?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

KEY DATES

Oct 30 – Nov 6: AFL Free Agency Period
November 4 – 12: AFL Trade Period
November 20: List Lodgment 1
November 27: List Lodgment 2
November 30: AFL Draft Nominations close
w/c December 7: NAB AFL Draft and Rookie Draft (exact date to be confirmed in due course)
Mid-December: Final List Lodgment & TPP estimates

As God is my witness, finding anything useful on the AFL.com.au site is practically impossible, may whoever designed it burn in hell.

I reckon James Borlase will be a very good and reliable player for us. His height will have little consequence.
Would be similar to Tom Jonas who plays tall.

Would be similar to Tom Jonas who plays tall.
That's probably the absolute best we can hope for (which would still be very good).

Personally, I hope we pick someone at 38 or so, and we take Borlase and Newchurch if they get to being rookies.

Just take the risk.

We're not really getting any other advantages from their being NGAs - the 20% discount is barely relevant when it's so late. They're both project players and ideal rookies but I don't think we should miss out on someone who's rated higher than them just because we want to hold on to Borlase's rights.

Or more likely deciding between Hollands and McDonald for 1, and knowing Thilthorpe will slip to 9 nicksy spent plenty of time with him.

Glad you have some funny in you.

Thilthorpe won't slide past 6, take it to the bank

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'll genuinely shocked if he doesn't and Hamish would only take a nano second to call his name were it to eventuate.

Is it comparable to the fogarty situation? Expected to go top 3 most of the year and the 2-3 weeks before draft he just plummeted down draft rankings and I wonder how far he would've fallen if the crows weren't around at that stage?

Is it comparable to the fogarty situation? Expected to go top 3 most of the year and the 2-3 weeks before draft he just plummeted down draft rankings and I wonder how far he would've fallen if the crows weren't around at that stage?
Fogarty was way off it in his draft year playing U18's mainly, mostly due to his knee issue but Thilthorpe even carrying groin issues has been more than serviceable playing SANFL League.

Fogarty was way off it in his draft year playing U18's mainly, mostly due to his knee issue but Thilthorpe even carrying groin issues has been more than serviceable playing SANFL League.
I remember he had a great game in the midf for the seniors at glenelg pretty sure it was his draft year or maybe the year before.

The point is that even cal had him top 3 most of the year and even 3 days before the draft predicted he will go 4-6.

I see a similar situation with Tilly.

I would be genuinely shocked if he goes before our pick 9.
2 things.

You'll be genuinely shocked in a couple of weeks.

And

If we think Thilthorpe lasts til 9, then we aren't picking McDonald at 1.

You're a bit like Sam McClure, you throw so many darts that every now and then you hit the board

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back