Opinion 2020 Draft #2: 1/9/22/23/40/80 (2021 + Melb 2nd, Haw 4th, Freo 4th)

Who will Adelaide select with pick 1?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

KEY DATES

Oct 30 – Nov 6: AFL Free Agency Period
November 4 – 12: AFL Trade Period
November 20: List Lodgment 1
November 27: List Lodgment 2
November 30: AFL Draft Nominations close
w/c December 7: NAB AFL Draft and Rookie Draft (exact date to be confirmed in due course)
Mid-December: Final List Lodgment & TPP estimates

As God is my witness, finding anything useful on the AFL.com.au site is practically impossible, may whoever designed it burn in hell.

Haha ah what? Averages 30 disposal for his career, AA and best and fairest in a team that makes the GF, 37 touches in the GF, usually high up in the best and fairest. Yeah, how terrible to have a career like that before turning 25, might as well just not nominate for the draft if that’s all Powell will turn out to be!
Rockliff has achieved more.

You can see NOD being that hard working contested ball character pick that Ogilvie loves

I tend to think we need something else at moment
Pretty impressive athletic profile : 2.93 20m. 8.12 agility, 6.23 2km....Sounds like he has the tools to be much more than a workhorse to me if he's developed right. Still a bit light bodywise too. Tough, aggressive and impossible to deny his 100% effort when not in possession of the ball which is a great assett for a midfielder. If as I suspect we're taking McDonald which I'm not exactly over the moon about as some on here then O'Driscoll should be a no brainer probably not with pick 9 but at 22 or 23 I can't see us not taking him under those circumstances.

I'm feeling like Hollands is well and truly in the mix after that.

Mentioned character a few times and we know Hamish is big on character and personality.

Also mentioned ties to SA and mates in SA (Fish) rather than just being in SA and then mentioned Vic kids on our list that have played against draftees.

A few other hints like why didn't you do an in depth analysis on the other two (JUH and Hollands).

Sure I'm probably reading too much into it but I'm ok with that 😆

Mentioned character a few times and we know Hamish is big on character and personality.

Also mentioned ties to SA and mates in SA (Fish) rather than just being in SA and then mentioned Vic kids on our list that have played against draftees.

A few other hints like why didn't you do an in depth analysis on the other two (JUH and Hollands).

My Norwood based source is still convinced we are taking Hollands.
He is usually spot on and says he is by far the most talented in this draft.

By far...ease up.

He's my favoured player but that's plain ridiculous.

I actually took the same thing out of it. Not unhappy either.

Dream scenario

Pick 1. Ugle-Hagan. Matched bid wipes dogs out of draft.
Pick 2. McDonald (Crows)
Pick 3. Thilthorpe (North)
Pick 4. Grainger-Barass (Swans)
Pick 5. Perkins (Hawks)
Pick 6. GC trade to Adelaide for Pick 9 and 2021 second rounder. Hollands.

Then we still have a first and second rounder next year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Dream scenario

Pick 2. McDonald (Crows)
Pick 5. Perkins (Hawks)

If we could actually manage that, then we'll have done quite well for ourselves

Not sure it'll fall that way though.

Dream scenario

Pick 2. McDonald (Crows)
Pick 5. Perkins (Hawks)

Hollands won't slide that far, IMO.

We're better off going Hollands first and hoping we can pick up Thilthorpe if he slides.

My guess is that Hawks go for Philips. Let McDonald get to Kangas

Can’t see us using 40 , reckon we likely trade it

and will take Borlaise and Newchurch as rookies if they get through
How many senior list spots do we currently have? I'm assuming we'll try and get to 36, with 6 rookies and 2 Cat B (Borlase/Newchurch), if that's allowed

The amount of spots we have will absolutely determine whether we trade one or more of our picks

Hollands won't slide that far, IMO.

We're better off going Hollands first and hoping we can pick up Thilthorpe if he slides.

My guess is that Hawks go for Philips. Let McDonald get to Kangas
There's absolutely a possibility Hollands gets that far IMO. There's JUH and the 2 WA lads who look destined to go top 5. All the clubs in the 5 need talls, so he could be pushed back.

Phillips is the best pure mid in the draft, if that's what a club wants then he'll probably go before him too.

Personally I don't think he gets past Hawthorn, but it's not beyond the realms he does.

He plays well in big games In my opinion he is a one in generation player and we have no one like him. Since danger we have had No-one who can burst out of the centre and kick goals outside 50 He wants to be the man when the game is to be won. It’s a no brainer for me. He is a terrific leader in the making. Just listen to his interview on SEN with tim and gary

Last edited:
He predicted Jackson and Stephens would go top 5 way back in August last year when no one ranked them top 10.
Also said Schoenberg would be a gun.
So, no inside info ...just his assessment of draftees

That's fine too, he'd have a valuable opinion

He plays well in big games In my opinion he is a one in generation player and we have no one like him Since danger we have had No one who can burst out of the centre and kick goals outside 50 He wants to be the man when the game is to be won. It’s a no brainer for me. He is a terrific leader in the making. Just listen to his interview on SEN with tim and gary
I get ya.
He has Dustin Martin or sidebottom qualities where he realises the game is in the balance and just grabs it by the throat.
Very rare.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back