Opinion 2020 Draft #2: 1/9/22/23/40/80 (2021 + Melb 2nd, Haw 4th, Freo 4th)

Who will Adelaide select with pick 1?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

KEY DATES

Oct 30 – Nov 6: AFL Free Agency Period
November 4 – 12: AFL Trade Period
November 20: List Lodgment 1
November 27: List Lodgment 2
November 30: AFL Draft Nominations close
w/c December 7: NAB AFL Draft and Rookie Draft (exact date to be confirmed in due course)
Mid-December: Final List Lodgment & TPP estimates

As God is my witness, finding anything useful on the AFL.com.au site is practically impossible, may whoever designed it burn in hell.

We are the dumbest club in the land , I swear I think Hamish has no idea. Does he watch the modern game?? We have McAsey , Himmleberg who lack agility and run and ability to apply fwd pressure. So what does he do draft Tilthorpe who may replace Walker but again we are a team of immobile dinosaurs
I agree. Our list managers appear clueless.

Sent from my SM-A515F using Tapatalk

Hamish and Reid need to be f*n sacked. Why the f would we take TT when we already have Himmelberg and why the f did we take Pedlar who was ranked 50!?!? When there are countless other gun mids available. We are truly f’ed
OMG you have NFI

On SM-G973F using BigFooty.com mobile app

We are the dumbest club in the land , I swear I think Hamish has no idea. Does he watch the modern game?? We have McAsey , Himmleberg who lack agility and run and ability to apply fwd pressure. So what does he do draft Tilthorpe who may replace Walker but again we are a team of immobile dinosaurs
You have no idea RT is quicker and more agile than most players. He has a massive tank and has some freakish skills.
He could turn into the most damaging forward in the AFL.
Massive upside.

You have no idea RT is quicker and more agile than most players. He has a massive tank and has some freakish skills.
He could turn into the most damaging forward in the AFL.
Massive upside.
Go watch his games with Westies this year and come back to me . Not a pick 2 . Pick 9 at best is where I would have taken him and not to play as a forward but a ruck .

Last edited:
Go watch his games with Westview this year and come back to me . Not a pick 2 . Pick 9 at best is where I would have taken him and not to play as a forward but a ruck .
Playing in the worst team while injured.
He couldn't even attend the combine.
Have you ever heard the saying "big men take more time"?
He was playing in the seniors, and picking some teams apart, as a 17yo last year.

The upside is massive.

Playing in the worst team while injured.
He couldn't even attend the combine.
Have you ever heard the saying "big men take more time"?
He was playing in the seniors, and picking some teams apart, as a 17yo last year.

The upside is massive.
I'm expecting RT to be the equal of the King bros or Harry MacKay. Rate him.

The pick of the draft for mine is Thilthorpe, Cook and Berry. Not sure on the Pedlar and Rowe picks. Not really sold on Rowe tbh. Pedlar looks like he has some potential but I have some concerns with his composure. Hopefully he develops that quickly as he has good pace and attacks the ball well. Cook looks like a Jack Gunston type. Reckon he will be a gun. I also would have taken McDonald and I feel we made an error there but I am happy to back Thilthorpe in and hope he succeeds and becomes a very good player for us. Although McDonald has a lot of upside he would have been a trade target from the West each contract and i can see the reasoning for not wanting to go through that potential circus. Sometimes you need to back in your culture but obviously the club didn't see a big enough gap between them to make that call.

I can see why we went Berry and Pedlar as they give us that toughness which we lack but I just would have liked that mid that creates as well with some genuine class. Unfortunately at pick 9 no one really stood out with those attributes. Perhaps that's Horne next draft. My dream scenario was Phillips and Cox but Essendon stuffed that up and were always taking Cox which meant we had to choose between Logan and Riley.

My grade: B minus. Could have been better with pick 11 and pick 38 but the club did ok in a tough year and tough draft.

Last edited:
Go watch his games with Westies this year and come back to me . Not a pick 2 . Pick 9 at best is where I would have taken him and not to play as a forward but a ruck .
AFL.com has done a interview with other clubs and 4-5 clubs have said they would have taken RT as pick 1

On SM-G973F using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think this guy is FAITH source

Well you're a bit silly then.

Hamish and Reid need to be f*n sacked. Why the f would we take TT when we already have Himmelberg and why the f did we take Pedlar who was ranked 50!?!? When there are countless other gun mids available. We are truly f’ed
Nice melt, should be proud of that one.

Lol, what a dumb comment

what was the reasoning behind Pedlar at 9? From what i’ve heard Freo and the Giants were all strong chances to take him in the teens.
On Thilthorpe he has the far higher ceiling of over McDonald yet his ground is considerably lower. TT is one of the most unique talents i’ve seen at 200cm and 100kg he will crash packs, take huge contested grabs and dance around players at ground level. The kid has X factor and i hope he turns out to be a legend of the club.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back