Opinion 2020 Draft #2: 1/9/22/23/40/80 (2021 + Melb 2nd, Haw 4th, Freo 4th)

Who will Adelaide select with pick 1?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

KEY DATES

Oct 30 – Nov 6: AFL Free Agency Period
November 4 – 12: AFL Trade Period
November 20: List Lodgment 1
November 27: List Lodgment 2
November 30: AFL Draft Nominations close
w/c December 7: NAB AFL Draft and Rookie Draft (exact date to be confirmed in due course)
Mid-December: Final List Lodgment & TPP estimates

As God is my witness, finding anything useful on the AFL.com.au site is practically impossible, may whoever designed it burn in hell.

Murray2503

Cancelled
10k Posts
May 10, 2016
AFL Club
Adelaide
I swear before covid, Phillips was touted as the number 1 pick
Probably still is the number 1 pick tbh. I want us to take McDonsld at 1 as we need a KPF urgently but if we could somehow manage to nab Phillips at pick 5 (if we do a swap with gc) I would be ecstatic.

Last edited:

IF it is OP, and I say IF because I'm not sure what actual confirmation we've had on it other than the Swans list manager mentioning it, and the rumour floating around on Big Footy.

It's interesting that Thilthorpe may slide to Essendon, who've been dealing with a KPP with OP for years. Wonder whether they would avoid Thilthorpe like the plague or whether they'd back themselves in to rehab him.
Interesting question. I have either North, Hawthorn or Essendon most likely taking Thilthorpe.

My guess is that he'll still be there at the GC pick.

I do wonder whether the homesickness considerations will factor into things a bit more this year with Covid. I'm sure they wouldn't carry much weight anyway, but I just wonder if clubs will be a bit more conservative if anything pops up in Psych evaluations.

Good that Hollands confirmed yesterday he's been boarding at Caulfield Grammar for 2 years, so would have no issues with homesickness, and probably has family here anyway through his mum.
And don't forget that he played with Fischer McAsey at Caulfield Grammar - McAsey was his captain.

just as an aside, I can't access the tweet or any other tweets on the forum..is there a setting I need to trigger -it just started happening in the last couple of days
Download Twitter through the app store and log into it. Will automatically link from here.

If the crows are legitimately only taking 4 picks and we believe that Newchurch and Borlase are two of them, I just can't see a way where we aren't trading picks 9, 22 + 23 for one really high pick in 2020 draft (I have used pick 5 below) and another 1st for 2021.

I personally was really hoping to add 6-7 new faces in 2020 draft, but I understand the list squeezes (plus opportunity to land Hately) have stopped that.

Still, if we end up with;
Pick 1: Logan McDonald / Riley Thilthorpe (FWD)
Pick 5: Elijah Hollands / Tanner Brahn / Will Phillips (MID)
Pick 40: Tariek Newchurch (FWD/Wing)
Pick 55: James Borlase (DEF)
PSD: Jackson Hately (MID)

PLUS Set up for (a stronger) 2021 draft with: 2x 1st Round picks, 2x 2nd round picks, 1x 3rd round pick, 2x 4th round picks.

That's a pretty strong mixture of additions really, PLUS puts us in a strong position for 2021. Remember, no one rebuilds from ONE draft.

Probably still is the number 1 pick tbh. I want us to take McDonsld at 1 as we need a KPF urgently but if we could somehow manage to nab Phillips at pick 5 (if we do a swap with gc) I would be ecstatic.
Hes definetly the safe pick at 1 IMO

If the crows are legitimately only taking 4 picks and we believe that Newchurch and Borlase are two of them, I just can't see a way where we aren't trading picks 9, 22 + 23 for one really high pick in 2020 draft (I have used pick 5 below) and another 1st for 2021.

I personally was really hoping to add 6-7 new faces in 2020 draft, but I understand the list squeezes (plus opportunity to land Hately) have stopped that.

PLUS Set up for (a stronger) 2021 draft with: 2x 1st Round picks, 2x 2nd round picks, 1x 3rd round pick, 2x 4th round picks.

That's a pretty strong mixture of additions really, PLUS puts us in a strong position for 2021. Remember, no one rebuilds from ONE draft.
I think itll be 4 + the NGA guys

If we're only taking 4 players, then it's highly unlikely that 2 of them will be Newchurch & Borlase. It appears that Newchurch will only be on our list if he makes it through to the RD.

Also, we're not getting ****ing pick #5. It's not happening. Get over it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No, it'll be 4 players PLUS Borlaise 40+ and Newchurch as a Rookie ......couldn't possibly go Newchurch in the main draft on his output, where some have said he didn't even try in some games

If we're only taking 4 players, then it's highly unlikely that 2 of them will be Newchurch & Borlase. It appears that Newchurch will only be on our list if he makes it through to the RD.

Also, we're not getting ****ing pick #5. It's not happening. Get over it.
did someone crap in your weetbix this morning?

It's not ridiculous to think we will trade up. We have picks 22,23 and plenty of other picks for 2020, 2021 so upgrading pick 9 is totally a possibility.

I hope you are right re. Newchurch and even Borlase in the RD - I'd love to take 4+ those two somehow.

I've got https://www.bigfooty.com/forum/account/upgrades, and not having Twitter issues
On one of my devices I was having the same issue using Firefox with https://www.bigfooty.com/forum/account/upgrades so I went over to google chrome on the same device and no problem.

I've heard this before...if he was good to go last 2 rounds of the SANFL why wasn't he able to test a week later at the SANFL Combine...hardly as stressful as playing in a SANFL League game.

Leading SA AFL Draft prospects Riley Thilthorpe (groins), Lachlan Jones (ankle), Tom Powell (calf), Kaine Baldwin (knee) and Corey Durdin (hamstring).

Why test? What benefit does he get from testing?
Clearly going to be picked somewhere in the first round - he already has done enough on field for people to pick him. Perhaps it throws doubt for some clubs although I don’t think it would make much of a difference.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

On one of my devices I was having the same issue using Firefox with https://www.bigfooty.com/forum/account/upgrades so I went over to google chrome on the same device and no problem.
Yes I moved away from Firefox, so that could be the issue

It's not ridiculous to think we will trade up. We have picks 22,23 and plenty of other picks for 2020, 2021 so upgrading pick 9 is totally a possibility.

I hope you are right re. Newchurch and even Borlase in the RD - I'd love to take 4+ those two somehow.
But it is ridiculous to suggest someone who is only taking 1 pick in a draft will lower said pick

Clearly going to be picked somewhere in the first round - he already has done enough on field for people to pick him. Perhaps it throws doubt for some clubs although I don’t think it would make much of a difference.

Everything I've ever heard about Riley is that he's a workaholic and a very competitive beast so IMO if he was 100% fit to test he would have.

With OP Thilthorpes fitness levels would have dropped away, due to training loads .....so testing would have only been a negative

The reason we're not getting pick 5 is because GC won't give it to us - as has been explained several times already in this thread. GC are only making 1 selection in this draft. They have zero interest in downgrading from 5 to 9, and acquiring picks that they will never use. They want to move up in the draft not down.

Yes, Adelaide will probably be looking to improve its draft position by trading picks 9/22/23 - but there's 0% chance of us landing pick 5 as a result.

Sorry for biting your head off, I'm just getting sick of the endless stream of stupid ****ers who insist on posting phantom drafts with us using pick #5, which is never going to happen. Your post just happened to be the straw which broke the camel's back.

It's looking like 4-5 picks, including matching a bid on Borlase. They'll take Newchurch as a Cat B rookie, but they won't match any bids on him in the ND.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back