Opinion 2020 Draft #2: 1/9/22/23/40/80 (2021 + Melb 2nd, Haw 4th, Freo 4th)

Who will Adelaide select with pick 1?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

KEY DATES

Oct 30 – Nov 6: AFL Free Agency Period
November 4 – 12: AFL Trade Period
November 20: List Lodgment 1
November 27: List Lodgment 2
November 30: AFL Draft Nominations close
w/c December 7: NAB AFL Draft and Rookie Draft (exact date to be confirmed in due course)
Mid-December: Final List Lodgment & TPP estimates

As God is my witness, finding anything useful on the AFL.com.au site is practically impossible, may whoever designed it burn in hell.

The reason we're not getting pick 5 is because GC won't give it to us - as has been explained several times already in this thread.

GC are only making 1 selection in this draft. They have zero interest in downgrading from 5 to 9, and acquiring picks that they will never use. They want to move up in the draft not down.

Yes, Adelaide will probably be looking to improve its draft position by trading picks 9/22/23 - but there's 0% chance of us landing pick 5 as a result.

It's looking like 4-5 picks, including matching a bid on Borlase. They'll take Newchurch as a Cat B rookie, but they won't match any bids on him in the ND.
I wouldnt be so sure on that last part

Everything I've ever heard about Riley is that he's a workaholic and a very competitive beast so IMO if he was 100% fit to test he would have.
I'll be happy with whoever we take .....in Hamish I trust .....but in my gut, I believe it's Hollands v Thilthorpe

But it is ridiculous to suggest someone who is only taking 1 pick in a draft will lower said pick
Especially given the GCS have list number management problems why would they? Our 1st rounder next year would be the only bargaining tool we'd have that would interest them. Or 2020 pick 1 LOL

Especially given the GCS have list number management problems why would they? Our 1st rounder next year would be the only bargaining tool we'd have that would interest them.
I do not understand why Gold Coast still have a list of 49 PLUS access to Zones ......how much of a legup do they & the AFL want

Northern Zones are a rort

That’s it so many unanswered questions this season, everything feels a little robbed and this draft is more of a lottery due to the limited football 75% of the kids have played. We so need to see at least one vic country vs vic metro match to see how the players have adapted to COVID lockdown
1 match isn't really going to show anything. And you can't expect the kids to be at their best anyway without any training or match fitness behind them. Training by themselves is completely different to training as a team and doing match simulation etc. It would be like rocking up to pre season night 1 and putting on a scratch match.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Rising star nominee in his first year.
Gonna be a star.

Compare him to McHenry and he is miles better
Yeah no he isnt, and Neddy had a poor year.

Strange hill for you to die on..... but then its not that strange for you to say stupid things

Perhaps a 2021 Pick swap? *ducks head*
Hmm...IF the club is set on Thilthorpe and thinks that the gap between picks 1 and 5 is not there, woudl it be out of the realms of possibility that we might be open to sliding pick 1 to pick 5 if we could get GC 2021 1st as well. The club might feel very confident that Thilthorpe will be there at pick 5 with his groin issues maybe being a bit of a stumbling block for sides. There was rumor that we were open to considering a godfather offer for the pick and maybe GC look at McDonald and think he is worth trading up for? who knows

It won't stay like this, of course there will be pick swaps/trades prior to and on draft night, but hypothetically; based on today's current top 30 picks; here is a quick punched out phantom draft for people to argue at me about :)

1 ADELAIDE - Riley Thilthorpe
2 BULLDOGS - Jamara Ugle Hagen
3 NORTH - Logan McDonald
4 SYDNEY - Elijah Hollands
5 HAWKS - Denver Grainger Barrass
6 GOLD COAST - Will Phillips
7 ESSENDON - Tanner Bruhn
8 ESSENDON - Zach Reid
9 SYDNEY - Braeden Campbell
10 PORT ADEL - Lachie Jones

11 ESSENDON - Oliver Henry
12 ADELAIDE - Archie Perkins
13 GWS - Nick Cox
14 NORTH - Finley Macrae
15 FREMANTLE - Heath Chapman
16 GWS - Brayden Cook
17 MAGPIES - Tom Powell
18 GWS - Zane Trew
19 MAGPIES - Nathan O'Driscoll
20 RICHMOND - Kaine Baldwin
21 MELBOURNE - Jack Carroll
22 MAGPIES - Reef Mcinnes
23 MELBOURNE - Bailey Laurie
24 SYDNEY - Errol Gulden
25 GWS - Henry Walsh
26 HAWKS - Connor Downie
27 SAINTS - Zavier Maher
28 ADELAIDE - Caleb Poulter
29 ADELAIDE - Corey Durdin
30 LIONS - Zac Dumesny

Im not against getting RT. His highlight reel is impressive. I did think about what the team would look like r1 If we took RT at pick 1... would they slip RT straight in?. Or would we cotton wool him? Think the club is still keen to play Walker aswell. What would we do with berg also? Gets you thinking!

I would like to know the same thing, this is the biggest knock on TT as I can see - what position does he play?

Walker has to go IMO, for both TT or McDonald, either him or Tom Lynch but I would think Lynch is a lock.

But his two best positions are currently Himmelberg and ROB.

For team structure alone, Hollands is the best fit in 2021 - not so much 2022 in we get McDonald.

All three recruits would demand AFL games straight away (if fit) - and therein lies the dilemna.

It won't stay like this, of course there will be pick swaps/trades prior to and on draft night, but hypothetically; based on today's current top 30 picks; here is a quick punched out phantom draft for people to argue at me about :)

1 ADELAIDE - Riley Thilthorpe
2 BULLDOGS - Jamara Ugle Hagen
3 NORTH - Logan McDonald
4 SYDNEY - Elijah Hollands
5 HAWKS - Denver Grainger Barrass
6 GOLD COAST - Will Phillips
7 ESSENDON - Tanner Bruhn
8 ESSENDON - Zach Reid
9 SYDNEY - Braeden Campbell
10 PORT ADEL - Lachie Jones

11 ESSENDON - Oliver Henry
12 ADELAIDE - Archie Perkins
13 GWS - Nick Cox
14 NORTH - Finley Macrae
15 FREMANTLE - Heath Chapman
16 GWS - Brayden Cook
17 MAGPIES - Tom Powell
18 GWS - Zane Trew
19 MAGPIES - Nathan O'Driscoll
20 RICHMOND - Kaine Baldwin
21 MELBOURNE - Jack Carroll
22 MAGPIES - Reef Mcinnes
23 MELBOURNE - Bailey Laurie
24 SYDNEY - Errol Gulden
25 GWS - Henry Walsh
26 HAWKS - Connor Downie
27 SAINTS - Zavier Maher
28 ADELAIDE - Caleb Poulter
29 ADELAIDE - Corey Durdin
30 LIONS - Zac Dumesny
OK coming at you! :)

Perkins is odds on to go to the Dons with one of their picks.

Cannot see us taking Cory Durdin IMO, more likely a mid or a reach for a tall.

Henry Walsh that high? He's really not that good.

You don't think Reef McInnes draws a bid higher than that?

I do not understand why Gold Coast still have a list of 49 PLUS access to Zones ......how much of a legup do they & the AFL want

Northern Zones are a rort
Fingers crossed they pass on Brodie Lake so we get a crack at him.

1 match isn't really going to show anything. And you can't expect the kids to be at their best anyway without any training or match fitness behind them. Training by themselves is completely different to training as a team and doing match simulation etc. It would be like rocking up to pre season night 1 and putting on a scratch match.

True but gives us something. Combine results really mean stuff all

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back