Opinion 2020 Draft #2: 1/9/22/23/40/80 (2021 + Melb 2nd, Haw 4th, Freo 4th)

Who will Adelaide select with pick 1?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

KEY DATES

Oct 30 – Nov 6: AFL Free Agency Period
November 4 – 12: AFL Trade Period
November 20: List Lodgment 1
November 27: List Lodgment 2
November 30: AFL Draft Nominations close
w/c December 7: NAB AFL Draft and Rookie Draft (exact date to be confirmed in due course)
Mid-December: Final List Lodgment & TPP estimates

As God is my witness, finding anything useful on the AFL.com.au site is practically impossible, may whoever designed it burn in hell.

could Cox be there at nine if we don’t take a tall early. He could be anything too.

For me easy get Reid and move macasy up forward. We all know he looks at home up forward, or even worell
I reckon it comes down to who sydney pick. do they go dgb or one of the kpf's. if its dgb theres a good chance we could land cox. you know essendon will take either thilthorpe or cox.

I'd go Cox at 9, but probably not Reid.

I think we are good with KPDs (Talia, Butts, McAsey, Worrell, Doedee). I'd prefer a quick mid like Carroll, Maher or Bruhn if he's still there.

would Cox be there at 9 if we take EH at 1
Only put Reid for pick 9 so he take McAsey spot so McAsey could go forward

i think missing out on LM and RT. I would be happy with Cox and EH

and EH soo wants be a crow. As does RT and LM. Very bizarre but like it

would Cox be there at 9 if we take EH at 1
Only put Reid for pick 9 so he take McAsey spot so McAsey could go forward

i think missing out on LM and RT. I would be happy with Cox and EH

and EH soo wants be a crow. As does RT and LM. Very bizarre but like it

Explosive quic
do you think hawthorn would take a kpf? perkins is a good chance.

most thinking they would have taken EH but said put lot effort into perkins

Then there is Gold Coast surely take a tall if available.

if at pick 6 Cox and tilthorpe still on board we have try and do deal on night. 6 for 9. Only move back 1 spot. Maybe still slight possibility could get Cox or tilthorpe

Personally, I would pick Thilthorpe after I bid on JUH.

Big guy with excellent tank and athletic ability. Very good at ground level for a player of that size. Great contested mark. Can kick well on either foot. Can play as a key forward and as a ruckman. Local lad.

I like Hollands a lot but the ACL scares me especially with midfielders where your are expected to do a lot of twisting and turning, standing up in tackles etc.

This is a talls draft early and I think we will get an excellent midfield prospect at 9. With a lot of draftees not playing any footy this season, there will be some absolute steals later in the draft so it would not surprise me if the best player from the draft Is not even drafted in top 10. It's why I think we could get some real gems at 22 and 23.

It's important to pick a player at 1 that may not be the best player now but will prove to be in a few years time. I just think Thilthorpe ticks a lot of boxes and we don't often get a chance to draft one of those types that just happens to be a local lad.

Just because Himmelberg showed signs later on this season, it doesn't mean that you don't draft Thilthorpe. That sort of logic led Portland Trailblazers to pick Sam Bowie over Michael Jordan.

the cat is how I picture anyone who doesnt want hollands at 1. :p

I just want to know now! Sick of this anticipation. But at least we know it’s RT EH or LM. Can’t really loose but I wonder if Hamish sees we all want Hollands. Maybe we can sway him on social media. Wonder if he reads bf posts. Hope so keep supporters happy

Explosive quic

most thinking they would have taken EH but said put lot effort into perkins

Then there is Gold Coast surely take a tall if available.

if at pick 6 Cox and tilthorpe still on board we have try and do deal on night. 6 for 9. Only move back 1 spot. Maybe still slight possibility could get Cox or tilthorpe
the true footy podcast said gold coast might pick phiilips to keep the amigos all together. phillips, rowell and anderson.

Unless RT or LM will be the next Wayne Carey, it's Hollands for me.
Even Wayne Carey would not be the player he was in the modern defensive clusterfcuk game.

You need those mercurial mid-forwards that can do the job in multiple areas of the field with their speed, evasion and skills.

That's the thing with Hollands. You're not just getting Hollands, he will make all our forwards better with his piercing entries. Whereas a tall lead up forward will depend on the team making him better. Which, given our forward entries, will not happen.

We have a history of bidding on players... so I'm confident that will continue... based on our talent order.

Yes we should bid on JUH. Apparently he is the bestplayer in the draft, and we are due to AFL rules prevented from drafting him. That rule wont apply after this year. Are we the first team in draft history with pick 1 prevented from picking the 'best player" in the draft?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

And we certainly don't need another ruckman at pick 1.

We already have an eminently functional aerobic beast of a ruckman and best and fairest winner and he certainly didn't cost pick 1

Even Wayne Carey would not be the player he was in the modern defensive clusterfcuk game.

You need those mercurial mid-forwards that can do the job in multiple areas of the field with their speed, evasion and skills.

That's the thing with Hollands. You're not just getting Hollands, he will make all our forwards better with his piercing entries. Whereas a tall lead up forward will depend on the team making him better. Which, given our forward entries, will not happen.
You don't think a season of Sholl, Schoenberg, Hamill and hopefully improvements from Milera and Jones won't provide decent forward entries ??

You're going to be one very sad little matty on draft night.

And we certainly don't need another ruckman at pick 1.

We already have an eminently functional aerobic beast of a ruckman and best and fairest winner and he certainly didn't cost pick 1
And he's not going to be a ruckman, unless of course you didn't listen to his interview.

Nah I'm not at all, KPF before a midfielder.

Next draft is loaded with midfielders and we'll be at the pointy end of it again.
you dont use pick 1 on needs. you use it for best talent.

thitlhorpe a better talent than hollands? huge call.

I don't expect any of the 3 to an an instant impact either.

And he's not going to be a ruckman, unless of course you didn't listen to his interview.
Not sure which interview you mean, but if you're talking about the ones where he says he wants to be a wingman? Hahaha. Comedy gold.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back