Opinion 2020 Draft #2: 1/9/22/23/40/80 (2021 + Melb 2nd, Haw 4th, Freo 4th)

Who will Adelaide select with pick 1?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 24, 2007
DTC Frat House
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Team Lambda Variant

KEY DATES

Oct 30 – Nov 6: AFL Free Agency Period
November 4 – 12: AFL Trade Period
November 20: List Lodgment 1
November 27: List Lodgment 2
November 30: AFL Draft Nominations close
w/c December 7: NAB AFL Draft and Rookie Draft (exact date to be confirmed in due course)
Mid-December: Final List Lodgment & TPP estimates

As God is my witness, finding anything useful on the AFL.com.au site is practically impossible, may whoever designed it burn in hell.

hey shorty

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts TheBrownDog
Jun 15, 2005
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
AUFC, Everton, Sturt
how confident are you lmao. we havent won a flag in 20 years and counting.

we only managed to get near pick 30 for our best midfielder.
I'm looking at their list, it's woeful.

So woeful in fact, that we spanked them.

Aug 9, 2019
Victorian Central Highlands
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Panthers, GWV Rebels, Central Augusta
You won’t see many better games from an 18yo against men than that Logan Mac game against East Perth.
Reckon Rankine and Lukosius would have given him a run for his money as 17 year olds in the SANFL?

hey shorty

Cancelled
Jun 15, 2005
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
AUFC, Everton, Sturt
So Pies have offered Pick 16 and their 2021 1st to Essendon for Pick 8

That's been declined, as far as Twomey is aware.

You can bet that offer will have come across our table as well
For pick 9 ??

Yeah I'd just about do that. I reckon they'll fall out of the 8 next season.

hey shorty

Cancelled
Jun 15, 2005
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
AUFC, Everton, Sturt
Tex kicked 7 in a final for Norwood against Port as an 18 year old
Brad Crouch dominated a final so much he got tagged the week after.

Jack Lukosius led a lone hand on debut in a prelim against the eventual premiers.

Aug 9, 2019
Victorian Central Highlands
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Panthers, GWV Rebels, Central Augusta
Mutineer where you rate Perkins?
I've got him at 13, my source says he will possibly go at 2.
Am I missing something with him?

He'd be well inside my top 10 on projection alone.

The 3 lads from Victoria I thought were set to light up the NAB League and the Nationals this year were Archie Perkins, Eddie Ford and Zavier Maher on what they showed me as under-agers. Athletically Perkins is the full package, speed, agility, tank, prodigious leap etc. His decision making is what sets him aside from most mids - mid/forwards, moves the ball on in in a blink of the eye and then there's his booming kick and just general footy smarts. I think he's a pretty special player.

Those 3 aside from Elijah of course.

Sep 28, 2014
AFL Club
Adelaide

The 3 lads from Victoria I thought were set to light up the NAB League and the Nationals this year were Archie Perkins, Eddie Ford and Zavier Maher on what they showed me as under-agers. Athletically Perkins is the full package, speed, agility, tank, prodigious leap etc. His decision making is what sets him aside from most mids - mid/forwards, moves the ball on in in a blink of the eye and then there's his booming kick and just general footy smarts. I think he's a pretty special player.

He’s actually just the type we need . Pity 1 is too early and 9 too late

Dec 14, 2002
who cares
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Sacramento Kings
It probably depends who is there at 9. If its someone we absolutely rate as a steal at that pick, we are unlikely to make a trade. If we think there is about a list of 6-7 players who are similar and we don't have a real standalone candidate there, then I am sure we will look to trade back and get a pick next year for our trouble.

Sep 29, 2007
The Kop
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Socceroos-LFC-Crows-Adel.United
your source has us taking hollands dont they?
Norwood source said weeks ago we will take hollands, but I disagreed with saying we can't overlook McDonald.
He's got way more knowledge than all of us when it comes to kids footy though.

At 2 though?
I just can't believe it, I'll have to watch him closer than I have

hey shorty

Cancelled
Jun 15, 2005
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
AUFC, Everton, Sturt
Never heard of either of them. Any more info on them ?
Conor is a mid-sized forward, nice athlete and clever around the goals.

Liam I don't know much about other than he's tall and played soccer.

blitzen666

Debutant
Sep 20, 2020
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Liverpool FC, New York Giants
with the thilthorpe melts, been slowly getting used to the thought that we will pick him at P1 but still don't think i could be able to hand it on the night

Crow_68

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 15, 2005
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Adelaide
So Pies have offered Pick 16 and their 2021 1st to Essendon for Pick 8

That's been declined, as far as Twomey is aware.

You can bet that offer will have come across our table as well

Twomey has no clue.

Why on earth would Collingwood pull the trigger now, when Essendon could bid on McInnes at 6 or 7?

This would be a draft night trade only.

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app

Sep 28, 2014
AFL Club
Adelaide
It probably depends who is there at 9. If its someone we absolutely rate as a steal at that pick, we are unlikely to make a trade. If we think there is about a list of 6-7 players who are similar and we don't have a real standalone candidate there, then I am sure we will look to trade back and get a pick next year for our trouble.
Yep ... to optimise this we need to Essendon NOT to want to trade 6,7 or 8 and we also need to keep threat of a McInnes bid there

then we may be able to either use the pick or trade with pies for their 2021 1st if none of our top raters are still there

Jul 6, 2017
AFL Club
Adelaide
Just thinking about how we could manufacture a pick swap to our advantage on draft night

If Collingwood cop a bid from Essendon for Reef at 6,7 or 8, could we have a deal in place to swap their 14 and 16 for our 22 and 23 and 2021 2nd. Then once the deal is matched we trade them pick 9 for their 2021 1st

So we would trade out 9, 22, 23 and 2021 2nd but get back in 14, 16 and 2021 1st

But I am not sure if we could double trade with Collingwood on the night or is that taboo now?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back