List Mgmt. 2020 Draft and Delistings

Remove this Banner Ad

Twomeys phantom drafts are good because he bases them on intel from the clubs rather than who he personally likes.

We are a bit far back this year but he’s presumably heard something about us liking Homes, who is otherwise seen to be a second or third round pick.

I love the fact that most Vic based players have no hype. The other states players are made to look heaps better purely because they played. I'm not sure what that means in terms of fitness and the like when they join AFL clubs, but I am absolutely certain that there is gold in the form of some Vic player/players who will be sliding into the mid to late teens around our pics.

This actually reads like "there may be players better than other players who we don't know are better than other players yet" like a Tom Browne burner acc, but I know what I mean.

This holmes bloke sounds very intriguing, according to draft central he is an outside midfielder whose strengths are:
Athleticism
Speed
Endurance
Clean hands
Rate of improvement

He is very raw and has only played 1 game in the junior talent pathway. But I don't really see that as an issue to not pick him. Massive bolter but I would be very excited if we picked him up.

Hope we pick up Carroll as well because he is basically a rivers clone. Then hopefully somebody slides to our third pick, hopefully Bowey as he is one of the best kicks in the draft but is tiny, similar player to Caleb Daniel. Cal Twomey usually around the mark and if those are the two we pick up, you can't be mad with that.

Interesting that he has us looking at another West Aussie. Also interesting he has Perkins drifting so far - still love to think that we would be trying to live trade up if he was still on the board after the first dozen picks, but sounds like we're more likely to trade 28 for a future pick if any takers and use pick 50.

Conor Stone & Caleb Poulter sound interesting too.

If Macrae kept on sliding on draft night I could see us trading something like 19 + 28 for Collingwood's pick 14. We get Macrae, Collingwood have an interest in Poulter who will be there at 19, and they are looking to bring in more picks in this years draft after their list exodus, and we solve our issue of only wanting to use 3 picks at the draft.

If Macrae kept on sliding on draft night I could see us trading something like 19 + 28 for Collingwood's pick 14. We get Macrae, Collingwood have an interest in Poulter who will be there at 19, and they are looking to bring in more picks in this years draft after their list exodus, and we solve our issue of only wanting to use 3 picks at the draft.
It's not an issue, we can just not use 50.

Spending 2 high picks considering what we spent to get them and that we got Rivers in the second round last year just to move from 19 to 14 seems stupid to me. If we thought the talent in this draft cut off at 14 then we should package all our picks for a single shot at the top 10 then. 3 cracks inside around 30 looks good to me.

Spending 2 high picks considering what we spent to get them and that we got Rivers in the second round last year just to move from 19 to 14 seems stupid to me. If we thought the talent in this draft cut off at 14 then we should package all our picks for a single shot at the top 10 then. 3 cracks inside around 30 looks good to me.
I don't mind just taking the 3 picks inside the top 30 but would you rather have Macrae who is a top 10 talent and someone we rate really highly or Holmes who many see as not in the top 50 and pick 28 (which will be 30-35)? Not using pick 50 also just seems like a waste since we got it in a fairly even trade and will slide into around the 45 mark just seems like a waste not to use it at all.

This. We've got solid recruiters and good picks to get some sliders who might slip through, or pick up some slight roughies we can take a punt on.

Agree. Picking good players in the draft is a probability game. 2 x top 20 picks is more likely to net you a star than 1 slightly higher pick.
If anything, I'd prefer we be the club who trades 18 or 19 for two slightly lower picks when a club behind us gets desperate to move up to grab a certain player. From memory this has happened a bit since live trading came in.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't mind just taking the 3 picks inside the top 30 but would you rather have Macrae who is a top 10 talent and someone we rate really highly or Holmes who many see as not in the top 50 and pick 28 (which will be 30-35)? Not using pick 50 also just seems like a waste since we got it in a fairly even trade and will slide into around the 45 mark just seems like a waste not to use it at all.

I know nothing about MacRae and neither do you considering you watched a 30s highlight video and then read other people's opinions on his ability. If he's such an amazing top 10 talent then he'll go top 10.

I much prefer the method the club's used.
Pick 50 can suck my balls.

Where's our Hawks supporting mate that worked at the club/had the red hot intel this year?

I remember him saying Heath Chapman was one to watch this year, but he's seemingly rocketed past any of our available picks.

Because last year every team was clear on who they were drafting, it's a complete unknown still ATM with 3 picks between 18-30
Yeah gotcha, a lot of water to go under the bridge, I feel it is less which we want but more just hoping for a slider or beat available.

Last year we could target Jackson and Pickett with early picks this year we don’t get that choice.

Was still hoping for a whisper though!

Holmes is very athletic and a very good runner. Although I feel he falls under the umbrella of “ athlete” that could turn into a footballer.

At what pick are they forecasting we will use for him??

Forgetting the projections/phantom drafts of what we are taking, who do people love most and hope we pick up?

Name your boys for me and why you love them....:)

Holmes is very athletic and a very good runner. Although I feel he falls under the umbrella of “ athlete” that could turn into a footballer.

At what pick are they forecasting we will use for him??
Our second pick in Twomeys phantom I think, I would have thought more 3rd/if a trade back/out at 50 even. 20 seems very early on him.

If a bid come for Pies Reef McInnes before there first pick I reckon we will try get up order and I keep hearing we are open to trade 28 to get another pick I guess in second round next year. I be happy to either package 18 & 19 for 14 and their 2021 1st Or 19 & 28 for 14 and 2021 second.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back