List Mgmt. 2020 Draft and Delistings

Remove this Banner Ad

Pretty sh*t that almost every club has hit a gun with their academy picks and we've got a bloke who no one else even wanted in the draft. The dogs play finals and get the number 1 pick for fu** sake lol
Eh, a few clubs haven't had much luck - us, Tigers, Blues, Hawks, Cats haven't had any stars/top picks with this system (that I know of).

It is a pretty s**t system though, Dogs get JUH this year, GWS got green last year cheap after making the GF. Sydney and Brisbane seem to have gotten the most out of it. Andrews, Hipwood, Heeney all academy picks I think, Sydney have 2 more top 25 ranked blokes this year.

Eh, a few clubs haven't had much luck - us, Tigers, Blues, Hawks, Cats haven't had any stars/top picks with this system (that I know of).

It is a pretty sh*t system though, Dogs get JUH this year, GWS got green last year cheap after making the GF. Sydney and Brisbane seem to have gotten the most out of it. Andrews, Hipwood, Heeney all academy picks I think, Sydney have 2 more top 25 ranked blokes this year.
Mills as well.
GWS got Hopper and another one top 10 that slips my mind.
Cats got Ablett, Hawkins and Scarlett. They've had enough for a long time when it comes to help.

Mills as well.
GWS got Hopper and another one top 10 that slips my mind.
Cats got Ablett, Hawkins and Scarlett. They've had enough for a long time when it comes to help.
Scarlett wasn't rated highly at all as a youngster, certainly not in Ablett and Hawkins league. Was lucky to even be drafted from memory.

We're talking about two different systems as well - NGA vs father-son.

Father-son I get. Not everyone likes it, but it makes sense to me and I enjoy the sentimentality of it. It's also really clear to understand and implement.

NGS seems entirely arbitrary. The systems in place, particularly in Victoria, don't seem to add much on top of already established junior football programs, but have the potential to massively skew the draft in favour of the lucky few. Take Ugle-Hagan for example. He grew up in an indigenous community on the outskirts of Warrnambool, then went to Scotch for the last four years. That kid was going to play AFL regardless of what the WB may have done.

Just give it the flick, instruct all teams they need to contribute to development across the board and leave the draft as uncompromised as possible.

Must say I'm a bit surprised that Jeff Farmer played more games for Fremantle than for Melbourne.

I must say it.

Yeah I dunno, I think when ya doing a podcast about your own team mates you ain't gonna say they won't play a game.
They’ve said it twice now so I’m inclined to think there is something in it.

Even if there is something though - it’s still a bit meh to find out we have a promising but traditional midfielder on the books. If only he could get smaller and quicker with elite crumbing goal sense or similar

Im hearing you have interest in Cody Brand and Josh Eyre with your second round pick to replace some old players. There's also a handful of teams like the dees, roos, port, hawks, freo and us tigers that are into cody and josh who most have second round picks before essendons pick 44.

I'm not sure if anyone noticed but Kobe Farmer was training with the Melbourne senior players on Wednesday and has nominated for the draft. He's part of Freo's NGA but they might have told him we're not going to take you because we don't have enough spots, I wonder if we're going to pick him (obviously under father son).
good spotting, i wondered who the random guy was in the photo, then was even more intrigued when they deleted it soon after.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Even if Farmer's not very good but we still want him, wouldn't it make sense to draft him at pick 50 so that freo don't get him. Because freo have an earlier rookie draft pick. What does it matter if they are drafted in the national or rookie draft? Can't we also rookie list him straight away?

Even if Farmer's not very good but we still want him, wouldn't it make sense to draft him at pick 50 so that freo don't get him. Because freo have an earlier rookie draft pick. What does it matter if they are drafted in the national or rookie draft? Can't we also rookie list him straight away?
If he wants to come to Melbourne he just nominates us as father/son, draft is irrelevant.

Pretty sh*t that almost every club has hit a gun with their academy picks and we've got a bloke who no one else even wanted in the draft. The dogs play finals and get the number 1 pick for fu** sake lol
Agreed. And to rub further salt, Collingwood will be gaining access to Nick Daicos as a father son prospect for next years draft. He is rated as the number 1 prospect for the 2021 draft by most recruiters.

Just because he's named Kobe I think we should pass.

Wait for the kids named LeBron in the next 10 years.
In 20 years we'll have bogans called Giannis.

Just because he's named Kobe I think we should pass.

Wait for the kids named LeBron in the next 10 years.
Michael Newton should have been GOAT

Remove this Banner Ad

Back