List Mgmt. 2020 Draft and Delistings

Remove this Banner Ad

It's probably pretty common actually, you wanna build a list for any coach, not just what that guy needs for next year.
I don't think goody will have time to scour the various hours of draft prospects. I'd imagine pretty normal for head coach to have a general overview of what they want, but the list management and recruiting guys ultimately bring the individuals in they identify.

If goody was sitting there overriding and controlling who he wanted by name, we have another Ollie wines/toumpas scenario.

Seemed a couple of guys in the room wanted Carroll. Probably not expecting him to be there. I read it that we wouldn’t have taken Holmes and were quiet happy with Bowie and Laurie. I reckon Rosman gives us the flexibility of being a tall who could play multiple roles.

It's probably pretty common actually, you wanna build a list for any coach, not just what that guy needs for next year.

When they interview the coach for the job, generally he has to sell them on A) his game style and B) his training methodology.

The football and health/fitness department would be working towards being able to deliver those two things.

During review periods, the football department would identify what they think they need to do to help provide the cattle. The football brains would definitely have input about "we need this type of player" and leave the recruiting guys to find the players that best fit those needs (apparently prioritising skilled players and better decision makers). The recruiting department is probably more responsible for things like list profile and longer development timelines.

There is certainly an element of "best player available" (Jackson type picks), but generally the coach is only responsible for leading the group that identifies the needs of the game style.

And for sure, the coach is busy enough that they don't have time to be doing the recruiters job.

So I guess it's a mix of the two?

Imagine how good we could look if Bowey and Laurie are both fantastic kicks at AFL level.
In a perfect world it’d be those two in for two of Jones, Jetta or Sparrow. Not to get carried away with two players who haven’t even played yet, but on paper, if they’re as advertised, our side would feel balanced at long last...after the inclusion of BBB ofcourse

Just a heads up.

We have an Academy prospect (same as what Deakyn Smith was) currently on Dandenong Stingrays list by the name of Mac Andrew. Mac is of Sudanese heritage and a 200cm ruckman/prospect.

Played his first NAB league debut game today and was awarded BOG in their 39 point win over Gippsland Power.

Mac finished with 22 disposals 4 marks and 11 hitouts.

One to keep an eye on this year

Just a heads up.

We have an Academy prospect (same as what Deakyn Smith was) currently on Dandenong Stingrays list by the name of Mac Andrew. Mac is of Sudanese heritage and a 200cm ruckman/prospect.

Played his first NAB league debut game today and was awarded BOG in their 39 point win over Gippsland Power.

How old is he mate?

Just a heads up.

Hopefully he’s not too good, we can only draft him if no one bids on him with a top 20 pick

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hopefully he’s not too good, we can only draft him if no one bids on him with a top 20 pick
Unfortunately good ruckman and key forwards are like gold in the drafts. If he continues his form and potentially gets picked for Vic Country and plays well there then it'll be fascinating to see how it plays out.

While we are on draft prospects. Son of a gun Taj Woewodin who was named captain of East Fremantle Colts in the WAFL played his first game for the year 2 weeks ago in round 1. They had a win against Peel Thunder and Taj played a great captains game.

His stats on the day, 21 disposals 6 tackles, 3 marks 7 I50s and kicked 1.1 on the day. Another to keep an eye on this year.

While we are on draft prospects. Son of a gun Taj Woewodin who was named captain of East Fremantle Colts in the WAFL played his first game for the year 2 weeks ago in round 1. They had a win against Peel Thunder and Taj played a great captains game.

His stats on the day, 21 disposals 6 tackles, 3 marks 7 I50s and kicked 1.1 on the day. Another to keep an eye on this year.
What type of player is he?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back