List Mgmt. 2020 Draft and Trade Hypotheticals - Part 2 (The 2020 Draft)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Would feel better knowing we got a guy like Neale brewing away and getting a game occasionally.

I suspect that Dee's pick is about right

There is an old saying, Rome wasn't built in a day

Similarly we don't have to get ever single thing in 2020, and trying to do this will be foolish (in a very compromised draft) as we'd have to sell our future to do so.

There is an old saying, Rome wasn't built in a day

Similarly we don't have to get ever single thing in 2020, and trying to do this will be foolish (in a very compromised draft) as we'd have to sell our future to do so.

Neale looks a great prospect which is the main thing, I also don't want to be fighting for dinosaur scraps every off season whilst over a barrel. Depends what they want for that pick. Neale might be gone.

Also, I like the idea of finding a pick for a Dalrymple punt. Could be some value to be had. Another reason the Dees pick is interesting

Neale looks a great prospect which is the main thing, I also don't want to be fighting for dinosaur scraps every off season whilst over a barrel. Depends what they want for that pick. Neale might be gone.

Also, I like the idea of finding a pick for a Dalrymple punt. Could be some value to be had. Another reason the Dees pick is interesting

There is punting and there is paying overs. Our second is way too high, that could be in the top 30 next season. Considering Geelong paid a third for 27, I feel what is being tossed around is huge overs.

Swans go surprise choice (again) and pick Nik Cox at 3. Melts galore.

I'd be actually stoked if we picked DGB at 3 and nabbed GC's pick at 5 to grab him.
Get at least 10 games into both and grab the best mid we can next year after seeing how Gulden and Campbell go on a senior list.

View attachment 1024427
No melt from me, I reckon he is better than DGB

I do not follow the draft and pay no attention to anything draft related, but I have gathered from reading this thread that McDonald is a forward and DGB is a back and many on here are going to "lose it" if McDonald slips to our pick but we pass and take the backman.

Serious question - if we have an arrangement in place to rookie the elder McCartin and that influences our draft choice, is everyone still going to "lose it" or accept that Beatson and co have taken everything - go home factor, injury concerns, team needs etc, etc into account and accept the decision?
In reality, given the inherent risks with Paddy, whether he is rookied or not should have zero impact on who we draft.

There is punting and there is paying overs. Our second is way too high, that could be in the top 30 next season. Considering Geelong paid a third for 27, I feel what is being tossed around is huge overs.
28 is also top 30 last time I checked. :D Neale would be ideal for us to study under Hickey - and we REALLY need a developing ruck.

The only thing that seems locked in is the melts that are going to happen when we select our number three. So many I’m going to lose my sh*t if...

Welcome to the Swans whomever we get hope you don’t read big footy.

Nah . You seemed to have missed a heck of a lot of blather. There will be no real life losing of s**t...

You see most of the elite category BF 'experts' on here , have got most of the reputed top 6 in their back up "i was right post files"

Originally, most jumping on the Phillips train but only because they prefer the hype to a lesser known Hollands
Then they swapped trains , worried Swans might want a tall, so they have by post rotation pondered and selected Big Mac, Thilthorpeth, and the charmingly mature hyphen DGB

For some reason overlooking the huge wrap Kinnear Beatson gave Tanner Bruhn (they prolly suspected it a devious smoke screen, devious decoy??? )
Only the real elite BF experts can detect these things!

They will all be happy with whoever gets chosen, :thumbsu: (as it provides huge scope for massive BF criticism in or over the next few years.)
Maybe even sooner, if the selection does not debut 2021 .. howls of much too fat, too skinny, or can't kick etc.... I can't wait!

28 is also top 30 last time I checked. :D Neale would be ideal for us to study under Hickey - and we REALLY need a developing ruck.

For a future third maybe but not for a future second! Do you realise how much "overs" that is off the going rate this season?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

McDonald will look good in the red & white
Be interesting if both he and DGB available given McD said DGB prob beat him in their match up.
Would you see him taking Sinkers out of our best team? I think Reid would still play. Doesn't leave much by way of back up ruck in-game. Reid might be that.

Be interesting if both he and DGB available given McD said DGB prob beat him in their match up.
Would you see him taking Sinkers out of our best team? I think Reid would still play. Doesn't leave much by way of back up ruck in-game. Reid might be that.

Hickey will ruck full time anyway

Imo they can't hickey and Sinclair in the same side

Relying on the elder McCartin would be an issue regardless.
In reality, given the inherent risks with Paddy, whether he is rookied or not should have zero impact on who we draft.
Thank you for the responses, it was a serious question by the way and not a "you guys don't know what you're talking about" type question.
Do you see the inherent risk of Paddy any more serious than the guy/s going into the draft with serious injury concerns IE an ACL?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back