List Mgmt. 2020 Draft and Trade Hypotheticals

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aliir can't defend one on one, the club had him playing some pretty exciting football there a couple years back but clubs know how to exploit him now.

I hope he can turn it around but you need to be able to defend.

Maybe if we jag Moore Collingwood will take a look.

Aliir can't defend one on one, the club had him playing some pretty exciting football there a couple years back but clubs know how to exploit him now.

I hope he can turn it around but you need to be able to defend.

Maybe if we jag Moore Collingwood will take a look.

He'd be far more dangerous if he wasn't in such an under siege back six. IMO Rampe, Mills (prior to today) and Dawson have not been much better.

He is being made the scapegoat for our rubbish midfield, just as he was scapegoat for Reg and Smooch's poor start to 2017.

We need to draft someone who can carry the midfield long term. Strong, able to run with decent skills. Bailey smith mark 2 is what we need

I believe he is already on our list.

But you also described Phillips or Hollands. But I am bias. Big fan of both.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He'd be far more dangerous if he wasn't in such an under siege back six. IMO Rampe, Mills (prior to today) and Dawson have not been much better.

He is being made the scapegoat for our rubbish midfield, just as he was scapegoat for Reg and Smooch's poor start to 2017.
Very rare for a player to be dumped an hour before the match - and this one was particularly bizarre given our lack of talls.

Sense there’s more to it.

Remember he’s been dumped for disciplinary breaches before.

Very rare for a player to be dumped an hour before the match - and this one was particularly bizarre given our lack of talls.

Sense there’s more to it.

Remember he’s been dumped for disciplinary breaches before.
When he was dropped for disciplinary reasons back in 17 they announced it as the reason for him being pulled from the team the same day. Fairly transparent.

There may be nothing more sinister than his form didn’t warrant selection this time.

I wouldn't blame Hewett or Mills either as I think both of them probably want to be midfielders.
When he was dropped for disciplinary reasons back in 17 they announced it as the reason for him being pulled from the team the same day. Fairly transparent.

There may be nothing more sinister than his form didn’t warrant selection this time.
But his form warranted selection up until an hour before the game?

He must have looked all at sea in the warm-ups.

Thoughts on Will Setterfield? - 193cm midfielder
................ Jordan Ridley? 192cm defender
................ Fiorini
all young, out of contract, and could be up for a move.
Theres heaps of players out of contract still.. Will be interesting to see who's available come trade time. For me, the obvious teams to target are GWS - stacked with talent and no money to keep them, Brisbane - 2 years with bugger all injuries meaning good players aren't getting a game, and all the sh*t melbourne teams. developing sides - Suns, Port, will be hanging on to their best young guys and as mikey-san said teams like geelong which have a lot of eminent retirees will have cap space and be keen to hang on to the next generation

Yes to Setterfield, I have been mentioning him in Papley scenarios

Ridley ain't going anywhere cause he is a gun

No to Fiorini

Yes to Setterfield, I have been mentioning him in Papley scenarios

Ridley ain't going anywhere cause he is a gun

No to Fiorini

Just can't see Setterfield wanting to come back to NSW though...and he's playing in a side that actually moves the ball right now.

Just can't see Setterfield wanting to come back to NSW though...and he's playing in a side that actually moves the ball right now.
Any potential trade target would have seen our game style yesterday and put a line through a move to Sydney.

Who’d want to spend 4 quarters hacking it out of an absurdly crowded back 50?

Whatever position(s) we target, we need to be trying to identify players with actual upside who are lacking opportunity for whatever reason. I know that sound obvious, but between Clarke, Thurlow, Taylor, Gray etc, we seem to be picking up 'solid' (and average or below-average height) players who are what they are basically. Now maybe there was a thought internally that we could squeeze more out of these types of players but generally speaking, they are maxed out as AFL players.

Maybe even need to go after a couple of genuine athletes (as opposed to polished football players) and try to turn them into something, especially in the ruck. I know easier said than done and all clubs want to get undervalued talent, but our focus lately seems to be on the wrong types of players.

I hope he turns it around but gee, rocking up fat at a new club? Not a good look

Why was he offered 3 in the first place? Surely 2 was PLENTY!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back