List Mgmt. 2020 Draft and Trade Hypotheticals

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’d draft the best available key forward.

McCartin might have a very short career due to concussion, Blakey isn’t looking likely to fill a key forward role & there’s no one else coming through the 2’s.

The key forward cupboard is bare & I can’t see us raiding St Kilda again.

There isn’t one after Thilhorpe really

There isn’t one after Thilhorpe really
You might be right - I haven’t analysed the draft pool in depth.

But time has shown that Sydney’s marketing dept demands a high profile key forward (Plugger, Hall, Tippett, Buddy) & it seems it’s either going to be Daniher or a draftee.

If It looks certain we’ll get Daniher, then I agree - just take the best available.

No more Ling style reaches - please.

But time has shown that Sydney’s marketing dept demands a high profile key forward (Plugger, Hall, Tippett, Buddy) & it seems it’s either going to be Daniher or a draftee.

If It looks certain we’ll get Daniher, then I agree - just take the best available.

We don’t need Daniher anyway especially not when he can’t get on the field. How good is he when he’s not on the field..

You take the best available look for needs later. If we miss out on a gun mid just to take a hope and dartboard shot on a KPP I’ll be beyond annoyed. The only change is if Adelaide pass on Thilhorpe then it’s close.

Not trying to stir up crap but realistically what do you lads see happening with Papley? His talents are somewhat being wasted as you reform your spine as a small forward, but then again he seems a real leader for you out there and a sure thing to give it his all each week. Obviously requested the trade last year and he'd have a huge impact at a club like the Blues, but his price would have to have increased since last year? Just want to know if theres been any discussion of it amongst some in the know posters or pretty much radio silence and anyones guess at this point? Would be very unusual to request a trade again if he didnt think Sydney was going to let him go given his contract status.

Yeah, next best are Baldwin, Callow and McDonald as pure KPF. Not top 10 picks.

If we could nab a KPF with pick two through trade....

Daniher, hard pass though.

Not trying to stir up crap but realistically what do you lads see happening with Papley? His talents are somewhat being wasted as you reform your spine as a small forward, but then again he seems a real leader for you out there and a sure thing to give it his all each week. Obviously requested the trade last year and he'd have a huge impact at a club like the Blues, but his price would have to have increased since last year? Just want to know if theres been any discussion of it amongst some in the know posters or pretty much radio silence and anyones guess at this point? Would be very unusual to request a trade again if he didnt think Sydney was going to let him go given his contract status.

No idea but * no on letting him go for less than a ridiculous trade haul.

Few bright spots atm

Being wasted? Go away.

Probably play him on the cheap til 2023 btw

Basically the only bright spot we have this year. Probably will do our best to keep him.

If and I mean IF he desires to go your first is an absolute minimum and I mean a minimum.

Being wasted? Go away.

Probably play him on the cheap til 2023 btw
Not meaning that as a negative, just small forwards are of less value to a rebuild then securing some KPP and solid midfielders. At the end of the day he's a gun player but if the rest of the team is reforming and developing then his output is going to be hindered as he doesnt have the talls to bring it to ground for him. He seems to be playing as the key leading forward at the moment, pulls it off somehow which shows how good he is but I'm sure you get what I'm meaning

Not that he would come to us but wines is leaving port at years end

Know he has had a few down years but was a very very good player a few years back and still obviously young

Some just need a fresh start
Good mates with Gray?

I hope things have evolved by the offseason but drafting and trading will be hard

How do you know who to draft and then trading and getting players to move states etc, imagine trying that now
Reckon there should be some Victorian’s wanting to be COVID free.....should strike now

We don’t need Daniher anyway especially not when he can’t get on the field. How good is he when he’s not on the field..

You take the best available look for needs later. If we miss out on a gun mid just to take a hope and dartboard shot on a KPP I’ll be beyond annoyed. The only change is if Adelaide pass on Thilhorpe then it’s close.
Agree entirely re: Daniher, but the marketing dept will demand a marquee forward to bring the chardonnay set through the gates.

I see it as Tippett Mk II.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Agree entirely re: Daniher, but the marketing dept will demand a marquee forward to bring the chardonnay set through the gates.

I see it as Tippett Mk II.

Least Tippett got on the field. What’s wrong with a mid being a marquee player...

Give me Will Phillips or Finley Macrae. Alllll day. Then the two academy boys on top. Plus if they don’t get bid on before our second we can take another gun there at 20-22

I suspect he’s a Swan for life now.

Sydney can’t afford to bottom out for long & it’s hard to see any meaningful bounce back up the ladder within the next 3 years if Papley (and to a lesser extent Florent) goes.

Carlton win a game and now they are telling others players are being wasted at their club....OK......It is a strange strange year.

Mids don’t kick huge bags, which is what the peripheral supporters take notice of.
no one kicks bags anymore, we will either have a mid field with no one to deliver it to or a forward line with no one who can deliver it......yikes..

Mids don’t kick huge bags, which is what the peripheral supporters take notice of.

What’s been wrong with JPK as our best player?

We don’t need a marquee

Carlton's approach to Papley has been pathetic. Approach one of our best players (contracted too!) and offer crap all as currency. Stinks of arrogance. Top 10 draft pick minimum

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back