List Mgmt. 2020 Draft and Trade Hypotheticals

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Carlton's approach to Papley has been pathetic. Approach one of our best players (contracted too!) and offer crap all as currency. Stinks of arrogance. Top 10 draft pick minimum
The way he’s playing he commands 2 top 10 picks or GTFO
Carlton offered p9 for Paps and p25.. They also offered a mid 2nd round pick for Jack Martin (Suns said GAGF - Bues got Martin for free)
Its a joke!
If Carlton want Paps.. 2 x top 10 picks

Carlton offered p9 for Paps and p25.. They also offered a mid 2nd round pick for Jack Martin (Suns said GAGF - Bues got Martin for free)
Its a joke!
If Carlton want Paps.. 2 x top 10 picks
From memory they offered pick 9 for Papley and our second pick back. Don't believe they offered pick 25

From memory they offered pick 9 for Papley and our second pick back. Don't believe they offered pick 25

Correct, last year was weird because we for some drunk reason wanted to pay a Kings ransom to a broken down crock in Daniher. Hopefully this year Daniher stays with them, so we can get full value for Paps if he decides to leave.

Then we're seriously misguided. Nothing will get bums on seats more than on-field success.
The Sydney Morning Herald barely even mentions the Swans, except when there’s some Buddy gossip. Ditto the Telegraph.

Which is why the Swans feel they need a marquee player - to ensure at least some coverage in the Sydney press.

Which is why we’ll take the undue risk on Daniher.

The list is crying out for a true superstar midfielder to lead the next generation. If we have a pick 2 or a pick 3, I'd want to be going for that player. So I guess that means Phillips.

On Daniher, I'd really want to see him actually get on to the field this year before we entertain him as an option.

The list is crying out for a true superstar midfielder to lead the next generation. If we have a pick 2 or a pick 3, I'd want to be going for that player. So I guess that means Phillips.

On Daniher, I'd really want to see him actually get on to the field this year before we entertain him as an option.

Hollands could also be that player, but his injury might keep us at bay given our history, recent and otherwise, in that regards. Either one I'd be rapt with, they'd both compliment Rowbottom and Florent very well.

What impact will reduced list sizes have on the draft and trade period?
Teams may only draft 1or 2 players (or maybe none!).. 3rd and 4th round picks might be useless? (except as points to match bids). Future picks might become more valuable?
Teams might be looking to unload players, so trades might be easier?
Im (almost) happy if Paps goes, to get Carltons 1st pick (10ish) + Pittonet (ruck). Im even happier (almost) if Paps goes to get Carltons 1st + Pittonet + Goddard (KPD)

p2 - draft 2nd best player
p10ish - trade in good mid (50+ games)
Pittonet (ruck)
Goddard (KPD)
fit Daniher (KPF)
Campbell and Gulden

Many options this trade / draft period

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not trying to stir up crap but realistically what do you lads see happening with Papley? His talents are somewhat being wasted as you reform your spine as a small forward, but then again he seems a real leader for you out there and a sure thing to give it his all each week. Obviously requested the trade last year and he'd have a huge impact at a club like the Blues, but his price would have to have increased since last year? Just want to know if theres been any discussion of it amongst some in the know posters or pretty much radio silence and anyones guess at this point? Would be very unusual to request a trade again if he didnt think Sydney was going to let him go given his contract status.
To be honest mate, hes wasted at Carlton as well, 4th oldest list and are kidding themselves if they think a premiership is in sight. Papley would be moving from one 2nd youngest list to 4th oldest, whats the point? Give it one more year and the Blues might be the oldest list and we all know what that means.

Give me Will Phillips or Finley Macrae. Alllll day. Then the two academy boys on top. Plus if they don’t get bid on before our second we can take another gun there at 20-22

I reckon the second academy selection is rookie draft material now.
List sizes coming down there will only be 3 rounds and we need a KP player with one pick I'd imagine.

Phillips or Macrae as our first pick for sure by the couple of reviews I've read.
Campbell with the second or third - KP player with the other.

No doubt we'll be ruck shopping in the offseason and may have to spend a pick on that though. Anyone know who we should get?

Probably take a couple of KP players from somewhere if Maibaum and Amartey haven't forced their way in by season's end. Schache anyone? Under utilised atm. Would need to trade for him unfortunately but I'd rather him than a crippled Daniher. Seems a bit of a bell-end though.

I reckon the second academy selection is rookie draft material now.
List sizes coming down there will only be 3 rounds and we need a KP player with one pick I'd imagine.

Phillips or Macrae as our first pick for sure by the couple of reviews I've read.
Campbell with the second or third - KP player with the other.

No doubt we'll be ruck shopping in the offseason and may have to spend a pick on that though. Anyone know who we should get?

Probably take a couple of KP players from somewhere if Maibaum and Amartey haven't forced their way in by season's end. Schache anyone? Under utilised atm. Would need to trade for him unfortunately but I'd rather him than a crippled Daniher. Seems a bit of a bell-end though.

I would use this years second on Constable, and next years 3rd rounder on Pruess.

I’d be definitely willing to offer him up.

Just had a bub to his partner who I believe is from the UK, so no motherly pull factor to Adelaide and well if he goes to the UK we’ll get nothing. So not sure whether he’d choose to go and hard to see him getting a big payday particularly given the current covid situation with us or anyone for that matter.

I think he will re-sign as I am not sure what we would get in return would be much better than just keeping him amongst a growing group of young players, he at least has some experience. We will have plenty of others to cut off the list.

I do however think now is the time to try to give the keys to the kitchen to him however... so to speak.
It’s time he led the midfield in Kennedy’s absence and let’s see what happens for a few weeks.

Would like to see if Warner is up to the tagging role and give Hewett free reign. There is no way in hell I'd be trading Hewett. Glue guy. Strong, tough, can play multiple positions - and possible upside being released from tagging.

With a sample size of just one game Stephens looks a Lloyd/Cunningham type, and we have McInerney and possibly Stoddart - so I'd have Lloyd on the trade table WAAAY before Hewett or Parker. GC should give us their first for Lloyd this year - as they'll be right around the 8 and looking to push on next year. He would be perfect for them.

I would use this years second on Constable, and next years 3rd rounder on Pruess.

They're not giving up Constable, he'll fill GAJ and Selwood's spot next year.

And do we need him, if we have Phillips/Macrae - Parker, Hewett, Rowbottom, Warner and Cambell? Not sure tbh. That seems a good crew to go with.
I'd be looking at ruck and KP player for our second - though there might be good value in delisted free agents next year in that cohort.
Pruess might be good stop-gap agreed.

They're not giving up Constable, he'll fill GAJ and Selwood's spot next year.

And do we need him, if we have Phillips/Macrae - Parker, Hewett, Rowbottom, Warner and Cambell? Not sure tbh. That seems a good crew to go with.
I'd be looking at ruck and KP player for our second - though there might be good value in delisted free agents next year in that cohort.
Pruess might be good stop-gap agreed.

They might have no choice if we promise Constable game time and he wants to come here.

They might have no choice if we promise Constable game time and he wants to come here.
Oh I'll take him. :D
Just read Selwood is playing next year and they have last year's pick Cooper Stephens (who I wanted) too.

Won't push Isaac off the marketing material. 😂
1594683464787.png

We'd have to get pretty busy with KP players in the unrestricted and delisted free agent pool.
But there should be some fair ones for reasonable money if list sizes are coming down.

Not trying to stir up crap but realistically what do you lads see happening with Papley? His talents are somewhat being wasted as you reform your spine as a small forward, but then again he seems a real leader for you out there and a sure thing to give it his all each week. Obviously requested the trade last year and he'd have a huge impact at a club like the Blues, but his price would have to have increased since last year? Just want to know if theres been any discussion of it amongst some in the know posters or pretty much radio silence and anyones guess at this point? Would be very unusual to request a trade again if he didnt think Sydney was going to let him go given his contract status.

If you offered pick 9 last season he would be yours right now.

If you offered pick 9 last season he would be yours right now.

He wouldn’t. Papley going was dependant on us getting Daniher....both aspects a shuddering thought

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back