Not open for further replies.
We might become the Bulldogs.
Campbell 178
Gulden 172
Rossman 180cm

The mosquito fleet.

Unsure how update the heights are!
Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

There will be more dud recruits. But the duds don't matter if you get others right. We can't just be scared to make any calls on players in fear of getting them wrong otherwise we get nowhere.
Totally agree.
Look at the saints. Absolute disaster with Patty McCartin at pick 1.

Didnt panic.

Stuck with the draft and got gold with Clark, Coffield and King.

Brown plays, but he's not playing very well.
Could imagine the melts if we got Daniher last year. We actually have to send dodoro fan mail

Should send him the best champagne as a thank you present lol

Yet he's not even playing these positions in the reserves basically. It seems an absolute gamble, we are taking a massive throw at the stumps. I understand WCE have had a good side, but there's been games Barass has been out, ditto McGovern, etc, and he still doesn't get a game. That is giving me personally a few red flags.

I'd want more than pick 9 and Brander for one of our top 2-3 players personally. I'd hope we learnt from giving Mitchell away for a packet of chips.

OMG highly ranked 18 year old 195cm kid fails to break into premiership team.

Obviously if he hasnt pushed one of the experienced premiership players out before he's 21 he must be a dud!

Understand some reservations but a kp player takes time to develop.

One thing the Eagles do well is draft talls. They snagged Brander and then were stunned to find Allen still there at our 2nd.

Pick 9 and Brander is not a bucket of chips by anyones stretch of imagination.

Obviously if he hasnt pushed one of the experienced premiership players out before he's 21 he must be a dud!

One thing the Eagles do well is draft talls. They snagged Brander and then were stunned to find Allen still there at our 2nd.

I'm starting to think you are either Brander's agent or Sydney-based girlfriend. ;)

It's nowhere near enough for one of our top 2-3 players. Would you think it's enough for say Shuey from your side? Bet you wouldn't be happy. It's only a fraction more than last year and he'll be All Australian this year in all likelyhood. As it is Carlton's first is not high enough on that scale.

It's not about whether Brander has played in the top side, but he's not even playing the position you keep selling in the reserves. You can keep saying he's this position or that position...we would want CERTAINTY if he's included in a Papley deal. This isn't to say I don't rate Brander I do, just that the deal is taking EXTREME unders and if we did that after bending over for Mitchell there would be plenty on here that would be beyond annoyed.

Should send him the best champagne as a thank you present lol
Send him Gray

We’ve got a young, fit rising star called Lewis Taylor and a dynamic small forward called Sam Gray.
Reckon the Weagles might be interested?
We’d be really, really reluctant to trade them, but that pesky salary cap pressure means we might have to.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Would require further pick shenanigans between Carlton and West Coast, but that’s roughly our price

Personally feel the Shiel/Treloar deals not that it’s apples and apples is the utter bare minimum and if Paps gets AA this year (should) he’ll have more runs on the board. That deal was basically two firsts for Shiel plus a late second. He wasn’t contracted either.

Our list may get a major overhaul.

If list sizes get reduced by ~5 positions and we draft 4 new players that is potentially a refresh of ~30% of the list.

I also expect us to trade/list one older body to help with the teams youth.

Interesting point raised earlier - if we get a pick before Campbell and then Campbell is still bid on in top 15 we wont have enough points for gulden... Surely we will trade out 2021 2nd or 3rd for points in 2020 to safeguard this.

no it's a bucket of s**t for the games current best small forward, who is still contracted to us.

He's played 4 very ordinary games in 3 seasons, yes he's behind some very good kp players, but he simply doesn't look that good and certainly not a player Sydney need, or would want as part of the Papley trade.

He'd be worth nothing more than a 3rd or 4th round pick if it was a stand alone trade.

Our list may get a major overhaul.

If list sizes get reduced by ~5 positions and we draft 4 new players that is potentially a refresh of ~30% of the list.

I also expect us to trade/list one older body to help with the teams youth.

Interesting point raised earlier - if we get a pick before Campbell and then Campbell is still bid on in top 15 we wont have enough points for gulden... Surely we will trade out 2021 2nd or 3rd for points in 2020 to safeguard this.
With live trading now possible we can set up appropriate trades to be completed during the draft depending on when the bids come. Or we could just go into deficit, a few teams did that last season. Depends a bit on exactly how large the shortfall is.

We might become the Bulldogs.
Campbell 178
Gulden 172
Rossman 180cm

The mosquito fleet.

Unsure how update the heights are!
Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

This is why we should not take Gulden.

There is no reason why we should not take Gulden.

List balance. I like him but we cannot get them all.

We would be crazy not to go after a solid ruckman. Even fit our rucks are ordinary. Naismith is a bust because of perpetual injury, Sinkers is too short and cannot jump over a small jar of vegemite, Knoll just does not look like it while Amartey and McLean are way too short. Our midfield is pedestrian compared to others and need to play to a ruck who can be competitive.

I would make a serious offer for Draper, Marshall or English. If unsuccessful we should go for a proven ruck whose body can withstand the rigours of the role.

If Carlton or any other team comes knocking again for Papley, our minimum price should be their 1st rounder and 2nd rounder plus Weitering.

List balance. I like him but we cannot get them all.

We would be crazy not to go after a solid ruckman. Even fit our rucks are ordinary. Naismith is a bust because of perpetual injury, Sinkers is too short and cannot jump over a small jar of vegemite, Knoll just does not look like it while Amartey and McLean are way too short. Our midfield is pedestrian compared to others and need to play to a ruck who can be competitive.

I would make a serious offer for Draper, Marshall or English. If unsuccessful we should go for a proven ruck whose body can withstand the rigours of the role.

If Carlton or any other team comes knocking again for Papley, our minimum price should be their 1st rounder and 2nd rounder plus Weitering.
Absolutely we need a ruck.. Thats the first tall we should target.
The Paps trade could give us a good opportunity to do this. Weitering was p1 in 2015 and about to start to enter his prime - cant see the Blues even considering him in a trade.
The blues have Kruezer who may play another year or two, Pittonet (24 yo) and De Koning (21 yo) as their first three ruck options. Instead of Weitering or a key back or key forward, Im a fan of targeting firstly Pittonet (he's doing well this year) or maybe De Koning.

so.. Paps for .. Blues first + a Ruck + maybe a late pick
We get a ruck (essential) + we get a top 10 pick to trade (very good player) + we get some points to match bids for academy kids.. and we get to draft 2 x academy kids and a top 4 pick.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back