List Mgmt. 2020 Draft and Trade Hypotheticals

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought Sier had a pretty decent game.. he hasn't got great speed but uses the ball well.

Re watch the game. Turned the ball over countless times.

Constable if we have to go that way is MUCH better even if we have to pay a bit more.

5 turnovers from 23 touches with a 70% disposal efficiency was reasonable. He’ll probably come to Sydney against your better judgement.

And that's why we we stay middle range, sorry I just don't rate him. Would rather go Constable and that's if we go either. Almost rather get neither...although to be fair to Sier he'd be better than Clarke, Grey or Taylor!

Olian

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 12, 2013
Between the Bridges
AFL Club
Sydney
And that's why we we stay middle range, sorry I just don't rate him. Would rather go Constable and that's if we go either. Almost rather get neither...although to be fair to Sier he'd be better than Clarke, Grey or Taylor!
So who’s this player who’s fast, never turns the ball and has great disposal efficiency?

Constable was linked with St Kilda last year I doubt he will cross the border.

So who’s this player who’s fast, never turns the ball and has great disposal efficiency?

Constable was linked with St Kilda last year I doubt he will cross the border.

You get scraps in general 9 times out of 10 there's a reason they are let go by clubs.

I'd personally rather hit the draft hard, I've been consistent there. I'd like to trade our 2021 1st or 2nd for a player (but but Sier types).

Worth a try with Constable, better than getting Sier.

Olian

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 12, 2013
Between the Bridges
AFL Club
Sydney
You get scraps in general 9 times out of 10 there's a reason they are let go by clubs.

I'd personally rather hit the draft hard, I've been consistent there. I'd like to trade our 2021 1st or 2nd for a player (but but Sier types).

Fair enough you want to go to the draft hard but then also trade out picks for players. So we end up with no picks next year when we are a bottom 4 side again.

Fair enough you want to go to the draft hard but then also trade out picks for players. So we end up with no picks next year when we are a bottom 4 side again.

See would we be a bottom 4 side ..I feel we are closer than you think.

You also have the Papley thing- would we take two firsts (and trade at least 1) and go from there. We are hardly the worst bottom 2 side, in fact we have kept most game close.

I'm also comfortable going to the long route, hitting the draft the next 2 years. Either one is fine by me.

brad cooper

Premiership Player
Jul 5, 2014
AFL Club
Sydney

Just out of curiosity would you have recruited our captain based on his performances for Hawthorn? Because they were more underwhelming than what Sier has shown.

Just out of curiosity would you have recruited our captain based on his performances for Hawthorn? Because they were more underwhelming than what Sier has shown.

The difference is the price. That's the key word. Kidding yourself if you think that will be the price for Sier and that's my main issue. Don't see what Sier does that Clarke doesn't...and I don't rate Clarke.

Plus the game has changed, efficiency is everything nowadays. I don't see why we trade picks (that we will need) for a very limited player. Rather go after a ruck or a defender to be honest.

Olian

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 12, 2013
Between the Bridges
AFL Club
Sydney

You also have the Papley thing- would we take two firsts (and trade at least 1) and go from there. We are hardly the worst bottom 2 side, in fact we have kept most game close.

I'm also comfortable going to the long route, hitting the draft the next 2 years. Either one is fine by me.
I’ll give you an example. Player A, top 5 draft pick, gets 12 touches, kicks a nice goal but has 3 turnovers and disposal efficiency of 42%.

The draft alone won’t get you back up the ladder unless you can bring in the Sier types.

Player A was Dylan Stephens.

I’ll give you an example. Player A, top 5 draft pick, gets 12 touches, kicks a nice goal but has 3 turnovers and disposal efficiency of 42%.

The draft alone won’t get you back up the ladder unless you can bring in the Sier types.

Player A was Dylan Stephens.

Stephens was more than fine tonight in fact he looks very good. It's why we shouldn't even consider trading our first this season, get an elite talent in.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nov 20, 2007
Sydney
AFL Club
Sydney

We will be bottom 4 for at least the next 3 seasons minimum.

Aug 13, 2018
South Melbourne
AFL Club
Sydney
Its only because Adelaide are one of the worst sides i have ever seen we will be spared the spoon.

We arent that far ahead of Adelaide performances.

Their % of 55 suggests they are pretty awful.

We arent that bad but the reality is without buddy, jpk, a ruck and a KPD... We have serious deficiencies. And these wont be solved anytime soon...

We will be bottom 4 for at least the next 3 seasons minimum.

We are getting 2 top 5 picks this year, 1 for "free". We can get up quicker than many think. Need to use pick 2 well and I trust Darymple with early picks.

brad cooper

Premiership Player
Jul 5, 2014
AFL Club
Sydney
The difference is the price. That's the key word. Kidding yourself if you think that will be the price for Sier and that's my main issue. Don't see what Sier does that Clarke doesn't...and I don't rate Clarke.

Plus the game has changed, efficiency is everything nowadays. I don't see why we trade picks (that we will need) for a very limited player. Rather go after a ruck or a defender to be honest.
Lp1 the player in question just had 23 disposals at 70% efficiency, what is there not to like?

I would seriously look to trade Florent and Blakey.

NO. You don't trade those types. Florent is more than fine, and Blakely whist having a down year is critical going forward. If we traded every young kid having a down year we'd have no one left!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back