List Mgmt. 2020 Draft and Trade Hypotheticals

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Finlayson?
Is he out of contract?

They can't play all Cameron, Finlayson and Himmelberg .

Something has to give. One of those three will leave
Finlayson is out of contract.

They can play all three, though. Cameron and Himmelberg are both key forwards, while Finlayson is a more versatile swingman.

I am going purely on the kicking efficiency stat, and yes I probably should not have included Green and gone for a more established player.
Barrass takes a lot of sideways and backwards kicks to uncontested marks, that's why he's so efficient and his kicking style is more of an up and under and he lacks penetration in his kicks since they stay up in the air for a pretty long time that's why he doesn't attack much and take more risky corridor kicks like Hurn or good old Jetta. Going from the eye test, Hickey has a better field kick than Vardy, it's low and flat and he his targets a lot too.

I've liked Harry Perryman for a while, but his form this year means every club would probably be looking at him.

Looks every bit a 250 game player with versatility to play forward, mid or back. Im pretty sure he is uncontracted and he is from Collingullie (near wagga). Only 21.

GWS are going to have a fight to keep Cameron and have handed out some enormous cash in the past few season on Kelly, Coniglio, Whitfield et al. From the outside, I don't think their list strategy includes paying big money to a player like Perryman.

Could say nearly all the above about Zac Williams as well, also from country NSW.

Last edited:

Not this year imo. His kicking has been really lacklustre. Either just plain innefective/turnovers or taking the easy short options like Lloyd a few years ago.

I would argue Billings.

Lets get a Macrae in the draft. Anyone get to see him last year?

3. Finlay Macrae

Best position:
Inside midfield
Height, weight: 184cm, 79kg
Recruited from: Oakleigh Chargers
Projected draft range: 1-10
Rationale: Younger brother of Western Bulldogs star Jack, Finlay is a mirror image of his older brother in the way he moves and plays. He also finds the ball just as easily.

Strengths:

Class and composure in traffic, evasion, agility, speed, distribution by hand, clean ball user, production, improving contested ball-winner, improving inside midfield craft

Weaknesses:

Unclear versatility, scoreboard impact

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Honestly, I would love him as well.

I think Geelong's midfield is keeping him out and it's too hard for them to find another spot for him (a bit like how the Hawks forced Kennedy into being a forward).

I think Geelong would fight to keep him, but I hope the prospect of senior games can entice him to the red and white.
With Gaj and Selwood likely done they have the money and the spots to keep him.

Thoughts on Will Setterfield? - 193cm midfielder
................ Jordan Ridley? 192cm defender
................ Fiorini
all young, out of contract, and could be up for a move.
Theres heaps of players out of contract still.. Will be interesting to see who's available come trade time. For me, the obvious teams to target are GWS - stacked with talent and no money to keep them, Brisbane - 2 years with bugger all injuries meaning good players aren't getting a game, and all the s**t melbourne teams. developing sides - Suns, Port, will be hanging on to their best young guys and as mikey-san said teams like geelong which have a lot of eminent retirees will have cap space and be keen to hang on to the next generation

3. Finlay Macrae

Best position:
Inside midfield
Rationale: Younger brother of Western Bulldogs star Jack, Finlay is a mirror image of his older brother in the way he moves and plays. He also finds the ball just as easily.

Strengths:

Class and composure in traffic, evasion, agility, speed, distribution by hand, clean ball user, production, improving contested ball-winner, improving inside midfield craft

Weaknesses:

Might even be able to tempt the older brother with the prospect of playing together...

3. Finlay Macrae

Best position:
Inside midfield

Strengths:

Weaknesses:

Might even be able to tempt the older brother with the prospect of playing together...

Assuming they even liked each other as kids.

We are very likely going to have a top 5 draft pick this year, possibly even top 3 so we desperately need to recruit a clearance machine.

Assuming they even liked each other as kids.

We are very likely going to have a top 5 draft pick this year, possibly even top 3 so we desperately need to recruit a clearance machine.

Can see draft playing as it:

1. Ade - Thilthorpe - KPF/ruck
2. WB - JUH (match Swans bid) - KPF
3. Syd - Hollands - in/out mid
4. NM - DGB - KPD
5. NM - Phillips - inside mid
6. Syd - Campbell ( match Carl bid) - out mid
7. Carl - Bruhn - in mid
8. Freo- O'Driscoll - balanced mid
9. Rich - Trew - inside mid
10. Col - Mcinnes - (match haw bid)

Honestly is a chook raffle for pick 6/7 - 20

Players between 1-6 jockeying for position IMO

4. NM - DGB - KPD
7. Carl - Bruhn - in mid

The one positive is that the teams around us likely are not looking for inside mids as much as we are. Not sure what Adelaide need but Fremantle fans seem to want key position players. North don't seem like they desperately need midfielders either and neither would Carlton.

4. NM - DGB - KPD
7. Carl - Bruhn - in mid

When was the last time we had two top ten draft picks?

If we can maintain these kids we could get a 5-6 player core of top ten draft picks

3. Finlay Macrae

Best position:
Inside midfield

Strengths:

Weaknesses:

I see from the article that no. 6 is a Collingwood academy player. Which reminds me, I haven't heard Eddie complaining about the academies for a while. Not sure why.
And in unrelated news, didn't Quaynor have a good game this weekend?

The one positive is that the teams around us likely are not looking for inside mids as much as we are. Not sure what Adelaide need but Fremantle fans seem to want key position players. North don't seem like they desperately need midfielders either and neither would Carlton.

Adelaide desperately need KPF. Thilthorpe or JUH would be exactly what they want.

Freo could go Cox but reckon they will go home grow with Trew or O'Driscoll. May reach for Logan McDonald, Baldwin or Callow if going for next KPF.

North and Carlton best available selection IMO.

When was the last time we had two top ten draft picks?

If we can maintain these kids we could get a 5-6 player core of top ten draft picks

Ahhh... pre 2000s IIRC

3. Finlay Macrae

Best position:
Inside midfield

Strengths:

Weaknesses:

Would not complain if we landed Jackson's brother, but Hollands and Phillips are much better and also mids, so if they were available at whatever pick we have we'd be crazy not to take them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back