Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

SGBeach

Premiership Player
Jul 19, 2019
AFL Club
Sydney
No thanks to B Brown.. aside from my personal view on him (Im not a fan), we're not looking for a tall forward while Buddy, Reid, McCartin, McLean (even Amartey) are on our list. If he was a free agent (like Daniher) it may be different and would be ok with getting him as long as he didn't cost too much $..
If we're trading a big player... I hope we go for a KPD, a ruck or an inside mid.

If Melican continues his form from the last game then that reduces our need for a quality KPD.. Allirr may (will! - hes a natural athlete) find form as that intercepting athletic tall and Fox, Ling, COR become the 7th, 8th, 9th defender
Rampe, Lloyd, Mills, Cunningham, Allirr, Melican, ...........Fox, Ling, COR... (Dawson). Not a bad back 6. Good balance of height, speed, skill, and experience

Im a fan of Naismith, and I reckon the Swans are in a tough spot.. Sinclare has 1 more year on his contract (and body), do we go with sinkers until the 2nd half of next season when Naismith returns from injury? Does Naismith return and stay fit?
We saw the impact of a Ruck that wins his contest in rd 1 and last game..

Im getting a sneaky feeling that Hewett might be heading home?? if so then theres a spot for a 50 - 100 game / 23-25yo good midfielder. Florent, Rowbum, Blakey, Stephens, (and more) we will want to be getting games into and therefore may not chase too hard for that experienced mid - especially while Parker, JPK, Hewett are playing. If Hewett stays, We may miss this trade period and take on the draft again

Soo much to play out.. such a complex thing (Salary cap, personalities, skill levels, culture), but I have faith in the list managers. Ive heard players say (Paps, last game) on many occasion over the last two years,, "If we stay together". Every player that comes in means someone leaves

RobbieK

Cancelled
Aug 20, 2009
AFL Club
Sydney
I got a bit of mail that Sier is off to the.......... Hawks. 90% confident.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk
That would be strange, they already have Mitchell and Worpel as inside midfielders and are crying out for some youth rather than continuing to try and stay relevant through recycling.

That would be strange, they already have Mitchell and Worpel as inside midfielders and are crying out for some youth rather than continuing to try and stay relevant through recycling.
22 isn't youth?

Kapers

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 25, 2019
AFL Club
Sydney
Honestly, I'm starting to think we aren't going to do anything in this trade period.

Just work on holding onto our important blokes and keep building.

Would prefer to get a KPD, but would prefer to develop a good culture more. Hope whatever we choose ends up developing our culture and young kids the most.

Kapers

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 25, 2019
AFL Club
Sydney
No thanks to B Brown.. aside from my personal view on him (Im not a fan), we're not looking for a tall forward while Buddy, Reid, McCartin, McLean (even Amartey) are on our list. If he was a free agent (like Daniher) it may be different and would be ok with getting him as long as he didn't cost too much $..
If we're trading a big player... I hope we go for a KPD, a ruck or an inside mid.

If Melican continues his form from the last game then that reduces our need for a quality KPD.. Allirr may (will! - hes a natural athlete) find form as that intercepting athletic tall and Fox, Ling, COR become the 7th, 8th, 9th defender
Rampe, Lloyd, Mills, Cunningham, Allirr, Melican, ...........Fox, Ling, COR... (Dawson). Not a bad back 6. Good balance of height, speed, skill, and experience

Im a fan of Naismith, and I reckon the Swans are in a tough spot.. Sinclare has 1 more year on his contract (and body), do we go with sinkers until the 2nd half of next season when Naismith returns from injury? Does Naismith return and stay fit?
We saw the impact of a Ruck that wins his contest in rd 1 and last game..

Im getting a sneaky feeling that Hewett might be heading home?? if so then theres a spot for a 50 - 100 game / 23-25yo good midfielder. Florent, Rowbum, Blakey, Stephens, (and more) we will want to be getting games into and therefore may not chase too hard for that experienced mid - especially while Parker, JPK, Hewett are playing. If Hewett stays, We may miss this trade period and take on the draft again

Soo much to play out.. such a complex thing (Salary cap, personalities, skill levels, culture), but I have faith in the list managers. Ive heard players say (Paps, last game) on many occasion over the last two years,, "If we stay together". Every player that comes in means someone leaves
Papley's interview made me realise how much these guys sticking together means.

I think the club is going to focus on creating a strong unity before looking for trades (player for pick/player for player)

FreeAgent1

Club Legend
Oct 10, 2012
AFL Club
Sydney
I expect us to still persist and get JD as either a free agent of via ND, highly doubt we will trade for him.

Only other experienced player i see us going for is ruck that's on the outer that we rate.

Other than that its 3 or 4 picks at the draft.

Other thing I thought of today - to protect against a North bid for Campbell that is out of his draft range to give them more options. Soon as like drafting opens we trade pick 3 for 3 x picks in to 20/30s and 2021 1st. We then wait till out turn and trade back the exact same trade but give them a future 4th or something.

I mean its genuinely draft tampering ...... but so is what we did with WCE to get Robotttom

Honestly, I'm starting to think we aren't going to do anything in this trade period.

Just work on holding onto our important blokes and keep building.

Would prefer to get a KPD, but would prefer to develop a good culture more. Hope whatever we choose ends up developing our culture and young kids the most.

I think nothing will achieve that strong culture more than these kids/developing players just getting more and more games together. JPK, Rampe, Parker, Buddy etc will show them the ropes no doubt, and the ins and outs of the game, but the actual buy-in and identity that this group wants to stand for... that can only be established by that next generation carrying us forward.

As I said a while back, it was interesting hearing Jordan Lewis talking about how the likes of he, Mitchell, Hodge, Roughead, Buddy, Birchall etc all developed together and built a culture that was their own, and it held them in good stead in big matches later down the track. It'll be interesting to see how our lot evolves, which of them emerge as leaders, who will become reliable and consistent, who will be warriors and who will be the mercurial ones. Looking forward to seeing it unfold.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

SGBeach

Premiership Player
Jul 19, 2019
AFL Club
Sydney
I expect us to still persist and get JD as either a free agent of via ND, highly doubt we will trade for him.

Only other experienced player i see us going for is ruck that's on the outer that we rate.

Other than that its 3 or 4 picks at the draft.

Other thing I thought of today - to protect against a North bid for Campbell that is out of his draft range to give them more options. Soon as like drafting opens we trade pick 3 for 3 x picks in to 20/30s and 2021 1st. We then wait till out turn and trade back the exact same trade but give them a future 4th or something.

I mean its genuinely draft tampering ...... but so is what we did with WCE to get Robotttom
AFL changed the rules after our Rowbottom deal. so that won't happen.
I reckon its highly unlikely North will bid on Campbell with p2, its more likely for Campbell to go at p15.
In this rebuild / development stage, unless there is that 'perfect' player to trade in and the only way to get him is with our future first, we'll hold onto that pick to keep all the options open next year

Tesla Tenet

Premiership Player
Apr 13, 2016
AFL Club
Sydney
Just a hypothetical, on the basis that Hewitt may be going, would we trade for Josh Worral, pick 28, Adelaide and then sort out the rest bit.

Oct 2, 2016
AFL Club
Sydney
Eagles should get on-top of Hawks today pushing us further back in the draft. Depending on where we sit in the end I wouldn't be against offering Adelaide our first round pick + 2021 first round pick for their compo pick. Would imagine we need to offer a sweatener as well.

Tesla Tenet

Premiership Player
Apr 13, 2016
AFL Club
Sydney
Eagles should get on-top of Hawks today pushing us further back in the draft. Depending on where we sit in the end I wouldn't be against offering Adelaide our first round pick + 2021 first round pick for their compo pick. Would imagine we need to offer a sweatener as well.
A player. Which player though?

AFL changed the rules after our Rowbottom deal. so that won't happen.
I reckon its highly unlikely North will bid on Campbell with p2, its more likely for Campbell to go at p15.
In this rebuild / development stage, unless there is that 'perfect' player to trade in and the only way to get him is with our future first, we'll hold onto that pick to keep all the options open next year

Some West Coast fans are still filthy over their club's involvement in that deal. They basically helped us land a potential gun and didn't make much of a net profit themselves. It bordered on charity!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back