List Mgmt. 2020 Draft and Trade Hypotheticals

Status
Not open for further replies.

mikey_san

Cancelled
Mar 17, 2012
AFL Club
Sydney
I’d get both but McCartin needs a year in the new VFL comp to see how he goes.
Not forgetting he was pretty much a spud before the injuries.
Didn't look anywhere near being a good player from the limited viewing I got.
Just overpowered the kids in the youth ranks maybe.
Probably would have made an awesome player in the 80s.

Nov 20, 2007
Sydney
AFL Club
Sydney
Colin Sylvia is no longer with us!
If there is any truth to this Hogan talk, then we ARE IN NO DOUBT the basket case club replacing Carlton & Melbourne.
Even Melbourne knew it was best to part ways with him.

A disappointing off season if it were to eventuate but hey, at least we have Buddy.

Back to 1993 for us Ted?

mikey_san

Cancelled
Mar 17, 2012
AFL Club
Sydney
I don't get why some people post like McCartin's health issues are our responsibility. We aren't his parents.

Surely if McCartin wants to play for us and he is medically cleared to play, the only question is whether he makes sense from a Football perspective.
No - there are considerable legal implications should he develop symptoms later in life - or even sooner.
Don't want a bar of it tbh. Sorry/not sorry Paddy.

Dubai Quacker

Wily Old Campaigner
Aug 11, 2019
Western Australia
AFL Club
Sydney
The QUESTION the club should be asking is why are Fremantle shipping out a KPF they desperately need, clubs dont do this unless its a very good reason.
6PR (Kim Hagdorn) stated its because their former (sacked) list manager completely cocked things up - they now have a bunch of their better players on back-end loaded deals, plus a need to re-sign their star youngsters …. all of which is leading to a huge salary cap crunch at the end of 2021. Hogan needs to go to free up space.

Hagdorn has about a 50% hit rate.

The QUESTION the club should be asking is why are Fremantle shipping out a KPF they desperately need, clubs dont do this unless its a very good reason.

They have a new coach and new administration. Longmuir and his admin aren't obliged to deal with any player who their predecessors saw a need for. Just because he might not suit Freo and what their coach is trying to do, doesn't mean he wouldn't suit us.

Wasn’t he also playing higher up the ground and racking up good numbers for a KPF?

Was averaging 18 disposals playing up the ground for Dees in 2018, where he also kicked 47 goals. So he could play more inside 50 and free up Heeney to be a marking target out of defence, or he could play up the ground and leave Heeney inside 50. We need marking targets in both roles so adding a 195cm bloke capable of both would be a huge asset.

Might get both dickheads degoey and hogan
As long it doesn't stuff up the Mason Wood recruitment I don't mind.

mikey_san

Cancelled
Mar 17, 2012
AFL Club
Sydney
I wonder if we don't want a forward is because the club still sees Tom McCartin as a forward despite being the 2nd best backman we had behind Rampe
Surely not after he pulled off a fantastic McGovern impersonation over the back end of the season. He was seriously AA worthy if he can keep that up for a year. Can't see us wanting to mess with that, would not make any sense at all. Keep doing that Tommy !

Bandicoot

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 2, 2016
Ballarat
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Melbourne Renegades
Statistically, we should win one every 18 years.

I actually think many here are overstating the “unfairness” of the situation. We’ve done very well out of the local academies thus far & over time, they’ll strengthen as more and more NSW juniors will transition to AFL.

Melbourne is pretty much on a par with Sydney in terms of cost-of-living.

Im going to be howled down, but I think the AFL has done a reasonable job in most respects.
It's obvious that you don't live in Sydney.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back