List Mgmt. 2020 Draft and Trade Hypotheticals

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
A rookie list player is still a contract. I only suggested we may do it for list management purposes to move the pieces around for maximum list benefit.

Not sure I’ve suggested ditching Fox.
Under the new rules my understanding is that the max no of cat a rookies is 5. There is no minimum. There would be no value in rookie listing an existing senior contract player except to cut his wages. Unlikely.
If we can source a ruckman or whatever we will need to delist another player assuming we take 3 from the draft and Paddy McCartin (If my maths is right!)

A rookie list player is still a contract. I only suggested we may do it for list management purposes to move the pieces around for maximum list benefit.

Not sure I’ve suggested ditching Fox.

I was about to take great offence at your verballing me with “ditching” then realised it came from elsewhere.
I guess my point is there are other candidates to make list space and I’d be disappointed in the club for the reasons stated if Fox was delisted or even demoted.

Fox was one of our best players. Ditching him is ludicrous. Severely under valued by Horse who used him everywhere like Dawson, Allir and others.

We might end up having to get DGB simply because we would not offer Allir a fair contract.

I love(d) Allir but 4 years would have been a silly contract to offer.

We can't kick him off the list until he is sent to prison I imagine.

We won’t be able to finalise anything until a sentence is handed down.

It is highly unlikely based on what has happened (he handed himself in when requested, co-operated and pleaded guilty) that a custodial sentence will be given.

Will then be up to him to convince the club that he wants change and to give him another chance.

I have a gut feeling that we might, but he will have to convince the club that he is remorseful and wants to change.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Anyone else listen to kinnear beatson on road to the draft podcast?

bloody terrific interview. Can recommend.

summary of some possible messages

1. We want a kpf if available
2. Looking at Hollands and Bruhn. No mention of Phillips.
3. Definitely drafting Campbell
4. Will only draft Gulden of bid comes late.
5. Will draft 3 players.
6. Not open to trading pick 3.

I love(d) Allir but 4 years would have been a silly contract to offer.

Yep, there was no way we were going to offer another 3 years on top of next year right now.

Good on him for making the hard call to take the offer and good on us for not doing that deal right now.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

DBG is a long, long way from McGovern. He is closer to Melbourne's Lever imo.
With his skeleton body shape, he probably won't be ready for AFL until 2022-23.
I'll be disappointed if we use pick 3 on him.

Worth noting though that McGovern was pick 44 in the rookie draft whilst DGB is being touted as a top 5 selection. I’d have to assume that DGB has more ‘natural’ talent than McGovern on face value...
[/QUOTE]
Just like Dean Cox was taken as a rookie as well. Where they were selected in the draft has no relevance to the player they may become.
I would be extremely happy if DBG turned out to be half as good as J McGovern but the original comment that this is what are will be getting with DBG was I think somewhat optimistic.

5. Will draft 3 players.
Yeah, honestly, a big reason why I think we're intk Phillips is that interview.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

One year was the story v 4 from Port. He will be a top 10 player with them because Hinkley does it better.

We have overrated AA since day dot. The bloke can run and attack, but he can't defend! How often was his opponent getting metres of space? I honestly am happy with the trade, filled our biggest need getting Hickey in and we didn't lose much.

5. Will draft 3 players.

If McDonald is there we are calling his name. I just doubt he's there at 3.

The longer it goes without an announcement, the more I feel like Taylor will be kept on the list

Someone told me a few of the boys had unfollowed him on Instagram. That's millenial for 'I never wanna see you again *throws clothes out the window*'

I'd guess his goose is cooked.

I think under 50 game key defenders who are constantly changing role do get caught out but I don't think that's particularly meaningful.

I'm sad to see Aliir go, I think we will regret it and he will be a very solid citizen at Port. But I think the club made the right choice to get in a capable senior ruck and let a.young guy pursue job security - both in terms of contract length and on field position.
Standing 2-3 metres off your man isn’t though. Too often he was caught out.

On Nokia 7.1 using BigFooty.com mobile app

Hinkley Win/Loss = 99-71 (58%) Top 8 4x, Top 4 1x, Minor Premier 1x, Grand Final 0x, Flags 0x

Longmire Win/Loss = 134-79 (63%) Top 8 8x, Top 4 5x, Minor Premier 2x, Grand Final 3x, Flags 1x

Hinkley now better than Longmire based on the what has he done for us lately concept.

This board. Smh.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Would be thrilled to pick Phillips with our first pick, match Campbell & Gulden and live trade in for some height (plenty of strong key defenders apparently. Some promising rucks too).

Some dream drafting
4. Phillips
6. DGB (trade with Gold Coast)
7. Match Campbell
18. Match Gulden

If DGB is available at Gold Coasts pick I would very happily pay overs to get pick 6 from Gold Coast.

Standing 2-3 metres off your man isn’t though. Too often he was caught out.

I’ve consistently said that. Lack of spatial awareness. Same reason he also has a habit of HTB. Not only do you not give 2-3 metres but you have to use your peripheral vision to simultaneously react to the player you mark as well as watching the movement of the ball. Not easy but is a required skill in defending else you will constantly lose your man on the lead

Would be thrilled to pick Phillips with our first pick, match Campbell & Gulden and live trade in for some height (plenty of strong key defenders apparently. Some promising rucks too).

Some dream drafting
4. Phillips
6. DGB (trade with Gold Coast)
7. Match Campbell
18. Match Gulden

That would be a marvellous outcome. So you are suggesting we trade future picks to secure 6? What would be needed? A future first and future second?? But would GC trade when at that point when neither Campbell nor Gulden are matched nor deficit if any ascertained. I just can’t see it tbh

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back