List Mgmt. 2020 Draft and Trade Hypotheticals - Part 2 (The 2020 Draft)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

The 2084 draft is so deep. Trust me i know, and everyone says that's it the greatest draft in history. Bigly draft
2035 or gtfo as far as I am concerned

pics or GTFO lol

It was one of those story ones that disappears after a day. But his most recent actual post is after a full preseason and a season training at AFL level, should give a roughly idea of where he’s at physically.

I really think the whole weight thing has become a bit of a misleading narrative though. Being a big boy was his kinda ‘epithet’ in his draft year, the first thing that would be mentioned about him when he was spoken about. But since the swans had that interview with him where they told him he’d have to lose a bit of weight and he went and did the work and did lose weight I haven’t seen any indication that that was the problem. Both Beatson and Longmire have said that the one area he’s had to work on is some aspects of his defensive work, that he’s had to work on playing against different sized opponents. No mention of his weight or fitness though.

I'm not sure that inside contested ball is the major factor it used to be. Teams like Hawthorn and Richmond have been very poor at clearances while racking up multiple premierships. They relied on defensive pressure to force a turnover. Hawthorn would hurt you by holding possession with precise kicking once they got it while Richmond got their chaos ball wave thing going.
I think we have focussed in the last few drafts on guys that can kick well with pace

Imagine DGB being coached by Rampe.
Kid will learn every trick in the book.
Will be a gun. A bit of Alex Rance about DGB I think.
Perth lad. Full of confidence. Athletic.

Imagine DGB being coached by Rampe.
Kid will learn every trick in the book.
Will be a gun. A bit of Alex Rance about DGB I think.
Perth lad. Full of confidence. Athletic.

Is Rampe really the one you want teaching the kids things? I mean I love Rampe, but he isn't the deepest thinker of our time :p

It's not a red flag to me at all as it reads as nothing more than a sales pitch to me. There is a difference between having a preference for where you'd want to play - as all draftees would have - as opposed to being determined as to where you'd want to play. There have been kids in the past - like Bailey Smith - who did not entertain the notion of moving to interstate clubs during the interviews at all, all but ensuring no interstate club would take him.

As I understand it this is not the case with Phillips at all, who put forward his best case possible to ALL clubs, even Fremantle, an interstate club who don't even have their first pick until pick 12. He has also remained very open to the idea of moving interstate and has even mentioned in multiple interviews that he's received advice and mentoring from players he knows who have moved interstate.

He's giving himself the best chance possible at securing the best outcome possible for himself and his family. To assume that that makes him a homesick, disloyal flight risk five years down the track is just a gigantic leap in logic IMO.

In any case it's worth naught since I really do think it will be between Thilthorpe and DGB, though Twomey seemed to suggest we may have to choose between DGB and McDonald on the AFL site today, which suggests he's under the impression that Crows = Thilthorpe, North = Hollands.

Looks like we might be getting right back on topic. In that scenario who do you take? Third option is trade back a position or two

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Why the hell is the draft on a Wednesday night. Have to work that night.

Couldve just been any other day.

DGB recently played on McDonald and the match report suggested he shut him out of the game stopping his scoring. The kid looks the goods. Mind you so does the other kid
Its why I want DGB. This type of kid is driven. He wants to be the best at his position. We have Rampe who plays a similar role though not a tall. Rampe is crucial for our defense. This kid looks to cover Rampe and has more height. You do not get these kids in every draft. Has class.

I will be very happy if we have the conundrum of picking between McDonald and Granger-Barras.

How is the view from the fence? EDIT i see you stepped up to the plate in post above this. D'oh

For me its a coin toss but there's something about DGB. That easy confidence, determination and bit of self awareness speaks loud and makes me think he'll really invest and prosper.... plus i have a sneaky suspicion he'll be able to switch ends like King (GC) has.

How is the view from the fence?

For me its a coin toss but there's something about DGB. That easy confidence, determination and bit of self awareness speaks loud and makes me think he'll really invest and prosper.... plus i have a sneaky suspicion he'll be able to switch ends like King (GC) has.
Was that me who said that or you :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back