2020 Draft and Trades Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

R we expecting Adelaide to get picks 1 and 2?
They will get #2 imo

Congrats on getting off to a flying start this trade period
You will find 90% Richmond supporters disappointed to see Markov leave but are happy for him to get on with his career and couldnt go to a better club
We all love him and were just hoping we could hold for 1 more year as he is 100% our Houli replacement but we couldnt tap Houli on the shoulder as he is a champ for us and is playing damn good footy and deserves to call it in his own time.

Markov is a bloody good get and will slot in perfectly off the HB and has grunt, You guys will love his hardness at the ball as well as his speed and dare

Well done

P.S

Hope the Suns dont make the massive mistake that would be Adam Treloar for pick #5
Apart from the massive salary which is a terrible example to the younger players the issue is why does the pies want to get rid of a player who they invested 2 1st rounders and have just extended want to get rid of him and keep a player like De Goey who plays 2-3 games a year thats fantastic but under peforming the next 20 and also facing court proceedings.

Something very very Sus about the entire Treloar situation and the Pies people on their board are talking mental health as well as 'uncoachable' attitude , injuries etc
Suns are now on the right path and hope you guys dont deviate and would hate to see a Beams like situation for the Suns

Cheers guys and good luck

My sources are telling me North are deeply into Wright.

Suns asking about a possible pick swap.

Suns get pick 2to use on Logan McDonald

North get Wright, his salary and pick 5

sets up Suns forward line fir 10 years with King and McDonald.

Watch This Space

Haha haha if that happens , you may as well move north to tasmania

Pretty stoked to get Atkins and Markov on our list. They are moneyball moves which needed to be done. I know I was a bit harsh on Atkins when first linked but I can see both in our starting 22 come round 1. Both add more drive and speed, and of course the main thing, they want to be here.

On Treloar, I’ve loved his game since he was at GWS, he would be a massive get but I’ll be pretty mad if we have to give up pick 5 when they have openly announced he’s disposable. If he does want to come, well we have an a grade clearance machine and it’s gonna be exciting to watch. The bloke just loves getting the footy so expect 30 touches going forward.

Exciting times, hopefully we can get at least 1x A grade this year that would be nice.

On another note, trading pick 11 to Geelong for Jeremy sharp has turned into pick 14 today and brad crouch compo hasn’t been added yet.

Watch This Space
I would love this if it turned out to be the case.

Watch This Space

Any chance that could see Day go to Defence? I'd be keen to see him have a crack down there. Means King gets the number 1 defender each week though. Can't see us playing 3 talls.

Apparently yes going by trade radio , No reason why they couldnt
I thought so too. It will be interesting. Despite Daniher's joke I still think AFL will not give pick 2 to Crows. AFL is happy to support QLD teams, not sure they will do the same for Crows. I's a quite difference for SUNS getting pick 6 instead of pick 5.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We would have to give more then pick 5 and wright, McDonald is head and shoulders above any other forward player in this draft not named JUH. I doubt they would lose him for a fringe best 22 player at best
Pick 5 or 6 (if Crows get pick 2 as compensation) + Wright or Brodie + pick 26 (at the moment) could tempt North/Swans/Hawks?

I reckon we keep him another year then test waters again UNLESS we need to free some cap for a big fish this year.

If he is going to play 2s then his salary is the asset, whether it goes to a big fish this year or we can spread the cash to front load some of our current players contracts and spending the money in future years on a future big fish.

I thought so too. It will be interesting. Despite Daniher's joke I still think AFL will not give pick 2 to Crows. AFL is happy to support QLD teams, not sure they will do the same for Crows. I's a quite difference for SUNS getting pick 6 instead of pick 5.
With the VFL helping out Essendon by unbelievably giving them band one ( pick 7) the Crows have ever right to expect pick 2.
BTW the Giants should be asking for Geelongs 3x 1st rounders if Daniher is worth pick 7, ridiculous

With the VFL helping out Essendon by unbelievably giving them band one ( pick 7) the Crows have ever right to expect pick 2.
BTW the Giants should be asking for Geelongs 3x 1st rounders if Daniher is worth pick 7, ridiculous
GWS got pick 10 for Williams. But at 6 x 900k... its expected..

They only may need one night for the draft... 22 picks in the first round as it stands and that doesn’t include f/s, academy, next gen selections... round 2 picks this year will be like round 3 almost at this rate

Remove this Banner Ad

Back