2020 Draft and Trades Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Just having a flip through the Adelaide board. They seem to want to try and send Crouch our way for pick 5. Would we do it, if Crouch came around to moving north at 600k?
Personally, I would not do it. No hesitation, he is not elite. Definitely not worth pick 5. Probably pick 15 and I am generous. Honestly, Greeenwood was better than him in 2020 and seems like a great fit and character. Brad looks like a mercenary. To do cocaine before asking for his largest contract also shows he is dumb. He may get a lot possessions but with little or no damage, disposal is very suspect. He actually had only 1 good season in his career so far!

Also if we would have no injuries like in 2020, who would Crouch replace in the best 22? You can almost lock in Rowell and Anderson in midfield together with Greenwood, Miller.

The same goes with Phillips is we draft him. We could end up like GWS with Caldwell after 2 years of limited opportunies he is leaving.

Just watching the U17 All Stars from last year. Definitely would prioritise drafting Lake over Jefferey.

Jefferey as a back man will be a massive bust as he physically under developed, doesn't know how to actually defend and doesn't really want to defend, just chase kicks.

Just watching the U17 All Stars from last year. Definitely would prioritise drafting Lake over Jefferey.

Jefferey as a back man will be a massive bust as he physically under developed, doesn't know how to actually defend and doesn't really want to defend, just chase kicks.
Jeffrey came along in leaps and bounds this year, reckon he is comfortably better then Lake

Check out this year NAB Under 18 NT All Stars on youtube. Not even close. Jeffrey was easily the best on the ground. He is also bigger and stronger now. Played mostly forward, great marks and set shots, found his teammates with beautiful kicks, worked actually hard. I got excited watching him.

Jeffrey came along in leaps and bounds this year, reckon he is comfortably better then Lake

Playing against the best in his age group last year he was exposed big time. Watch the game on YouTube.

Who did Jeffrey play against this year, basically nobodies.

Big risk

On another note I wouldn't mind Thilthorpe at #5 - basically 2MP if 2MP could pick the ball up below his knees, had agility and decent pace.

Check out this year NAB Under 18 NT All Stars on youtube. Not even close. Jeffrey was easily the best on the ground. He is also bigger and stronger now. Played mostly forward, great marks and set shots, found his teammates with beautiful kicks, worked actually hard. I got excited watching him.

NT All Stars...how many AFL standard, sorry even NEAFL standard players was he up against?

Playing against the best in his age group last year he was exposed big time. Watch the game on YouTube.

Big risk

On another note I wouldn't mind Thilthorpe at #5 - basically 2MP if 2MP could pick the ball up below his knees, had agility and decent pace.
Lake is as raw as they come, Jeffery is bigger,stronger and faster then Lake. Dominated as a forward this year when he played there for the Wanderers. Kicked multiple bags of 4.
The way he reads the ball and attacks it in the air is very exciting

NT All Stars...how many AFL standard, sorry even NEAFL standard players was he up against?
Lake also played in the game so you can assess their talent. What I saw Jeffrey > Lake but that's just me.

Last edited:
Lake is as raw as they come, Jeffery is bigger,stronger and faster then Lake. Dominated as a forward this year when he played there for the Wanderers. Kicked multiple bags of 4.

At least Lake challenged himself to relocate to SA to play SANFL level football. The kid is committed to developing... time will tell

Big risk

so does Thilthorpe actually take a mark a game?
even just 1 single mark will put him ahead of 2MP

I haven’t watched a lot of Jeffrey but would suggest a lot of his value is in ‘talent’ and projection rather than output to date.

he has also played the full ntfl season in the forward line so may have found it difficult adjusting to a backline role in a one off game.

thikk the risk is pretty low given he is effectively free. If we thought both were thatgood we would pick both.
List numbers pending

Going to get both lake and Jeffrey , no need to compare the pair like super .

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just having a flip through the Adelaide board. They seem to want to try and send Crouch our way for pick 5. Would we do it, if Crouch came around to moving north at 600k?
This never happens, he has selected St Kilda and he will get there

as a bonus them taking him makes it harder for them to come after King

Then welcome to the suns mate, you will fit right in if you ensure you tire significantly in the last 6 games of the season

and yes I am just having a laugh

For you fellow oldies out there
A01EF05A-D3D9-488D-A14E-18C56EA0AD47.jpeg

Kane Cornes and Lloyd saying bombers should chase Ben king and hand over the biggest trade treasure ever.
And they aware he is signed til 2022

I reckon the Crouch compensation was reduced because they tried to manipulate the system by taking 2 players off the Saints

Freo and GWS have agreed to trade for Jesse Hogan

Remove this Banner Ad

Back