2020 Draft and Trades Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

What are people's thoughts on Jake Carlisle - 28 yo, fills a need for a few years but questionable character

What are people's thoughts on Jake Carlisle - 28 yo, fills a need for a few years but questionable character
I thought he was about 30, surprising he's only 28.
Bit of a dodgy character.. wouldn't be super keen.

Is Gleeson injury free?
Can he play on small forwards?

He was good before all those injuries. Strikes me as pretty borderline player to have on a 35 person list. A 25 year old who isn't really best 22.

I don't think Lukosius is playing in defence because we need 3rd tall defenders. More-so that it will allow him to get hands on the ball, have some influence on the game and build some confidence. When our midfield gets a bit more competitive I think we'll see him go forward.
Congrats on a fantastic win tonight. Good to see a really convincing performance.

Gleeson returned from a long term injury last year and immediately hit his straps. He can play small and medium. Has an excellent set of dukes, is a reliable kick and a decent burst of pace. I'd say he's behind Redman and Ridley for us, but wouldbe easily be in the best 22 for a lot of sides.

Interested in Brodie as we need an inside mid with a bit of size. How much time remains on his contract?
What might his worth be?

Congrats on a fantastic win tonight. Good to see a really convincing performance.

Gleeson returned from a long term injury last year and immediately hit his straps. He can play small and medium. Has an excellent set of dukes, is a reliable kick and a decent burst of pace. I'd say he's behind Redman and Ridley for us, but wouldbe easily be in the best 22 for a lot of sides.

Interested in Brodie as we need an inside mid with a bit of size. How much time remains on his contract?
What might his worth be?
With Buderick looking more and more an assured back pocket already perhaps our need for someone like Gleeson is less.

I think the club had recruited McLennan for this role but he hasn’t sniffed an afl game.

Brodies contract as above.

Top 10 pick, showed a bit when played in the midfield but think his lack of versatility and fitness/endurance/spread from contest had prevented him from getting games.

He’s a far better prospect than bonar, that situation is completely different. I’d still want a first round pick for him.

I thought he was about 30, surprising he's only 28.
Bit of a dodgy character.. wouldn't be super keen.
Carlisle looked brilliant at both ends of the ground when he was with us. Hits the pack hard, strong mark and a reasonable kick for goal. He's very competitive as well. Prefers playing back. Not unreasonably had real frustration with EFC at the time when everything turned to shite, but he let it manifest onfield which wasn't good for the team. Shortly after being traded to Saints video emerged of him doing lines. Not sure you want that kind of player around your youngers again.

With Buderick looking more and more an assured back pocket already perhaps our need for someone like Gleeson is less.

I think the club had recruited McLennan for this role but he hasn’t sniffed an afl game.

Brodies contract as above.

Top 10 pick, showed a bit when played in the midfield but think his lack of versatility and fitness/endurance/spread from contest had prevented him from getting games.

He’s a far better prospect than bonar, that situation is completely different. I’d still want a first round pick for him.
Without trying to sound like I'm picking over your list, I'm hoping we enquire about both Wright and Brodie. It just so happens you guys picked up a lot of good young players over the years. Hately, Caldwell, Sier, Shipley are other names being bandied about. Not sure about a first round pick for a fringe player in Brodie. Sounds like something Dodoro and Cameron (Cochrane) would put their sunglasses on to discuss. We apparently enquired about Bonar last trade period but he was too costly, so that in itself might put paid to any ambitions for Brodie.

Without trying to sound like I'm picking over your list, I'm hoping we enquire about both Wright and Brodie. It just so happens you guys picked up a lot of good young players over the years. Hately, Caldwell, Sier, Shipley are other names being bandied about. Not sure about a first round pick for a fringe player in Brodie. Sounds like something Dodoro and Cameron (Cochrane) would put their sunglasses on to discuss. We apparently enquired about Bonar last trade period but he was too costly, so that in itself might put paid to any ambitions for Brodie.

Dodoro's reputation is a big impediment to getting trades done these days. Its not because he's good at his job, it's because he's a prick.

Dodoro's reputation is a big impediment to getting trades done these days. Its not because he's good at his job, it's because he's a prick.
There's some speculation he might be on the outer, given some of the recent fluff about him coming from the club. They're really trying to pump up his profile. Daniher has started more intensive training recently as well, and apparently was smiling a lot, laughing and happy. If Joey decides to stay after all, all will be forgiven at Bomberland. Interesting, many of us look at Harley and Koch more as a couple of pricks.

Wouldn't mind if we had a crack at Jye Caldwell at GWS given they are going to have some cap issues - I'd give our 1st rd pick this year and a nice contract to entice him up here

Wouldn't mind if we had a crack at Jye Caldwell at GWS given they are going to have some cap issues - I'd give our 1st rd pick this year and a nice contract to entice him up here
Yeah, the guy is a weapon.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Watching the Kangaroos v Giants game right now and saw Bailey Scott pop up for a goal just before. Should we chase Bailey later this year and give him the opportunity to come home to be a part of the growing list of locals who want to play for us? It paid off for us when we targeted Weller a few years ago.

Not into Bailey Scott, he got chance to select GCS but prefer North. Weller not eligible and Clayton prefer Peter Wright ahead of him in his draft year. Now weller in best 22 and 2mp not.

Watching the Kangaroos v Giants game right now and saw Bailey Scott pop up for a goal just before. Should we chase Bailey later this year and give him the opportunity to come home to be a part of the growing list of locals who want to play for us? It paid off for us when we targeted Weller a few years ago.

Who's spot would he take? I don't think he is anywhere near our best 22.

Should only be targeting A graders or players who fill a position of need.

Conrats guys.. you have got a ripper in Rowell...My bet is you will be getting the cheque book out as soon as the afl allow it... add the others that haven't been seen yet like Flanders, Sharp and Rankine you really look to have built a solid group of young players. Perhaps your best group ever as its not mainly from one draft but spread over multiple years.

Conrats guys.. you have got a ripper in Rowell...My bet is you will be getting the cheque book out as soon as the afl allow it... add the others that haven't been seen yet like Flanders, Sharp and Rankine you really look to have built a solid group of young players. Perhaps your best group ever as its not mainly from one draft but spread over multiple years.
7AFL reported Rowells 2 year extension is already signed

Jye Caldwell (Will Brodie- on the outer,don't know why Dew don't rate him , Local Alex Davies ), Zac Williams, Xavier O'Halloran (Hanley and Habrow ,Joyce).

Rowell, Anderson and King will get all the plaudits and rightly so but I think the improvement will be largely on the shoulders of Bowes, Macpherson, Powell, Fiorini, Ballard becoming legitimate AFL quality players rather than just talented youngsters that wouldn't get a game elsewhere

Jye Caldwell (Will Brodie- on the outer,don't know why Dew don't rate him , Local Alex Davies ), Zac Williams, Xavier O'Halloran (Hanley and Habrow ,Joyce).

Looking at the way we played on Sat night maybe the reason Brodie on the outer is he can't bring that heat when the ball gets outside the contest given his reported lack of gut running.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back