2020 Draft and Trades Thread

Mt Isa Mustang

Cancelled
Dream Team Club Board Winner
Nov 23, 2019
AFL Club
Gold Coast
I don't think we will do much in terms of a surprise pick.

Cameron, unlike ******* Clayton, doesn't seem to overreach when he has a decent draft pick and just takes best available rather than passing on a Merrett or a Matt Crouch for Jack Leslie.
Haha so bad

Peel67skin

Norm Smith Medallist
May 21, 2017
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Liverpool
I won't take any Sydney delisted players , if they want in , go to supplement selection draft, which mean train with the club with no guarantee of a spot on AFL list , some of these players just need to go to VFL or other state league to prove themselves again - Collins , Holman .

27 years old 186 cm medium defender . Isn't it Murdoch playing that role with reserve .

Last edited:

Peel67skin

Norm Smith Medallist
May 21, 2017
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Liverpool
you think they'll give them another year in the academy and then match bids next year for them? That is if nobody bids on them in this draft.
Not many club want to commit to a player for two years (ND draft ) with minimum list spots in this year draft- minum exposure . Rookie list also mostly for delisted players - maybe for a year and get rid of them next year if they are not good enough to vacate list spot .

* Next year with national u19 , VFL , Nab league , recruiters are more confident in picking up players , especially in the ND draft.

Last edited:
Not many club want to commit to a player for two years (ND draft ) with minimum list spots in this year draft- minum exposure . Rookie list also mostly for delisted players - maybe for a year and get rid of them next year if they are not good enough to vacate list spot .

* Next year with national u19 , VFL , Nab league , recruiters are more confident in picking up players , especially in the ND draft.
Yeah, that's a fair point. very tough to decide on players this year.

Peel67skin

Norm Smith Medallist
May 21, 2017
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Liverpool
Yeah, that's a fair point. very tough to decide on players this year.
The delisting, downgrade to rookie list and upgrade to senior list is the most difficult part next year. Also don't know what to do with Thompson if bad luck continue to follow him ( still four year contract to run)

The delisting, downgrade to rookie list and upgrade to senior list is the most difficult part next year. Also don't know what to do with Thompson if bad luck continue to follow him ( still four year contract to run)
3 years I think. 2023 I believe he extended his contract to. But I do worry about him. Two ACLS one after another isn't pleasant especially at his age. 30 in march.

Sep 25, 2012
Brisbane
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
OKC, Chelsea FC, Raiders
Victorian Draft bolter.. sneaky chance to the Hawks.
Would change up the top super 5!

And gives Suns a extra option of choosing between 2 of the supposed super 5 instead of whoever was left.

Have a bad feeling in my gut that we may take a look at Zac Reid if GDB is off the board. Don’t know why, but I feel like he may be a lot higher on a fair few recruiters draft boards than he is in the media. Wouldn’t be the only one either, I think there may be a few surprises in the top 10. Will be an interesting draft, that’s for sure.

Have a bad feeling in my gut that we may take a look at Zac Reid if GDB is off the board. Don’t know why, but I feel like he may be a lot higher on a fair few recruiters draft boards than he is in the media. Wouldn’t be the only one either, I think there may be a few surprises in the top 10. Will be an interesting draft, that’s for sure.
That wouldn't be a bad thing. Reid would definitely be a need. 202 cm defender

Jan 27, 2014
Melbourne
AFL Club
Gold Coast

If that’s the case could do a deal with Essendon for pick 8
And a future third for pick 5..

With a behind doors agreement on them not taking Reid.

Essendon get one of the super 5! And we get our KPP and future points

Oct 19, 2017
AFL Club
Gold Coast
I think we won’t see to many surprises tomorrow;

- Davies, Jeffrey, Lake and Johnston Cat A
- Ace Cat B

I reckon we will leave a spot up our sleeves for mid season pick ups

Fyfe, Pescud to unfortunately miss out and play academy

Peel67skin

Norm Smith Medallist
May 21, 2017
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Liverpool
My prediction
- Only Davies and Jeffrey get pre-listed.
- Ace already Cat B last year so don't need to do anything.

Back