2020 Draft and Trades Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

This will appeal to Mr Bods I'm sure.........taken from the 2020 Big Footy Draft...

Draft Order

1. Adelaide - Elijah Hollands
2. North Melbourne - Riley Thilthorpe
3. Western Bulldogs - Jamarra Ugle-Hagan (matched bid)
4. Sydney - Logan McDonald
5. Hawthorn - Denver Grainger-Barras
6. Gold Coast - Will Phillips

No way in hell would Thilthorpe go before McDonald if Kangaroos are picking.

Wow , can't even put to rookie list next year . 5 years 0-10 games. Can't even rated him because of injuries .

A guy on the suns fans Facebook page just posted this
Have heard we have a few options re draft,
1) we may still trade Pick 27 and go into the season with 37 main list and 12 rookies
2) we may elevate the following players to fill 5 spots and trade 27 , Budarick, Conroy, Holman, Rosa and Oea
3) we will only take Jeffrey and Davies as academy selections
4) the remaining rookies will be mature age recruits
5) one of them is Cyril Rioli
[/QUOTE]
1) Basically Facebook copy BF
2) BF copy Facebook or social media
* Rise and repeat .

1) we may still trade Pick 27 and go into the season with 37 main list and 12 rookies
2) we may elevate the following players to fill 5 spots and trade 27 , Budarick, Conroy, Holman, Rosa and Oea
[/QUOTE]

That’s a lot of BS you have been fed there. Ace will stay Cat B rookie with Towey, We have 6 spots, Jeffrey, Davies and Pick 5 are three gone. I would expect 27 has been kept open in case we take it to the draft and the only 2 might be additional pre listings

[/QUOTE]

Most of that seems unlikely. Using pick 27 could still be an option, but I doubt it is the preferred option. Trade it if we can. One of the reasons we’ve got extra rookie spots is for our Academy graduates, so we need to use it for them. What is the point of promoting Conroy & Ace to the primary list at this stage? Rioli sounds like a pipe dream, but we probably have asked if he’s interested.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Most of that seems unlikely. Using pick 27 could still be an option, but I doubt it is the preferred option. Trade it if we can. One of the reasons we’ve got extra rookie spots is for our Academy graduates, so we need to use it for them. What is the point of promoting Conroy & Ace to the primary list at this stage? Rioli sounds like a pipe dream, but we probably have asked if he’s interested.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
[/QUOTE]
I believe its a money thing , Ace and Conroy (who I think has to be elevated) would be on less money would swap with two demoted players on less money. Think we have three category Bs atm, Ace, Murtagh and Towey so one has to be elevated. Totally agree with you about the academy kids, you guys have a much more talented bunch than us (best group I have seen) and really should be taking at least two. Otherwise it is against the spirit of the whole extra spots thing. At the moment half your spots are filled with guys you probably gave one year too many on their contracts. Rioli is apparently a big chance

seemed to make sense to why you would demote four players yet still only have one selection at the draft
Before the demote news come out , i only guess three players get demote ( Harbrow , Murdoch and hombsch) , that is guess not claiming i knew any internal news ,pure luck.

Wow , can't even put to rookie list next year . 5 years 0-10 games. Can't even rated him because of injuries .
I don't know why you create a big fuzz about it ;)
Think that Smith was demoted indicates Conroy will be elevated
Who knows. You could have e.g. Holman promoted, Davies and Jeffrey to go directly to senior list, use picks 5 and 27 in draft and only Budarick promoted from last year pre-listed players. That would left 2 rookie spots available. Both of them or only one possibly left for mature de-listed player, pre-season, rookie, mid-season drafts.

Just annoyed that there is still no announcement on promotion to senior list and this year pre-listing. When?

My guess is we pre-list 3 players - Davies ,Jeffrey, ?
One spot left empty.

I don't know why you create a big fuzz about it ;)

Who knows. You could have e.g. Holman promoted, Davies and Jeffrey to go directly to senior list, use picks 5 and 27 in draft and only Budarick promoted from last year pre-listed players. That would left 2 rookie spots available. Both of them or only one possibly left for mature de-listed player, pre-season, rookie, mid-season drafts.

Just annoyed that there is still no announcement on promotion to senior list and this year pre-listing. When?

My guess is we pre-list 3 players - Davies ,Jeffrey, ?
One spot left empty.
Hahaha , a big fuzz because signed for 5 years black and white that is real , not BF phantom where variable can be change where you and i can participate in it if we want.

Last edited:
Hahaha , a big fuzz because signed for 5 years black and white that is real , not BF phantom where variable can be change where you and i can participate in it if we want.
You've got to have a lemon or two on the list people can fuzz about ;)

Rory will probably retire if he can't get on the park later next year. With our new smart list management he should be on peanuts in the last 2 years of his contract anyway :)

By the way, his daughter will be our KPD in 20 years. Better treat Rory with respect.

Last edited:
When he's on the park you know you're getting one of the most rock solid defenders in the game.

Yeah the come back from knee issues would be a concern but you know that being a veteran and a local one club boy he's not going to be on huge coin, I'd rather have him on the list than some of the woeful KPD list cloggers we've had in the past.

One of the most important players the club has ever had, Don't @ me.

When he's on the park you know you're getting one of the most rock solid defenders in the game.

Yeah the come back from knee issues would be a concern but you know that being a veteran and a local one club boy he's not going to be on huge coin, I'd rather have him on the list than some of the woeful KPD list cloggers we've had in the past.

One of the most important players the club has ever had, Don't @ me.
Well fair enough , you got your preference i have mine . I think he is an injured list clogger. If i rated him like you i would do the same .

Gee haven't seen this much heat on a board since Leppitsch was coach on ours
Is more about ego problem nothing much with heat , if i put him in by best 22 this year hoping he come back from injuries and rated Thompson highly i will do the same . Nobody want to admit they are wrong , i am no different.

* I never rated Thompson highly like some other do not because of his skill or character but his availability to play .

Remove this Banner Ad

Back