2020 Draft and Trades Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

I like Barras alot but he is much the same on what we already have. I have no issues drafting him but he isn't a number 1 key defender. He is a number 2 like Collins. Best suited to intercepting and coming off his man to help. We really need a lockdown number 1 defender (Rory) going forward to make the most of Collins and Ballards strengths

I like Barras alot but he is much the same on what we already have. I have no issues drafting him but he isn't a number 1 key defender. He is a number 2 like Collins. Best suited to intercepting and coming off his man to help. We really need a lockdown number 1 defender (Rory) going forward to make the most of Collins and Ballards strengths
Disagree. He has future number one KPD written all over him.

James Brayshaw IQ = 4

Clubs seem to be moving away from shutdown defenders, you need to have skills outside of just being able to negate someone. Look at the best defenders, Darcy Moore, McGovern they all have other strings to their bow. I don't think you can rely on a player just to be a good negator anymore. Just like these days in Soccer, goal keepers need to be good with their feet. Defenders need to be able to peel off and take marks instead of just spoiling.

There is no reason you can't be a good negating defender AND a good intercepting defender.
Players may be earmarked to certain roles but think skills can be translatable.

I still want to keep Brodie but IF he is going to be moved I think a key defender would be a trade target.

I really want minimal changes at all. I don't want to lose wright, or brodie, or any of our players. I want to use this year to breathe from a list management perspective, watch who is doing what, and make some moves at the end of next year. We've got our talent, let's hold, watch it, and then next year we can make some tweaks.

Use the draft, maybe even trade for futures, stockpile our picks and let our current group of under 21s take their game to the next level before adding talent that will be probably playing 2s for a while

On SM-G960W using BigFooty.com mobile app
Article in GC bulletin that one of your leading draft hopefuls can't play in the academy series due to a technicality. Behind paywall , does anyone know who it is

(Log in to remove this ad.)

One article mentions Josh Fahey who is a former Giants academy prospect but has since moved to the GC and no longer able to be an academy selectional although is eligible to play for the allies

He's playing 2nd tall at the moment though.
I reckon there's still a place for Rory-just -as the one of the 3 talls
Luko can at least temporarily take the Hanley role
Ballard would be even better as third tall. Mainly intercepting and coming off his man. Things he is good at. Luko as a pure rebounder would be brilliant

Budarick Rory Harbs
Chucky Collo Luko

hard not to like that
We need a Harbrow replacement at the end of this year though. I can see Harbrow falling off a cliff next year as he looks to have lost a turn of pace this year.

James Brayshaw IQ = 4

We need a Harbrow replacement at the end of this year though. I can see Harbrow falling off a cliff next year as he looks to have lost a turn of pace this year.

James Brayshaw IQ = 4
It's like not wanting to think about your dog dying:(
Was so hoping he could play a final for us but he might be a season shy I agree

Didn't know he was a rebounding HB? Lol

Let alone the fact he can't play a season. We can't rely on Rory.

James Brayshaw IQ = 4
I'm not too concerned that he doesn't have a few years left. I think once he is back he will be alright. But he allows Collins to do what he does best, ballard the 3rd tall, allows sharp, lukocius, budarick, ellis, anderson to play really offensively

On SM-G960W using BigFooty.com mobile app

Remove this Banner Ad

Back