2020 Draft and Trades Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

The top 10 players seem to be inside mids.
Plus we have Davies coming in.
Last thing we need is more inside mids who can’t play anywhere else on the ground.
Aka Fiorini Brodie Miller Rowell
Elijah Hollands is a Noah Anderson type.

Elijah Hollands is a Noah Anderson type.
And he’s also done his acl.

Take Davies and the best KPD available or power forward
Riley Thilthorpe from SA. Is a 199cm ruck forward. He would be a genuine pick number 1 candidate.

There aren’t any tall KPD at the very top end of the draft. Denver Granger-Barras is considered to best KPD, but he’s more your third tall height. Needs to grow 5cm or 6cm.

And he’s also done his acl.

Riley Thilthorpe from SA. Is a 199cm ruck forward. He would be a genuine pick number 1 candidate.

There aren’t any tall KPD at the very top end of the draft. Denver Granger-Barras is considered to best KPD, but he’s more your third tall height. Needs to grow 5cm or 6cm.
It looks to me like Thilthorpe would be the obvious choice. King can go back.

No need for King to go back unless you think 2MP or Day are going to break out as forwards?
Thilthorpe would play forward with Luko, Wright. Point is that we can have King play as a key defender long term so we can get another key forward instead of key defender in this year draft especially when Thilthorpe can play in ruck too.

Thilthorpe has been my Lions draft wish for 2020 since early last year.

Just like Ben Ainsworth was a year out, and then Rankine was 18 months out. And I spent much of the end of 2018, and the beginning of 2019 talking up Sam Flanders on the Lions board.

Almost every year, the Suns end up drafting the kid I really want at the Lions.

I don't see the point of moving Ben king back, Thilthorpe will come in and replace Peter Wright. With his age and salary I think GCS will be happy to ship 2MP out ( most probably Essendon - Daniher replacement). 2mp might not work out well with GCS but Essendon I can see him improve.

Thilthorpe has been my Lions draft wish for 2020 since early last year.
Just like Ben Ainsworth was a year out, and then Rankine was 18 months out. And I spent much of the end of 2018, and the beginning of 2019 talking up Sam Flanders on the Lions board.

Almost every year, the Suns end up drafting the kid I really want at the Lions.
Sounds like you should just bite the bullet & transfer your allegiance to the Sunnyboys.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Thilthorpe would play forward with Luko, Wright. Point is that we can have King play as a key defender long term so we can get another key forward instead of key defender in this year draft especially when Thilthorpe can play in ruck too.
eDPS reporting DGB has grown to legitimate KPP height.

Charlie as a tall running wingman yes please
Playing a Mitch Robinson defensive winger role
Running back with the flight to intercept marks.
I'm not sure whether he has the pace to play this role to be honest, but at this point im all for optimistic thinking.

If lists are cut, we may be more interested in experienced players squeezed out of other clubs rather than more teenagers.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back