2020 Draft and Trades Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Miller 50th in the comp for possessions
More than Cripps, Taranto, Hopper, Yeo, Worpel, Dunkley..
I think he finds enough ball for someone who is probably a defensive midfielder.
Potentially Miller is a good lock down backman. Gets plenty of ball in the mids but tends to spray a lot of them and the panic moves through the younger kids. I'd take Cripps, Taranto, Hopper, Yeo, Worpel or Dunkley over Touk any day as a mid fielder.

Davies and Jeffrey are effort younger players this draft... let’s throw everything at Rory Laird
These two Academy kids should be all the young talent we need to bring in so I agree - use our high trade picks and some players to secure what we need down back and one more in the middle. Win and we keep the young kids happy - keep losing and I know what will happen in 18 months time.

So if Rory Laird play like crap with GCS , is it close shop. People acting like getting laird will automatic mean winning. How many GCS trade hit and misses from 10 years ago. . Players are more desperate not to get delisted this year, if you don't need to paid more, then don't.

Miller 50th in the comp for possessions
More than Cripps, Taranto, Hopper, Yeo, Worpel, Dunkley..
I think he finds enough ball for someone who is probably a defensive midfielder.

Half those players have missed games

These two Academy kids should be all the young talent we need to bring in so I agree - use our high trade picks and some players to secure what we need down back and one more in the middle. Win and we keep the young kids happy - keep losing and I know what will happen in 18 months time.
I would look at Josh Gore and Jack Johnstone as well as they fit two needs the ability to kick multiple goals and to play on a tall forward. Remember Davies and Jeffery have basically played one game in a year and are probably not ready to play AFL till 2022. Think a few academy kids could be delisted this year so you probably want to replace them with local products

I would look at Josh Gore and Jack Jack Johnstone as well as they fit two needs the ability to kick multiple goals and to play on a tall forward. Remember Davies and Jeffery have basically played one game in a year and are probably not ready to play AFL till 2022
Two is enough, don't have the list spots for everybody, don't mind them if AFL extend rookie B list spots.

Greenwood, Weller and Touk would still be part of the rotations. Wouldn’t be wise to play all three kids there at once all the time ( although Rowell already plays like a 150 gamer). Spitta could pinch hit and play up forward in his time left.
If Brodie goes, wondering if they see Alex Davies as that replacement tall inside mid? Has a bit more speed than Will.

Greenwood will be 29 before the start of next season. Odds are we will only get another 2 quality years out of him, so would line up with Davies timeline to spend 2 years developing in the reserves before being cherry ripe to transition into the senior team in his year 3.

I would only trade that 1st rd pick if it is for an A grade player (e.g. Lachie Neale, Adam Treloar).

You don't want to have to give up that pick for an unproven player like a Lachie Weller scenario

Potentially Miller is a good lock down backman. Gets plenty of ball in the mids but tends to spray a lot of them and the panic moves through the younger kids. I'd take Cripps, Taranto, Hopper, Yeo, Worpel or Dunkley over Touk any day as a mid fielder.
Yeah, Would take all of them aswell.
The statement from Ben was that our mids don’t find enough ball. That’s what I was commenting on
I think having good ball users down back is also very important.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Possessions per game not total possessions
The same thing, the more you play the more match conditions you get and divide by games. Rowell pre injuries possessions per game is better than all those you mentioned too.

Don't want to discuss about players you can't get, waste of time. Target one and hit it hard.

Lachie Hunter isn't untouchable.

He would be gettable if you are prepared to overpay.

Bloke who crashed his car and fled the scene of a crime is not really the type we are after (unless he is a Luke Hodge type player).

Lachie Hunter isn't untouchable.

He would be gettable if you are prepared to overpay.

Bloke who crashed his car and fled the scene of a crime is not really the type we are after (unless he is a Luke Hodge type player).
My bad, Don't want to overpaid car crasher.

Pretty boring, ship Zac Smith to GWS to replace Jacob.

to be completely honest, i don't give a flying * about the draft this year. i'm sick of the draft being the best part about our season.

unless we trade picks away for experience, another 18 year old kid (unless they're matt rowell's clone) isn't going to inspire hope in me anymore. i've seen it all before...

I would only trade that 1st rd pick if it is for an A grade player (e.g. Lachie Neale, Adam Treloar).

You don't want to have to give up that pick for an unproven player like a Lachie Weller scenario
I heard we suggested Treloar for pick 1 last year and it was knocked back by you guys.

How how Treloar for pick 5 look this year?

He seems to have taken his game up another notch this year (all in averages per game):
- 1st in disposals
- 1st in contested possessions
- 7th in clearances
- 3rd in metres gained (out of all mids)
- Bear in mind he accomplished all of this despite his injured game, and much lower Time on Ground compared to Neale, Petrcca, Macrae etc

Remove this Banner Ad

Back