2020 Draft and Trades Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

It would be alot easier to recruit Perryman but Merrett is 24 , 2x B&F winner, Leadership material and a massive ball getter who runs both ways. Basically Fiorini if he lost 5kg
I think going after so many players and get none or GhS or Murdoch type in the end is embarrassing. You need to at least show something to attract player in. I don't think Gold Coast sun show enough to attract Merrett type of player. Who was GCS best and fairest. Why don't other club get GCS best and fairest instead of injured May and lynch, Lyon, ah Cher, scrimshaw.

Last edited:
I think going after so many players and get none or GhS or Murdoch type in the end is embarrassing.
Well the club haven't openly targeted anyone yet. I can because i'm a fan and they are all available at the moment for the right price. We have the trading currency to get it done and if the intel is true there are a few players around the league interested in us.

Well the club haven't openly targeted anyone yet. I can because i'm a fan and they are all available at the moment for the right price. We have the trading currency to get it done and if the intel is true there are a few players around the league interested in us.
I did not said you can't , all I'm saying is no point depend on Intel , Zac Williams already choose Carlton . Pretty obvious A grade players are pretty picky on their destination club.

I did not said you can't , all I'm saying is no point depend on Intel , Zac Williams already choose Carlton . Pretty obvious A grade players are pretty picky on their destination club.
Btw , Carlton just re rookied two players, have a feeling all clubs will cut 4 players , this will mean 40 main list, 2 category A rookies (GC will prob have 6) and 3 category B rookies, Total list size 45 (49 GC)

Btw , Carlton just re rookied two players, have a feeling all clubs will cut 4 players , this will mean 40 main list, 2 category A rookies (GC will prob have 6) and 3 category B rookies, Total list size 45 (49 GC)

I reckon the suns just cut the list to 46 now we have enough deadwood to warrant it

just finished my show, Mitch cleary dropped a watch this space on Burgess and Corbett in the Trade/Delisting window.
Interesting indeed. I thought Corbett was ok in the lead up role this year, wouldn't be crushed if he left but he definitely has something to offer.

Burgess is good depth, but probably nothing more.

Interesting indeed. I thought Corbett was ok in the lead up role this year, wouldn't be crushed if he left but he definitely has something to offer.

Burgess is good depth, but probably nothing more.

Both signed 4 year contracts when they joined. Burgess I thought would be a good trade option with Adelaide

Both signed 4 year contracts when they joined. Burgess I thought would be a good trade option with Adelaide
just finished my show, Mitch cleary dropped a watch this space on Burgess and Corbett in the Trade/Delisting window.

I would of thought be lucky to get a third Rd pick for either of them.

Suns must have some plans for KPP depth.. going forward.

Corbett shows he had a role with us late this year. He's in the 22 with no injuries. Would be surprised if we got rid of him.

I never minded Burgess as a third tall, but we have those in abundance.

If we get rid of Corbett and trade away 2MP, we better be damn sure King is hanging around. Otherwise we'll end up with Day as our only key forward. :/

And no, I wouldn't play Luko up there.

I rated both Burgess and Corbett ,you need role players and minimum salary paided to them to balance the book .

Last edited:
With all the academy players and first generation players the old points for picks really comes into play this year... so bundling could be King this year

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I rated both Burgess and Corbett ,you need role players and minimum salary paided to them to balance the book .
Burgess may be demoted to rookie for final years of contract , sounds like 5 Academy players could be delisted when the Suns goal was to have more, think Davies is a certainty while Gore has performed well in Qafl and they will lose him if not selected. Any other academy possibles and NT selections apart from Jeffery

Burgess may be demoted to rookie for final years of contract , sounds like 5 Academy players could be delisted when the Suns goal was to have more, think Davies is a certainty while Gore has performed well in Qafl and they will lose him if not selected. Any other academy possibles and NT selections apart from Jeffery
With many recruiting up in QLD, I wouldn't be surprised if clubs have taken a look at Gore.
17 goals in 8 games (minus finals).
I would love him at the pies. Desperately need a crumbing forward who is good at stoppages and pressure. It seems he has taken his game up to the next level this year. Always talked about in every game.

With many recruiting up in QLD, I wouldn't be surprised if clubs have taken a look at Gore.
17 goals in 8 games (minus finals).
I would love him at the pies. Desperately need a crumbing forward who is good at stoppages and pressure. It seems he has taken his game up to the next level this year. Always talked about in every game.
Gore could be the feel good story for us like Keidean Coleman has been for Brisbane this year. Both had their opportunities to leave their respective academies to chase a higher standard of football elsewhere but elected to stay a part of the academy program as an overager and blossomed in their 19th year. I'd like to see us rookie list Gore with our automatic zone access this year and I agree with you that another club is likely to pick him up this year with many recruiters in QLD this year and seeing him first hand.

Gore could be the feel good story for us like Keidean Coleman has been for Brisbane this year. Both had their opportunities to leave their respective academies to chase a higher standard of football elsewhere but elected to stay a part of the academy program as an overager and blossomed in their 19th year. I'd like to see us rookie list Gore with our automatic zone access this year and I agree with you that another club is likely to pick him up this year with many recruiters in QLD this year and seeing him first hand.
He'll be playing in this weekend' QAFL Grand Final, and with the bye week for the AFL, I imagine there would be many scouts at this game.
yeah, hopefully they prelist him. Or they may find themselves with a bid at some point in the draft and have to decide whether or not to match. Otherwise they could lose a local to a rival interstate club.

Brodie lake
On road to the draft podcast they said could go top 30 even.
likened his style of play to Whitfield. Obviously not same quality though.

GC academy players I wanted Max pescud, Alex Davies, NT players Brodie Lakes and Jeffrey. As for Gore I think he is good but sometimes a bit over hype here, I don't think he will be taken by other club with list cut, want to see more in VFL be it with GC or other club . Could be automatically rookie B if not drafted by other club in ND draft.

He'll be playing in this weekend' QAFL Grand Final, and with the bye week for the AFL, I imagine there would be many scouts at this game.
yeah, hopefully they prelist him. Or they may find themselves with a bid at some point in the draft and have to decide whether or not to match. Otherwise they could lose a local to a rival interstate club.
I don't think any interstate club will be interested in Gore due to list cut , maybe only north Melbourne as they already cut 11. SA and WA league 1have proven to be gold mine for mature age players, Liam Ryan, Tim Kelly, callum Wilkins.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back