2020 Draft and Trades Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Don't need a star back pocket / back flanker, just need an adult in the room who knows what he's doing.

I was thinking even a Gleason from Essendon before I heard about Broad, but he'll do.

I can't explain in words how bad Harbrow has been this year and we need an AFL standard footballer ASAP.

Out of interest what would people think of this trade/FA package:

Suns get: Brad Crouch + Matt Crouch + future crows 2nd rd pick (with Crows paying half of Matt Crouch's $800k salary for next year)

Crows: GC 2020 1st rd pick + maybe also Will Brodie and his bloated salary

Suns get: Brad Crouch + Matt Crouch + future crows 2nd rd pick (with Crows paying half of Matt Crouch's $800k salary for next year)

nah dont want matt crouch for any money

No way.. would never give up our first pick especially seeing we have a good crop of academy kids coming up we need picks

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How bloated is his salary ?

Do you guys think Brodie will be leaving and is it a coach/player not clicking or is he not the player he was as a junior
might be a reasonable swap Broad/Brodie

How bloated is his salary ?

Do you guys think Brodie will be leaving and is it a coach/player not clicking or is he not the player he was as a junior
might be a reasonable swap Broad/Brodie

IMO Brodie has never been given a real crack and continually told to work on things.. yes early days didn’t have the tank but I reckon if he was given a good 4/5 games like some other players have got instead of in for 1 or 2 then out for 10 he’d give it a real crack and we saw what he had before he got injured in that Carlton game

IMO Brodie has never been given a real crack and continually told to work on things.. yes early days didn’t have the tank but I reckon if he was given a good 4/5 games like some other players have got instead of in for 1 or 2 then out for 10 he’d give it a real crack and we saw what he had before he got injured in that Carlton game
For Brodie career good I do a straight swap with Broad , not easy but playing in reserve won't help him . If list cut is true and no more rookie A but only B , i think for long term is a good swap . 2020 draft ,1 first round plus alex Davies and Jeffery will be on draft salary for two year .

GCS need some breathing salary cap space once lukosius , Rankine and Ben king actual salary kick in next year . 2021 Ballard and Powell will be out of contract.

Last edited:

Wasn't it reported the suns were no longer interested in Brad Crouch? If you are, it would likely not be the lucrative deal that he would demand if he were to move.

And having both Crouch brothers at your club is the worst thing any club can do. When they're both playing, all they do is give the ball to each other without really caring about anything else. Besides, Brad is injury prone and Matt is bad enough on his own. Even at their best, you don't need them, especially when suns already have younger and (potentially) better mids.

If we can get Thompson up and running it will unlock so much for the rest of our side

- Collins can play CHB and play more as an interceptor
- Ballard can play 3rd tall and continue to intercept with Collins
- Luko could be moved up the ground to a wing

Next year if we can add a Broad type back who can play on small and mediums it should allow us to rotate Bowes in to the mids with Bowes/Swallow/Weller rotating from ball / wing / half back, as we definitely need more rotations.

I was saying to my son today if we had Rampe and Lloyd l think we would be flat out on top undefeated.
We did try for Lloyd two years ago, was pretty flat we didn't get him would be perfect fit. Very composured and uses the ball very well. Rampe is on the next level he is playing with a broken hand and playing on the #1 forward every week. Shut J.Cameron up this week and did well on Lynch and few others recently

We did try for Lloyd two years ago, was pretty flat we didn't get him would be perfect fit. Very composured and uses the ball very well. Rampe is on the next level he is playing with a broken hand and playing on the #1 forward every week. Shut J.Cameron up this week and did well on Lynch and few others recently
Rampe is an absolute jet. He would be an amazing fit for us.

As long as we hold onto our first rounder this year, get Davies and Jeffrey as academy sections we are already ahead on Claytons days. Can’t see us doing much moving and shaking in the trade period with our list. Stability is what we have craved so let’s have it. On a side note will be disappointing to see Schoenfeld delisted

Remove this Banner Ad

Back