2020 Draft and Trades Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Any idea what time into the podcast they talk about it?
This is the GCSUNScast I meant.
Was mentioned more than once.
They were talking about it as I drove onto the m1 at Woolloongabba.
Can’t recall the minute off the top of my head.

When did Pete kick 60 goals?
Pete and Brown have a very similar stat line at the same games exp and age. Plus 2MP plays ruck.

Wouldn't be interested in him for the same reason North arent: a game style that isn't suited for lead up forwards. If it was then Luko would be still playing there.

brown is a mark on the lead forward.
So is king really
I’d be worried they are not diverse enough to complement each other.
I wouldn’t be against brown coming but I’d be nervous to see how it worked.

No doubt in my mind that king needs a more mature sidekick that actually has influence and presence. Is brown that guy? Unsure.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ben Brown when up and about is a great player.
However, we would have to pay him 700k?? to underutilise him and kick it on his head all game and get a 2020 like performance from him.

That money would be much better spent on a KPD/rebounding defender/midfielder that suits our style.

I don't know that keeping Day and 2MP is the right thing to do long term either, I am guessing Dewy is not going to press 2MP to be best 22 so we need to trade him or he will leave anyway I suspect same as Will - these guys aren't on Dewy's radar long term as players he see's in our ultimate team in my opinion Time to have the real conversations with them and give them a better opportunity to play in a team that does give them game time and give us some more currency to bring in player (s) that Dew will use
Pretty sure they are going to persist with Sam Day so I think we need another up forward option in addition, no Ben Brown for mine
In regards to our back stocks does Nathan Broad, if he comes, add enough to our back 6 assuming all the current guys stay?
Surely with Atkins likely coming and the royal carrot back from injury we have enough midfield depth?

Any State league Ricardi type will do for me . That kid can mark and kick . GWS drafted Sam Taylor and Riccardi around 2nd and third round pick . GCS is great in wasting 2nd Rd and 3rd Rd pick . First round pick - will Brodie , Peter Wright , scrimshaw , ah Chee, Kolo . Wasted money on GHS, Murdoch , Corey Ellis type.

Last edited:
Ben Brown when up and about is a great player.
However, we would have to pay him 700k?? to underutilise him and kick it on his head all game and get a 2020 like performance from him.

That money would be much better spent on a KPD/rebounding defender/midfielder that suits our style.
He was offered $750K a year for 4 at the start of the year and knocked it back.
He'd be lucky to get a $400K a year offer now.
I'd only look at him if it's that price range and as a back up to King.
I still believe Ben could end up a great defender at some stage.

Well at least he was given one last chance when all the young blokes were completely cooked in the Carlton game.
Oh wait what.
We seem to have an issue with big bodied inside mids getting a game. Miles and possibly Brodie both heading to greener pastures and should have been used to give the smaller bodies a rest. Lyons like in some ways.

How things have changed, remember not long ago when all we were doing after the season ends was waiting to see who was leaving and requesting trades out, now we dont hear a peep of anyone wanting to leave just who we will bring in - can't forget how much things have changed for the better on player and team contentment

Remove this Banner Ad

Back