2020 Draft and Trades Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

I am hoping Thompson do something, not sure how much he earn but at least negotiate with GCS , every AFL injured players out of contract get delisted , yet he get paid not playing ( could be rookie two to three players)

I am hoping Thompson do something, not sure how much he earn but at least negotiate with GCS , every AFL injured players out of contract get delisted , yet he get paid not playing ( could be rookie two to three players)
He'd be on a fair pay cheque with no 100% guarantee of playing next year (or ever again). Hard decision on Rory coming up either this year or the one after.

Talk of Daniel Talia maybe looking at leaving Crows.

Is 29 next month, out of contract next year, Crows drafted a key back with their 1st pick last year. If Crows hold him another year they won't get much for him as FA compensation.

Sun's have a coaching connection with the Crows so may be gettable for a 2nd Rd pick.

Probably only has 3 good years left but certainly would make the defense markedly better from next year onwards.

7 suns delisted, no real surprised there for me except for Joyce. Thought he might be kept on as depth at the very least. His fall has been great.

Unfortunately just really struggled to take the next step. Good ball user when on but never quite nailed down the defensive part of being a small defender. Some of his frustrations last year were poor to see. Compare him and Powell and it's like apples/oranges.

Still, surprised to see him go outright. Maybe we re-rookie him if we have the list space?

So that's 7 delisted + 2 retired.

Is 29 next month, out of contract next year, Crows drafted a key back with their 1st pick last year. If Crows hold him another year they won't get much for him as FA compensation.

Sun's have a coaching connection with the Crows so may be gettable for a 2nd Rd pick.

Probably only has 3 good years left but certainly would make the defense markedly better from next year onwards.
Linked to Essendon, given he played with Ben Rutten. Who wants him.

Would be a perfect pick-up.

Seems to just be linked with going back? to Melbourne though.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So what happened to all this talk about players being really impressed with GC weather and lifestyle when up in here in hub life and wanting to come up here.
Who said its not true? Not trade period yet.

So that puts list to 42( i think) would be at least another 4 maybe 5 to leave/traded/delisted
A bit of talent has been delisted there, feel for them as there are still a couple of players left on the list that have little hope of playing next year.

There is supposed to be only 42 positions on the list according to Jon Ralph , 36 main, 4 rookie A and 2 category B (suns could be more on rookies)

Hopefully both the Suns and GWS will fill the category B spots with local academy kids rather than dart board shots with International and imports from other sports , with the reduction in the soft cap the coaching is not there to develop these players anymore

Maybe Murdoch and Wright + Brodie get traded.
Yeah Murdoch would be lucky to hold his spot
A bit of talent has been delisted there, feel for them as there are still a couple of players left on the list that have little hope of playing next year.

There is supposed to be only 42 positions on the list , 36 main, 4 rookie A and 2 category B (suns could be more on rookies)

Hopefully both the Suns nad GWS will fill the category B spots with local academy kids rather than dart board shots with International and imports from other spots , with the reduction in the soft cap the coaching is not there to develop these players anymore
Only Riordan and Joyce are possible AFL talent out of that group of delistings IMO
Fletcher was okay but doesn't have any stand out traits. Will be a solid state league player tho. The rest aren't up to scratch as AFL players

7 suns delisted, no real surprised there for me except for Joyce. Thought he might be kept on as depth at the very least. His fall has been great.

Unfortunately just really struggled to take the next step. Good ball user when on but never quite nailed down the defensive part of being a small defender. Some of his frustrations last year were poor to see. Compare him and Powell and it's like apples/oranges.

Still, surprised to see him go outright. Maybe we re-rookie him if we have the list space?

So that's 7 delisted + 2 retired.
Yeah Joyce seems like the most logical replacement for Harbrow if he were retire (well, at least short-term). At the very least he seemed like someone who was always pushing for a spot. I guess it probably just came down to the fact he was most likely wasn't going to be an important player moving forward, and the list cuts forced him out early.

And I don't know if any of these players will be re-rookied, as the club usually says they'll consider re-rooking them when they announce the delistings. However in saying that, hopefully with the incoming eastern seaboard reserves comp next year, the club can maybe sign some of these guys onto an actual proper reserves list and keep them on a similar program (I'm assuming that because it's mainly a VFL comp plus northern states, it won't be like before where the reserves top-ups were unselected Southport players).

Yeah Murdoch would be lucky to hold his spot

Only Riordan and Joyce are possible AFL talent out of that group of delistings IMO
Fletcher was okay but doesn't have any stand out traits. Will be a solid state league player tho. The rest aren't up to scratch as AFL players
Murdoch is contracted for next year. Signed for 3 years. Probably would've been delisted if he was out of contract.

Mentioned him a while back, Talia or Carlisle for mine.

On SM-G960W using BigFooty.com mobile app

Remove this Banner Ad

Back