2020 Draft and Trades Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

eppo67

Premiership Player
May 24, 2015
AFL Club
Gold Coast
If we dont have an A grade already locked and loaded..
seems very quiet.

Adelaide is a farce of a football club.
Send pick 5 there ASAP for future first..
*cough* pick 1
I reckon North Melbourne are way worse they are an absolute debarcle. I bet Bailey Scott is happy with little Robbie.

Mt Isa Mustang

Cancelled
Dream Team Club Board Winner
Nov 23, 2019
AFL Club
Gold Coast
if you think Adelaide believe they are even a 50% of winning the wooden spoon you are dreaming.

Ricciuto and the crows have a massive amount of tickets on themselves.
Think there sh*t and there stupid camp don’t stink
Would back themselves for top 8

they wouldn’t be worried about some 16/17yr old SA kid
haha Ben,

'A rebuilding team hasn't looked at the next draft crop just 12 months ahead'

Please.

Mt Isa Mustang

Cancelled
Nov 23, 2019
AFL Club
Gold Coast
I reckon North Melbourne are way worse they are an absolute debarcle. I bet Bailey Scott is happy with little Robbie.
But we hear from North fans non stop that he is doing engineering at Melbourne University..
Must be the only place to get an engineering degree..

Mt Isa Mustang

Cancelled
Nov 23, 2019
AFL Club
Gold Coast
of cause they have looked, I’m saying they won’t be thinking let’s get the wooden spoon so we can pick up some kid.

crows will tell you they want to play finals next year
I can definitely see them wanting a top 5-6 pick this year if Thilthorpe is still available.
Not sure what deal gets done to make that happen.
They're not giving up next years first, lets be real.

Mar 14, 2014
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Las Vegas Bears
I can definitely see them wanting a top 5-6 pick this year if Thilthorpe is still available.
Not sure what deal gets done to make that happen.
They're not giving up next years first, lets be real.
I reckon they take Thilthorpe at 1, he isnt the best player but he is a SA kid and they can't afford anymore players who will want to go home eventually

Corkie

Premiership Player
Aug 6, 2013
Gold Coast
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Gold Coast United
If we don’t use Pick 5 directly on an A grade mid, I still think we will still receive a few enticing offers for it.

If Crows match Crouch, Dons Daniher & GWS Cameron, clubs will be in the market for an early pick to satisfy trades. Even the Blues possibly with Williams & Saad trades.

Still plenty of time to shake a quality mature player loose.

OB11

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 4, 2010
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
76ers
If we don’t use Pick 5 directly on an A grade mid, I still think we will still receive a few enticing offers for it.

If Crows match Crouch, Dons Daniher & GWS Cameron, clubs will be in the market for an early pick to satisfy trades. Even the Blues possibly with Williams & Saad trades.

Still plenty of time to shake a quality mature player loose.

Even still that doesn't get you a better pick this year, and doesn't get you a quality mature player for that pick, as in AFL all the power is with the player.

It might get you future pick but we are batting 0/4 in that department.

Just hoping Crouch doesn't trigger a top 2 pick is this is a 6 player draft and it will drop off sharply if our pick gets bumped one more spot.

Jan 27, 2014
Melbourne
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Jeez GWS about to lose player #6 with Zac Langdon heading back to WA

Suns must be doing something right.
Or keeping there secrets close to there chest!
Had no one ask for a trade yet.
Some sort of a record

Oct 19, 2017
AFL Club
Gold Coast

Some sort of a record

Plus O’Halloran hasn’t signed... they won’t have to delist anyone cause there will be no one left

Aug 17, 2010
AFL Club
Gold Coast

Some sort of a record

Why ask for a trade when you could easily end up back in a Queensland hub next year!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

GC2015

Norm Smith Medallist
May 27, 2013
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Max Pescud
Gold Coast Suns Academy / Surfers Paradise, QAFL
Height: 183cm
Weight: 70kg
13/04/02
Medium forward who has made the most of being able to play football this year without many restrictions and gone from strength to strength with his development. After averaging 18.5 disposals in four games in the NAB League last year for the Gold Coast Suns Academy ( kicking four goals vs the GWV Rebels) he has shown in two games for the Suns against the Lions Academy averaging 22.5 disposals, 5.5 marks and five tackles to really catch the eye of scouts. Making the most of whatever opportunity presented in 2020, he kicked six goals at senior level in a match for Surfers Paradise in difficult conditions again showing his prowess up forward with his marking and speed his weapons. This month he was an athletic star at the National Combine in Queensland with his 6 minutes 36 seconds for the 2km, 83cm for the running Vertical jump and 2.96 seconds for 20 metres all strong performances

Pescud gets a mention in Kevin Sheehan's top medium forwards prospects list. It seems pretty likely at this stage that we're going to draft Max. I don't think we can afford to pass on a local that performed like this in his draft year, especially when we have automatic access to locals and don't have t waste a draft pick to pick him up. It actually looks like he could be a good long term replacement for Sexton as Alex gets older (he's about to turn 27).

Jan 27, 2014
Melbourne
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Mar 14, 2014
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Las Vegas Bears
Jan 27, 2014
Melbourne
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Isn't that tampering
Sounds quite dodgy!

Even if he is getting paid X the AFL don’t need to do anything they don’t want to..
Hence the super secretive formula.
And now that it’s in the media, I doubt the VFL will be very impressed with manipulating the top end of the draft.

even though they did hand GC a top 2 pick last year.

Sep 25, 2012
Brisbane
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
OKC, Chelsea FC, Raiders
Aug 7, 2013
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Rams, 76's, Brewers
Yet another example of what a s**t storm of a joke free agency is in the AFL.
Steven Motlop compo pick is still incredible. Geelong were looking to move him on anyway and he goes to Port and Geelong were even expecting an end of 2nd round pick. AFL gift them an end of first round pick and surprise surprise Geelong are able to use it for the Ablett trade. FA is a sham.

Baygirl1977

Debutant
Oct 13, 2020
Redland Bay
AFL Club
Gold Coast

Pescud gets a mention in Kevin Sheehan's top medium forwards prospects list. It seems pretty likely at this stage that we're going to draft Max. I don't think we can afford to pass on a local that performed like this in his draft year, especially when we have automatic access to locals and don't have t waste a draft pick to pick him up. It actually looks like he could be a good long term replacement for Sexton as Alex gets older (he's about to turn 27).
Heard there could be up to 4 suns academy kids drafted given they have been given extra rookie spots for that purpose

Remove this Banner Ad

Back