2020 Draft and Trades Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

What? Paying a top 5 pick and the bag for a non-committed players with a history of injuries seems like it’s right out of our play book, no?

sounds like the Club read our BF forums 🤣

list strategy being a 24yr old.. not 28..
looks to be the only thing that saved us.

Interesting that there are still plenty of people on this forum bagging SUNS. The sign of scars from the past. I don't see too many mistakes made by the new management in the last 2 years.

People were going nuts when when we drafted Ben King without his brother (including me). The same with B Ellis. We got elite talent already. It just needs to mature. Some mature players around the edges will be handy. One elite in prime would be great to speed up the process - maybe next year off-season after we hopefully push for finals. If not we still should be in great shape in 1-2 years. Once our best 22 is 25 years average age we will be killing it.

Just hope we don't sit back and watch him go to another club and bolster their mid field in 2021. I live in hope we're trying to dig Clayton Oliver out from the Demons as we desperately need one more strong in and under mid - Swallow is nearing the end and Rowell, Greenwood need that one last bigger body to complete that part of the puzzle. Should be an interesting few weeks coming up. Back line still needing work but Broad would help out a lot - not so much Markov.

Just hope we don't sit back and watch him go to another club and bolster their mid field in 2021. I live in hope we're trying to dig Clayton Oliver out from the Demons as we desperately need one more strong in and under mid - Swallow is nearing the end and Rowell, Greenwood need that one last bigger body to complete that part of the puzzle. Should be an interesting few weeks coming up. Back line still needing work but Broad would help out a lot - not so much Markov.
Do you mean the Clayton Oliver we could of had in the draft in 2015 but instead decided to trade pick 3 to Melbourne for pick 6 that eventually became Callum AChee, that Clayton Oliver

the joy of being a Suns supporter

Do you mean the Clayton Oliver we could of had in the draft in 2015 but instead decided to trade pick 3 to Melbourne for pick 6 that eventually became Callum AChee, that Clayton Oliver

Your continual negativity is draining.

One of the many reasons that recruitment and list team are no longer with us.

Much more confident in who we have now.

Your continual negativity is draining.
If you forget the past you are doomed to repeat it.

Not trying to annoy / frustrate you or anyone else But these are major * ups and they should serve as warnings.

maybe block me!

One of the many reasons that recruitment and list team are no longer with us.

Much more confident in who we have now.
With the exception of Don Ambrogio who always had an excellent eye for talent and has built a fantastic team at the Lions

it’s talk like getting Trealor that has me reliving nightmares

Not trying to annoy / frustrate you or anyone else But these are major fu** ups and they should serve as warnings.

maybe block me!
Common, at least one positive post per week :) You can do it.

I will help you with some suggestions.

'Clayton drafting Powell with pick 19 was a genius move.'

'Clayton drafting Ballard with pick 42 was a genius move.'

'Thanks God Cameron drafted Luko, Rankine and King with picks 2, 3, 6.'

Common, at least one positive post per week :) You can do it.

I will help you with some suggestions.

'Clayton drafting Powell with pick 19 was a genius move.'

'Clayton drafting Ballard with pick 42 was a genius move.'

'Thanks God Cameron drafted Luko, Rankine and King with picks 2, 3, 6.'
All good calls, Powell and Ballard in particular have been fantastic pick ups. 2 of my favourite players

(Log in to remove this ad.)

All good calls, Powell and Ballard in particular have been fantastic pick ups. 2 of my favourite players
I know you like them :) Not all is bad with SUNS. Could you imagine that e.g. last year Cameron would only draft Rowell and use pick 2 in B Crouch trade and pay him 900K? No major stuff ups recently.

With the exception of Don Ambrogio who always had an excellent eye for talent and has built a fantastic team at the Lions
A lot of players were already there. Neale was a luck not Ambrogio. Some of his choices are questionable - Adams, Birchall, CEY.

Thank God wiser heads seem to have prevailed.

with Brisbane also pulling out of the race it leaves Treloar on very unsteady ground.

Whoever wrote this article has this wrong, it leaves Collingwood on very unsteady ground. Treloar is contracted.

Like Mt Isa Mustang said, it might mean that it shakes loose some of their other talent. Hey Darcy, want to live on the Goldy?

The way they have handled this and the way they have treated Treloar is shameful and he should just tell them to GAGF and stick it out.

with Brisbane also pulling out of the race it leaves Treloar on very unsteady ground.

Whoever wrote this article has this wrong, it leaves Collingwood on very unsteady ground. Treloar is contracted.

Like Mt Isa Mustang said, it might mean that it shakes loose some of their other talent. Hey Darcy, want to live on the Goldy?

The way they have handled this and the way they have treated Treloar is shameful and he should just tell them to GAGF and stick it out.

Mierchek 😁

He's turning 28 - he is who he is as a player now, expecting anymore would be foolish. He's got max 2 prime year and whoever takes him on is signed up for 5 years at top dollar
Mitch Robinson was 27 when he went to brisbane and has matured brilliantly. He's still got a cheeky nature but what he's added to brisbane and how he's gotten his s*it together is a good example of what the right atmosphere and mindset can do for a players character

After 2 days listening to Trade Radio I have to say both SOS and Rendell are absolute jokes.

Yes, yesterday Rendell claimed that Brodie is worth first round pick.

Just now within 1 minute they made like 4 mistakes about SUNS. First it took them 2 attempts to get Jeffrey's name right, then SOS claimed he is F/S, then he is Brisbane academy, then Rendell corrected him but claimed that SUNS got NT territory as academy region (when it's actually only Darwin).

Finally, Rendell finished it by claiming that SUNS have 50 players on the list (when it's actually 41 at the moment) and have to reduce it to 40 (completely missing that SUNS will still be allowed to have more players as per proportional list reduction).

Last edited:

Not trying to annoy / frustrate you or anyone else But these are major fu** ups and they should serve as warnings.

maybe block me!
Everyone here knows about errors from the past.
We don't need to bring them up constantly. D
After 2 days listening to Trade Radio I have to say both SOS and Rendell are absolute jokes.

Yes, yesterday Rendell claimed that Brodie is worth first round pick.

Just now within 1 minute they made like 4 mistakes about SUNS. First it took them 2 attempts to get Jeffrey's name right, then SOS claimed he is F/S, then he is Brisbane academy, then Rendell corrected him but claimed that SUNS got NT territory as academy region (when it's actually only Darwin).

Finally, Rendell finished it by claiming that SUNS have 50 players on the list (when it's actually 41 at the moment) and have to reduce it to 40 (completely missing that SUNS will still be allowed to have more players as per proportional list reduction).
i heard that.
Joke!

Greenwood quotes

On SUNS trade period
“I understand we will be pretty quiet during the trade period.

On his future
“My plan is to stick with footy as long as possible, as long as the Suns will keep having me.

“I love it here. Now is a really good time to be involved with the club. The reason I came here was to be part of that next growth and the new direction and culture of the footy club.

“I want to be able to see that out as long as possible. Having said that, I have the Jack Jumpers and my affiliation and love for Tassie in the back of my mind.

“In the meantime I’m fully committed to the Suns as long as they will have me.”

On Treloar
“He is one of the best players in the competition,”
“Statistically you can see that and his influence on the game when he is up and about is extraordinary.
“I understand it’s a tricky situation for him and everyone during this time. He is a quality player and any club would be stoked to have him.”

Greenwood quotes

On SUNS trade period

On his future

On Treloar

I love Hugh Greenwood and what he's brought to our footy Club.....

Remove this Banner Ad

Back