2020 Draft and Trades Thread

Jan 27, 2014
Melbourne
AFL Club
Gold Coast
So because the Victorian media hasn't posted anything on this subject that suits your narrative, you believe the COCH is talking bullsh*t....

"Believe nothing that you read.....and only 1/2 what you see'

Fair enough then.

If by vic media you mean Gold Coast bulletin.
Well you caught me .

Sorry for any anger I may or brought everyone.

AB621DC1-0B56-4002-8A23-C7EFC294E580.jpeg

Last edited:

OB11

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 4, 2010
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
76ers
Le Coch has spoken. Until Treloar decides he wants to come to us, we’re not interested.

IF he did want to come to us we should be framing it to Treloar that as we didn't target him that we are not committed to selling the farm for him and that we will not be putting #5 or a future 1st on the table and Pies would need to pay a fair chunk of salary as well.

If Pies don't want to do the deal on our terms then Treloar has said that he will see out his contract with the Pies so everyone moves on.

The price is only going down next year as Treloar is a year older and getting closer to the huge back ended contract

Jessbek

Club Legend
Mar 24, 2012
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Arsenal, Arizona Cardinals
Broad? Maybe wishful thinking but I hope they wouldnt sell Atkins as filling a key need

Oct 24, 2008
Mermaid Beach
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
GWS, Celtics, 76ers
“Secured a player to fill a key need” says Cameron

I can only assume this is Atkins, if it is then this is going to be an underwhelming trade period to say the least

Even more disappointingly reports are stating that we are paying him almost as much as 2MP (400k x 4).

ask yourself Who replaces King if he’s injured? where we have probably 3-5 that could cover Atkins if he was out

Sep 25, 2012
Brisbane
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
OKC, Chelsea FC, Raiders

eppo67

Premiership Player
May 24, 2015
AFL Club
Gold Coast
The player coming in to fill a key need I assume is Atkins?

Perhaps we are planning to use him in defence? “Fills a key need”

I wish they’d stop hyping up the ‘players are interested in coming after living here’ thing. Can only end in disappointment for some fans.
Yes can hardly contain my excitement.
Rory Atkins is filling what KEY need exactly?

Jirik13

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 22, 2018
AFL Club
Gold Coast
and didn’t we have a fire sale post season of most coaches and welfare persons?
You mentioned only coaches. Kaesler and Clarke were development coaches overseen by Francou I believe. All are still there. Prescott, Malceski (NEAFL), Swallow (part-time) and Koschitzke (part_time) were stepped down in March. Only really Solomon let go at the end of season. I doubt we will hire more coaches, possibly 1? No money. Other teams doing the same. No idea about welfare - big concern for me. Harbrow's job, I guess :)

Last edited:
Back