2020 Draft and Trades Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

If you’re trading someone there is no point playing him. Not only is it taking up games for some like day who wants to be there and also best 22.

There is a chance wright gets an injury short or long term that puts off any potential buyers

I would completely agree if he was OOC, or if a deal with the other club was prearranged.

But the narrative from the club was that he could explore his options but they’re otherwise happy for him to stay

You would think if a deal was prearranged that it would have already been done.

I do agree that injury is an issue. Although I think only a long term injury would affect trade value.

I don’t think 1 or 2 games in the last 3 or 4 weeks would have stunted anyone else’s development tbh.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

I believe Cameron did not mention Gore. He deferred to Kall Burns regarding who we pre-list. He did mention that there some other Suns academy kids besides Davies, Lake, Jeffrey, Lui (all mentioned by Rendell) SUNS are looking into. Cameron also confirmed that last year we had 40 on primary list and 10 cat A rookies.
My bet is Jeffery , Lake ,Davies ,Gore and Nicholls for suns , Pescud and Fyfe rookied elsewhere

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What would we be willing to pay?
Pick 5 and next years 2nd for Norths pick 2?
It would be closer to pick 5 and next years 1st for pick 2 and norths 2021 2nd. There is a clear best 2 in this draft in JUH and McDonald and the next 4 in Thilthorpe, DGB, Hollands and Phillips. Will take a lot to prise pick 2 out. Especially in a fairly compromised draft like this one

It would be closer to pick 5 and next years 1st for pick 2 and norths 2021 2nd. There is a clear best 2 in this draft in JUH and McDonald and the next 4 in Thilthorpe, DGB, Hollands and Phillips. Will take a lot to prise pick 2 out. Especially in a fairly compromised draft like this one
Wow, he must be a gun

Considering 2MP was supposed to go No1 early in his draft year I think we should just take the best available at 5

Wow, he must be a gun

Considering 2MP was supposed to go No1 early in his draft year I think we should just take the best available at 5
McDonald played WAFL seniors this year as a 17 year old and dominated, regularly kicking bags of 3 or 4 against AFL listed defenders. Kid is going to be a superstar, I would take him number 1 without hesitation

As much as I like Phillips, in terms of our list we have plenty of mids and crying out for a quality KPF or KPD so trying to trade up makes sense.

To have North thinking about trading down from 2 would need to involve next year's 1st Rd pick.

McDonald played WAFL seniors this year as a 17 year old and dominated, regularly kicking bags of 3 or 4 against AFL listed defenders. Kid is going to be a superstar, I would take him number 1 without hesitation

But then got beaten by DGB when they lined up so...

What would we be willing to pay?
Pick 5 and next years 2nd for Norths pick 2?
North would probably laugh at this offer. It would have to be serious overs. I agree with others that our future first would have to be involved. Only for McDonald as he is labelled as a generational talent.

But then how many top talents will we able to keep? It's a long list already. There is a reason why Wright/Brodie are on the table besides not really pushing for the best 22.

In 2-4 years, I hope we don't end up like GWS. Hopefully, our boys will follow Hawks/Cats players and will be happy with moderate salaries for the chance to win premierships. We need to play finals first.

North would probably laugh at this offer. It would have to be serious overs. I agree with others that our future first would have to be involved. Only for McDonald as he is labelled as a generational talent.

But then how many top talents will we able to keep? It's a long list already. There is a reason why Wright/Brodie are on the table besides not really pushing for the best 22.

In 2-4 years, I hope we don't end up like GWS. Hopefully, our boys will follow Hawks/Cats players and will be happy with moderate salaries for the chance to win premierships. We need to play finals first.

Do we trade for pick 2 now not knowing if McDonald is there or wait until draft night and make any deal contingent on McDonald being there before finalising any transaction

Do we trade for pick 2 now not knowing if McDonald is there or wait until draft night and make any deal contingent on McDonald being there before finalising any transaction
I would only do it on draft night for McDonald.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back