2020 Draft and Trades Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

According to AFL.com Will Brodie is likely to stay at the Suns

I don’t mind this. Him and Fiorini just had off years and no reserves didn’t help there case

QUOTE="CommittedSuns, post: 67914756, member: 185169"]
I don’t mind this. Him and Fiorini just had off year and no reserves didn’t help there case
[/QUOTE]
Do you think Brodie will try and prove everyone wrong next season? Interesting to see how he turns up to pre season if he is still a Sun.

QUOTE="CommittedSuns, post: 67914756, member: 185169"]
I don’t mind this. Him and Fiorini just had off year and no reserves didn’t help there case
Do you think Brodie will try and prove everyone wrong next season? Interesting to see how he turns up to pre season if he is still a Sun.
[/QUOTE]

I think Brodie is the type of player who has another good preseason gets his fitness up and will prove a lot of people wrong. Fitness can be fixed

I think Brodie is the type of player who has another good preseason gets his fitness up and will prove a lot of people wrong. Fitness can be fixed
[/QUOTE]
Who does he replace in the midfield though

[/QUOTE]
He’ll play high half forward which is now a pseudo mid anyway. Replace Holman in that role. He’ll get every chance in the pre season to own that role. It’s up to him

He’ll play high half forward which is now a pseudo mid anyway. Replace Holman in that role. He’ll get every chance in the pre season to own that role. It’s up to him
[/QUOTE]
Id worry about his mobility as a forward. Not sure he has the pressure ability or speed to close down on people

If I’m reading this correctly, please correct me if I’m wrong.. you’re saying he’s now willing to come if a trade can be done?
Sorry been busy. What l know is his partner loves QLD especially GC and they planned to retire up here post football. She took opportunity with both hands as per above.
I have no idea sorry if he wants to come to GC to play football l UNDERSTAND he prefers to stay in Melbourne but Queensland is becoming more attractive as this drags on.
SO I'M TOLD.

Sorry been busy. What l know is his partner loves QLD especially GC and they planned to retire up here post football. She took opportunity with both hands as per above.
I have no idea sorry if he wants to come to GC to play football l UNDERSTAND he prefers to stay in Melbourne but Queensland is becoming more attractive as this drags on.
SO I'M TOLD.

I have a long annoyance about Ex NRL players in particular coming up here after their career is over and wanting to be 👑 💩 after giving nothing to our local team and community.
Treloar should consider that. Want to live out the bulk of your life in our community, well how about giving something first.

Yeah. And apparently paying most of his salary too. Key forward depth is looking pretty thin now, and with Day's injury history and fluctuating form throughout his career (as well as turning 29 next year), you would think he would be required depth (I don't think Corbett is quite big enough to play second tall should Wright or Day go down). Also, turning 25 next year, he would just about to be entering his prime next year too.

Source?

Everyone just needs to give Brodie a chance.
The kids never had one.
Was averaging 22 touches a game in 2019 yet constantly got dropped and replaced by players who would get 5 touches a game and keep there spot?

always been on the wrong end of team decisions and givin 1 or 2 games in then back out.

let him get in and under and play swallow outside or half forward

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Can Brodie & Greenwood play onball at the same time? They can play in the same team if they can also go forward & still be useful. Greenwood did that at the Crows. Brodie still has to prove he can as well. Otherwise it is hard to see them both playing. It’s a real shame, because Brodie is quite good at doing the same thing Greenwood does in the centre

Everyone just needs to give Brodie a chance.
The kids never had one.
Was averaging 22 touches a game in 2019 yet constantly got dropped and replaced by players who would get 5 touches a game and keep there spot?

always been on the wrong end of team decisions and givin 1 or 2 games in then back out.

let him get in and under and play swallow outside or half forward

Agree, I’m a big supporter of Will. Even sent him a good luck message round 1. Next year will be different, he’ll be working his ass off for his chance.

Can Brodie & Greenwood play onball at the same time? They can play in the same team if they can also go forward & still be useful. Greenwood did that at the Crows. Brodie still has to prove he can as well. Otherwise it is hard to see them both playing. It’s a real shame, because Brodie is quite good at doing the same thing Greenwood does in the centre

I reckon Swallow/Greenwood/Brodie could all rotate between the midfield and forward line. I worry more about the likes of D Mac, Holman, Lemmens where they stand in the team

Also, boat has sailed on Treloar I would say. 2 days is not enough time to meet him and do a medical and then get him in. Feels like that door is shut.

Honestly he should stay with the Pies for a year to get himself some time. If Kim is still in QLD after that he will probably want to move up.

BS we are paying most of his salary. I call that trolling. I’ll apologise if you find proof that we are paying over 50% of his salary.
I think I saw someone post it on here. I don't claim that to be fact, which is why I said apparently. I don't see how that's trolling.

Webster Dictionary defines trolling as the act of having a fishing rod at the back of a moving boat usually trying to catch mackeral
Look, I wasn't making any deliberate attempt to provoke anyone. If it came off that way, I apologise. I don't even really believe it, but just saying if it is true you're better off keeping him.

According to AFL.com Will Brodie is likely to stay at the Suns
I hope so he will be best 22 bye end of next year

Remove this Banner Ad

Back