2020 Draft and Trades Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

No issue is the issue , look at GCS reserve who played with Murdoch , GHS, hombsch , they all get delisted . .

Last edited:
might as well kept schoenfield just to drag everyone around in the running drills.
I don’t see Townsend replacing Ainsworth or Rankine or even sexton.

I’d even prefer to give game time to Flanders over Townsend
Townsend will be purely depth, at the bottom of the list, is twice the player Schoenfeld is, as well as being a premiership player.

Will be great to have a premiership player training and playing with the 2's, along with the likes of Harbrow, will be a great leader to a very young 2's team.

This is all contingent what is reported is actually true.

Isn't it GHS , hombsch , Murdoch , Henley , Riztelli great leader. Who GCS produce that match marshall , Callum Wilkins , Liam Ryan Tim Kelly type of output . Butler, Liam Baker , Graham are also premiership players that went pass Townsend .

Every single year GCS new leader to guide them in reserve and yet every year GCS delisted or trade young players away. Where is the guidance and leadership .
Graham played AFL ,
Might as well ask Lukosius to guide the youngster in kicking , Rowell and Anderson ( leadership) , Rankine ( showmanship)

Last edited:

Isn't it GHS , hombsch , Murdoch , Henley , Riztelli great leader. Who GCS produce that match marshall , Callum Wilkins , Liam Ryan Tim Kelly type of output . Butler, Liam Baker , Graham are also premiership players that went pass Townsend .

Every single year GCS new leader to guide them in reserve and yet every year GCS delisted or trade young players away. Where is the guidance and leadership .
Graham played AFL ,
Might as well ask Lukosius to guide the youngster in kicking , Rowell and Anderson ( leadership) , Rankine ( showmanship)

Unfortunately Suns list has been stuffed for years. Until we have a clear indication of our best 22 and great training/performance/conditioning programs which has been and issue in prior years we kinda have to rely on those fringe players from stronger clubs. I’m almost certain we are almost pass it with a good core of young players.

Unfortunately Suns list has been stuffed for years. Until we have a clear indication of our best 22 and great training/performance/conditioning programs which has been and issue in prior years we kinda have to rely on those fringe players from stronger clubs. I’m almost certain we are almost pass it with a good core of young players.
Essendon is not a stronger club . If he choose GCS rather than Essendon after Richmond delisted him i got nothing to said. Eg Markov and Brandon Ellis . Is good to have player want to play if for you in the first place , not the other way .

Delisted by Richmond and Essendon .
Good training stardard = how to get delisted two times and yet get pick up by GCS .

Last edited:
Essendon is not a stronger club . If he choose GCS rather than Essendon after Richmond delisted him i got nothing to said. Eg Markov and Brandon Ellis . Is good to have player want to play if for you in the first place , not the other way .

Delisted by Richmond and Essendon .
Good training stardard = how to get delisted two times and yet get pick up by GCS .

I think it’s a stupid pick up personally and a waste of a list spot but he obviously brings leadership and training experience to our young group otherwise we wouldn’t be picking him up

Cal Twomney seems to think Nicholls is a more certain pre listed player than Lake and Fyfe at this stage
Any idea how tall Nicholls is?
If he can be a true tall defender I don’t mind it. If he’s mid sized.. not so sure how I feel about that.

Townsend is an experienced backup and can only strengthen the VFL side - fail to really see the issue...
Opportunity cost.
Him taking a spot means we don’t get to see what Brodie lake or max pescud could do.
These guys might not make it, but they’ve got a decent ceiling.

Any idea how tall Nicholls is?
If he can be a true tall defender I don’t mind it. If he’s mid sized.. not so sure how I feel about that.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Thanks
Don’t like it.
One extra cm according to draftcentral - 187cm, 77kg. Does it make you feel better? :)

Tried to hurt his opponent. SUNS need more players like him.

I think it’s a stupid pick up personally and a waste of a list spot but he obviously brings leadership and training experience to our young group otherwise we wouldn’t be picking him up
I think i better stop now , no point going further - decision already made , worse case scenario - Dew and Craig Cameron lost their job if GCS perform badly .

Ruckmen Nicholls out , another Nicholls coming in .Make sure this one go to US for holiday every year .

Cal Twomey
Gold Coast pre-selections have to be confirmed by next week I believe. Davies and Jeffrey will join as primary-listed players, and I expect at least one more Academy player to be a rookie, likely to be Rhys Nicholls. Brodie Lake and Aiden Fyfe are others potentially.

Gold Coast will ship out its pick 27 for a future pick

Last edited:
I saw nicholls take a lot of intercepts marks when I watched. Thought he was a taller
Defender

Remove this Banner Ad

Back