List Mgmt. 2020 Draft - Bidding on Lachie Jones

Remove this Banner Ad

Port would be absolutely stupid if we havent planned for Jones to be picked up at pick 1 by the crows.. because we all know there is a chance that campaigner of a club would have it in their minds to do it.

That way if it does happen we are prepared

If it doesnt happen (which realistically it shouldnt) then we have already made plans for worst case scenario and it wont matter if he gets picked at 1 or 20 we are covered.

Thats why somewhere along the line i see Port doing some pick trades to bank up some more points

Port would be absolutely stupid if we havent planned for Jones to be picked up at pick 1 by the crows.. because we all know there is a chance that campaigner of a club would have it in their minds to do it.

That way if it does happen we are prepared

If it doesnt happen (which realistically it shouldnt) then we have already made plans for worst case scenario and it wont matter if he gets picked at 1 or 20 we are covered.

Thats why somewhere along the line i see Port doing some pick trades to bank up some more points
I doubt we will match a pick 1 bid - need 2,400 pts after applying the 20% discount.

Can't see North bidding on him at 2 - need 2,014 pts, but we probably won't match that.

Picks 3,4 or 5 need 1,787, 1,627 and 1,502 pts respectively, we will match any of these but I can't see Sydney, Hawks or Gold Coast using those picks respectively they have as of today on Jones. If they traded them out, then who knows who the receiving teams are and what they will do with those picks.

Pick 6 - 1,401 pts, or later we will match that, no hesitation IMO. If Essendon do bid on Jones, that will probably be pick 8 as Ugle-Hagan and Campbell will be bid on before it gets to their pick IMO and push them back 2 picks.

It would be incredibly spiteful for Adelaide to take him at 1 considering theres far better talent in the draft than Lachie

However i wouldnt put anything past that pathetic franchise to "get one up on Port"

I'm not sure their customer base would see getting a half back flanker as reward for the wooden spoon as getting one up on Port.

I'm not sure their customer base would see getting a half back flanker as reward for the wooden spoon as getting one up on Port.
Yes they would. They would hold a tickertape parade getting 1 up on us.

It would be incredibly spiteful for Adelaide to take him at 1 considering theres far better talent in the draft than Lachie

However i wouldnt put anything past that pathetic franchise to "get one up on Port"

The silly father/son rules for SA players, combined with the equally silly NGA rules have enabled them to "get one up on Port" already.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If Crows bid pick 1 then let them have him. We can then laugh at them for burning a pick 1 and overlooking potential franchise players they need to rebuild.

Jones is just a half back flanker - albeit a genuine talent. No one is bidding on him in the first 6 or 7 picks - the most likely bad result for you will be Essendon ( and will they use this as leverage in the Fanta trade) or perhaps us at our second pick but even that would surprise tbh

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Crows can get McDonald or Thilthorpe at pick 1, you would think they couldn't call out either name fast enough.

I was ever so slightly worried that if the Crows got #2 for Crouch that they might be willing to go best available with #1 and then burn #2 on a Lachie bid. I don't think even they would be crazy enough to do it with #1 alone though. No back up plan if we decide not to match.

I was ever so slightly worried that if the Crows got #2 for Crouch that they might be willing to go best available with #1 and then burn #2 on a Lachie bid. I don't think even they would be crazy enough to do it with #1 alone though. No back up plan if we decide not to match.
Not to mention the PR of us getting the player they "wanted" at pick 1.

It would effectively mean that they finished last and we got the #1 pick.

On SM-G960F using BigFooty.com mobile app

But, but Elijah Hollands is a Crows supporter and always has been!

Next Andrew McLeod

Not sure the Club would be filling it's web site up with articles on Lachie Jones if it was not confident of landing him.

This is almost 'Welcome to Alberton' stuff and we will look pretty stupid if we do not get him after all the warm and fuzzy hype.

I’ve seen enough of him live to see how good this kid is. Will end up one of the best few players of this draft year. You have yourself a ripper and I’d think we bid on him with our first if we still have it but that will likely be around the 8 or 9 mark which you can cover easily

Not sure the Club would be filling it's web site up with articles on Lachie Jones if it was not confident of landing him.

This is almost 'Welcome to Alberton' stuff and we will look pretty stupid if we do not get him after all the warm and fuzzy hype.

Nah, apart from Paul Stewart, we're not interested in him. Membership auto renewal date is before the draft, so maybe I'd better cancel that and wait and see... ;)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back