List Mgmt. 2020 Draft - Bidding on Lachie Jones

Remove this Banner Ad

I think there will be some capital coming in next year via trades.

Who are we trading out and why do they have any value?

Hayes Farrell Garner and bonner are the ooc players and I don’t think we get very good value for them.

I reckon if it comes to the end of 2021 and we don’t have obvious dixon Jonas replacements and an inside mid appear from nowhere we would be very worried.

Hayes Farrell Garner and bonner are the ooc players and I don’t think we get very good value for them.

I reckon if it comes to the end of 2021 and we don’t have obvious dixon Jonas replacements and an inside mid appear from nowhere we would be very worried.

We wouldn't be trading them for high picks, we would be trading them for draft points.

Either hartlet, Mackenzie or clury isn’t in our best 22 why not trade 1

No problems with trading next years second and third.

Easily replaceable by trading out some depth players looking for more opportunity, or even an older list clogger (possibly Hartlett/Rocky)

We are in a good spot, balancing retirees over the next few years and the development of our young kids. We all hope SPP, Ladhams, Marshall, Rozee, Duursma and Butters can go another level.

If we can nab an elite midfield free agent next year it would also be awesome.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Hartlett will be a 1 club player. Current vice captain, he's not going anywhere. As for the other two, if you get rid of either then you're left with the same problem of having zero KPD depth in the event that one of your top KPDs gets injured.

Solkd depth at key positions is far more valuable than a few draft points.

all 3 are first 22 quality until proven otherwise. Hartlett is well entrenched in this team and should have been borderline in the all-Aus squad this season. He was great. He’s going to finish his career here why the hell would be leave now.

also we haven’t replaced clurey. He will be first 22 next year.

we’re trading none of those players next year

I assume that's a fancy way of saying Port can go into deficit and if the bid is to match a 1st rounder, then the deficit points are applied to Port's 2021 first round pick.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I assume that's a fancy way by saying Port can go into deficit and if the bid is to match a 1st rounder, then the deficit points are applied to Port's 2021 first round pick.

Yes, which is exactly what Cal said in the actual interview.

I assume that's a fancy way of saying Port can go into deficit and if the bid is to match a 1st rounder, then the deficit points are applied to Port's 2021 first round pick.
Had we traded out out first rounder would the deficit have been applied to our 2nd rounder?

On SM-G960F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Yeah there were some follow up tweets about that. Your version is basically what he said but SEN changed the wording to fit the word limit.

Why would we have to dip into next yrs pick to cover a bid? I thought we have enough points.

Not enough to cover a top 6 pick.

This site is pretty good for looking at picks/points

So for example pick 6 is worth 1751 points. Apply a 20% discount and we need 1400 points.

Currently we have 35 (522), 47 (316), 57 (182), 59 (158), 73 (9) as picks that can earn points.

It's a total of 1187 points.

The picks might move slightly depending on other bids, but assuming we keep the picks we have, if Jones is bid on in the top 6, we would go into deficit for next year.

Pick 9 is where it is basically breakeven for us to match the bid.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back