List Mgmt. 2020 Draft - Bidding on Lachie Jones

Remove this Banner Ad

Saw him on TV tonight, I’d only read the name, excellent mullet :thumbsu:

he also ticks the best box you can get in an AFL footballer I think... There he is hedge trimming. He’s got a real job. A hard job.

When you draft him, he’ll be thinking, “right I can trim hedges for 50 years and maybe get somewhere, or I can train ******* hard and play for ten, fifteen years and definitely get somewhere, because work sucks balls.”

This might sound ridiculous but with your history I might sneak $$$ for Rising Star. I know talent, and he will go onto to play 250+, he will be a champion

The last bloke I can clearly remember having left school early and worked before being drafted?

Dustin Martin

he also ticks the best box you can get in an AFL footballer I think... There he is hedge trimming. He’s got a real job. A hard job.

When you draft him, he’ll be thinking, “right I can trim hedges for 50 years and maybe get somewhere, or I can train ******* hard and play for ten, fifteen years and definitely get somewhere, because work sucks balls.”

This might sound ridiculous but with your history I might sneak $$$ for Rising Star. I know talent, and he will go onto to play 250+, he will be a champion

The last bloke I can clearly remember having left school early and worked before being drafted?

Dustin Martin
Like Robbie Gray in the meat factory (i think it was).

On SM-G960F using
BigFooty.com mobile app

Like Robbie Gray in the meat factory (i think it was).

On SM-G960F using
BigFooty.com mobile app
Working in a meat factory gave Robbie Gray the grounding to become an AFL superstar for Port Adelaide
ROBBIE Gray used to work in a sausage factory but there’s a nothing mass-produced about the Port star’s output

MELBOURNE is still asleep when Robbie Gray clocks on for work at a cold, brick building in the city’s east. It’s just before 5am when Gray walks through the doors at Filla Freeza, a meat packing company in Eumemmerring, next door to Dandenong.

For the next 11 hours he will cover every inch of the concrete floor, vacuum sealing meat, lifting boxes and even making sausages. It’s hard yakka even before he gets on the Monash Freeway for the 30-minute drive to training for TAC Cup side, Oakleigh Chargers.

It’s 2006 and for an 18-year-old Gray, an AFL career seems a distant dream. But his mates always said Gray was far better at kicking snags than making them. If the footy world was ever in any doubt over the past eight years, it shouldn’t be now.

Dustin Martin
Hedge trimming? ... You are selling him short! He is multi-talented, multi-faceted, and multi-skilled ......

He also cuts lawns, is a whizz with the whipper-snipper, and can prune the crap out of anything - Smalls & talls!

Rising Star Guaranteed!

Working in a meat factory gave Robbie Gray the grounding to become an AFL superstar for Port Adelaide
ROBBIE Gray used to work in a sausage factory but there’s a nothing mass-produced about the Port star’s output

MELBOURNE is still asleep when Robbie Gray clocks on for work at a cold, brick building in the city’s east. It’s just before 5am when Gray walks through the doors at Filla Freeza, a meat packing company in Eumemmerring, next door to Dandenong.

For the next 11 hours he will cover every inch of the concrete floor, vacuum sealing meat, lifting boxes and even making sausages. It’s hard yakka even before he gets on the Monash Freeway for the 30-minute drive to training for TAC Cup side, Oakleigh Chargers.

It’s 2006 and for an 18-year-old Gray, an AFL career seems a distant dream. But his mates always said Gray was far better at kicking snags than making them. If the footy world was ever in any doubt over the past eight years, it shouldn’t be now.

Sausage factory

On SM-G960F using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Now he's given us 14 years of working in the meat beating factory.

wonder if we could trade away 35 to the hawks or WB
Gets them up the order and gives us picks they wont use

Hawks 45 46 49
WB 41 42 54

dogs need points so won't be giving them up to move a pick up that will disappear on a JUH bid.

hawks could be very keen. while there is some sense in trading for more points, if we've already got enough to match a jones bid wouldn't it be better to use 35 to get more picks (and points) in 2021 where we have few and will likely need quite a few. otherwise trade it up which is rumoured to be on the cards.

If Jones isn't bid on until say pick 15, that's only 890 points which we should be able to cover with our first 3 picks. That leaves us plenty of room for a bid on Taj then a later pick which could be in the 40-50 range.

Dustin Martin
I reckon Robbie Gray had a job when he was drafted

I reckon Robbie Gray had a job when he was drafted
Maybe scroll up a few posts..

Dustin Martin
That's funny I had that exact conversation with Jackson Trengove when he was about 19yo.

Knightmare's now got Lachie at pick ******* 6...

6. Lachlan Jones (Port Adelaide - Next-Generation Academy)
Best position: General defence/inside midfield
Height, weight: 185cm, 89kg
Recruited from: Woodville-West Torrens
Projected draft range: 5-20
Plays like: Brayden Maynard
September ranking: 10
Rationale: Holding his own at SANFL League level, Jones earned 16 senior games this season and is a ready-made defender who can step into an AFL side in year one as a stopper. While Jones can play right away in defence, given his contested ball winning power, winning more than 50% of his ball in contested situations, to go along with his size and acceleration, his longer-term future should be as a midfielder. Jones' rise comes on the back of a finals series where he substantially elevated his play and made clear he is one of this year's premier players.
Strengths:
Consistency of SANFL League performances, wins a high percentage of ball in contested situations, strength, strong one-on-one defence, negates influence of opposition forwards, capable of matching up against tall and small forwards, acceleration, run and carry, leap, equally adept at ground level and aerially, penetrating and damaging kick, intercept marking, contested marking, strength and acceleration, versatility to play in defence or through the midfield, round one ready, proven finals performer.
Weaknesses:
Endurance, accumulation, finds little easy ball.

(I got an ESPN email on this today, but I see it was done on 1 December, so apologies if already posted elsewhere)

Knightmare's now got Lachie at pick ******* 6...

6. Lachlan Jones (Port Adelaide - Next-Generation Academy)
Best position: General defence/inside midfield
Height, weight: 185cm, 89kg
Recruited from: Woodville-West Torrens
Projected draft range: 5-20
Plays like: Brayden Maynard
September ranking: 10
Rationale: Holding his own at SANFL League level, Jones earned 16 senior games this season and is a ready-made defender who can step into an AFL side in year one as a stopper. While Jones can play right away in defence, given his contested ball winning power, winning more than 50% of his ball in contested situations, to go along with his size and acceleration, his longer-term future should be as a midfielder. Jones' rise comes on the back of a finals series where he substantially elevated his play and made clear he is one of this year's premier players.
Strengths:
Consistency of SANFL League performances, wins a high percentage of ball in contested situations, strength, strong one-on-one defence, negates influence of opposition forwards, capable of matching up against tall and small forwards, acceleration, run and carry, leap, equally adept at ground level and aerially, penetrating and damaging kick, intercept marking, contested marking, strength and acceleration, versatility to play in defence or through the midfield, round one ready, proven finals performer.
Weaknesses:
Endurance, accumulation, finds little easy ball.

(I got an ESPN email on this today, but I see it was done on 1 December, so apologies if already posted elsewhere)
He had him at 7 three weeks ago. But that was a phantom draft and this looks like his rankings list. Reckon he put up his rankings list on big footy in his thread on the draft and trading board early last week,

https://www.espn.com.au/afl/story/_...tmare-espn-two-round-phantom-draft-mock-draft

Remove this Banner Ad

Back